Did Shah Jahan chop off the hands of those who built the Taj mahal ?

Did Shah jahan chop the hands of builers of Taj mahal

• Total voters

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Re: Did Shah Jahan chop off the hands of those who built the Taj mahal

MONGOLS are not the same as MUGHALS.

Mughals were mostly of Turkic descent, and only their leaders had intermarried with the Mongol conquerers of Central Asia. The Mughals adopted some of the fighting techniques of Mongols, but at heart they were Turks, and always fanatical Muslims which the early Mongols were not.
I think the Mongols were somehow considered racially or symbolically superior over the real early Mughals at that time.
Otherwise why would the persian chroniclers write the latter as Mughal and not as Turks?

TrueSpirit

@Singh: There was a thread on Taj Mahal: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...7120-taj-mahal-tejo-mahalaya-controversy.html
which was closed by you. But, after reading the points mentioned there, it seems quite interesting & worth exploring.

I would really like to understand from @Virendra, you & experts if there is an actual case for an alternative origin of Taj Mahal (as all the points mentioned on that thread illustrate). The evidences shared there, if true, are too convincing to ignore. Don't you think so ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag

@Singh: There was a thread on Taj Mahal: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...7120-taj-mahal-tejo-mahalaya-controversy.html
which was closed by you. But, after reading the points mentioned there, it seems quite interesting & worth exploring.

I would really like to understand from @Virendra, you & experts if there is an actual case for an alternative origin of Taj Mahal (as all the points mentioned on that thread illustrate). The evidences shared there, if true, are too convincing to ignore. Don't you think so ?
That thread is 4 years old. And No.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador

Valmiki means one born out of an ant hill. Pretty rare a name to have for your long lost brother.
Makes you quite unique by association :D
Sir, please don't insult the author who told the story of LORD RAM himself. It is hurting my religious sensibilities.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned

MONGOLS are not the same as MUGHALS.

Mughals were mostly of Turkic descent, and only their leaders had intermarried with the Mongol conquerers of Central Asia. The Mughals adopted some of the fighting techniques of Mongols, but at heart they were Turks, and always fanatical Muslims which the early Mongols were not.
Mughal ancestry are descendents of various Central Asian Turco-Mongol armies that invaded Iran and South Asia, from Genghis Khan to Timur to Babur.

I-G

Tihar Jail
Banned

I think the Mongols were somehow considered racially or symbolically superior over the real early Mughals at that time.
Otherwise why would the persian chroniclers write the latter as Mughal and not as Turks?
Babur himself was a direct descendant of Timur through his father and a descendant of Genghis Khan through his mother and this only was the reason that his army was consist of soldiers of Mongolic ancestry . Hardly 250 years time difference is there between Genghis khan and Babur.

Simple_Guy

Mughal was the name given to them in India. In their own land they never called themselves that. Timur was proud to be a fanatical Muslim Turk, the same as Babur, and the same as Aurangzeb. Their Mongol link is pretty thin.....almost non-existent.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

I've already said what I had to in that thread. There's nothing new to add.

Mughal was the name given to them in India. In their own land they never called themselves that. Timur was proud to be a fanatical Muslim Turk, the same as Babur, and the same as Aurangzeb. Their Mongol link is pretty thin.....almost non-existent.
And yet history knows them as 'Mughals' not as 'Turks'. Because when this history was being written, the Mongol link wasn't so thin as it seems today.

TrueSpirit

I've already said what I had to in that thread. There's nothing new to add.

And yet history knows them as 'Mughals' not as 'Turks'. Because when this history was being written, the Mongol link wasn't so thin as it seems today.
@Virendra: I do not see any of your post in that thread. hence, I asked. You could double-check.

Tolaha

Yep, in Kannada, "T(h)urki" as was pronounced but I guess for non-native Muslims only.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

Simple_Guy

Maharana Pratap famously said of Akbar, "I will call him by no other name than Turk."

It was pronounced Toork. In older Rajput inscriptions it was "Turushka".

TrueSpirit

Maharana Pratap famously said of Akbar, "I will call him by no other name than Turk."

It was pronounced Toork. In older Rajput inscriptions it was "Turushka".
Turushka, one can find a lot of words ending with -shka in Russian names...co-incidence ?
Or, just being distant/lost cousins of a common Proto-Aryan language family tree ?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles