DFIans Travel Diaries

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
Banyan looks like mangrove (both have aerial roots) but I don't think they are related.

cloud_9

Country flag
Went Bushwalking in the Waitakere Ranges, Auckland during the Easter Holidays.

Fairy Falls

Auckland City (Tiny structures in the middle)

Waiatarua Reserve

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Just got back from a trip to 'Cinque Terre' in Italy. its basically 'five lands' connected by hiking trails in the mountains adjoining the Ligurean sea. Its a part of Italian Riviera. Most pictures from here will directly go as wall papers on your computer. Most beautiful scenes, landscapes and mountains.

Church at Portevenere village in Italy. A lot of people get married because of its location adjacent to the sea atop a hillock.

Another view of Church at Portevenere village in Italy.

A view from hiking trail. On the left is the village called 'monterosso'

The hiking trail. It was very steep.

Another hiking trail (more like a goat trail) with the best scenes. It was littered with grape vines, olive tress and many other trees unknown to me.

View from the trail

View from the hiking trail of a village called 'vernazza' which we were proceeding towards.

Most picturesque village you will come across. Village names is 'vernazza'

pmaitra

My nephew recently drove from Vermont to Texas during the biggest storm of the year. Here's the video.

802 > 512 on Vimeo
Such long drives are fun, especially when you have company. I enjoyed my trans-continental drive very much, and I guess the thrill was greater because I was all alone. Thanks for sharing.

P.S.: That crash was scary.