DFI Vision 2011 - Tell us about your ideas !

A.V.

Dear members of DFI,
since our launch on feb 14 2009 we have always tried to give the latest features , add-ons, and more say to the members. This has made DFI an unique experience in itself.
We have done this with the help and support of our dear members which we appreciate a lot.In the future we are looking at DFI to work out as a brand and make space among the big boys.

Come 2011 we have decided to take another great step ahead with a host of new initiatives that will prop us to the next level, where no forum has ever ventured till now.- titled DFI vision 2011.

I have made a list myself which needs to be improved and we are working on this plus we will have new ideas and a new start.Here are the ones that will be improved soon.

1.SPEED & SECURITY :- need more speed while browsing ( work is on on this front )

2.INFORMATION :- All the news and updates and maintenance with a detailed DFI traffic , revenue and expenditure report , ( already in process with the DFI INFO BLOG link at the footer )

3. Updated DEFENCE WIKI :- Our wiki project will be updated with multi military platforms tie ups , which will give it a more wider appeal.

4. A DFI Mobile Skin :- A Cell friendly lighter DFI.

Now the New Initiatives :- 2011

1. GLOBAL Audience appeal :- A Global Project with a wider say :- Details later

2. INDIAN Achievements :- An India Achievements Project :- emphasis on the wide strides india is making , in defence in sports in human resource.its a totally new idea under the DFI banner independent yet our own, Indian moom mission or the LCA all will find a place.

3. A DFI Initiative project :- This is a per project which will make DFI strive to create awarness among the youth and the old alike about a burning issue , - Be it save the Indian tiger , be it a bio friendly Holi - every month DFI will take up an issue and strive to create a public view to change the outlook of the youth .
this will be done with a DFI revamped banner with the appropriate logo for the month and we stress and debate on that issue for the whole month.

4. A Cloud Computing experience :- A common ID for all our websites this will make a great experience for those looking to enter the DFI experience.we strive to achieve the last word in this field.

New on DFI :-

1. :- Exclusive defence and military pictures :-

DFI will be buying collections of exclusive pictures , we invite all military and defence photographers, those who want to sell some of their pictures exclusively to us , we are ready for it just contact us on the email :- ( please also send the ownership information in the mail ) [email protected]

2. Write for DFI websites :- We are also in talk with young and budding defence analysts and writers to write for us , military scenerios , articles and much more , this is reserved for defence writers only and as usual its not free , we will give you details on it later but exclusive works are in the pipeline

3. Cross forum Debates :- content management betwen our own and partner websites with cross platform debates and much more.

4. Defence Meets:- organizing meeting in various cities , ( at a nascent stage of development now )

This are some of the features which we would like to introduce in the coming one year , i have opened this thread to get the member views , how you might help us , offer your suggestions and help guide us.

All your opinions are highly valued.

prahladh

Respected Member
Looking forward for SPEED & "4. A DFI Mobile Skin :- A Cell friendly lighter DFI." Thanks.

Oracle

How about cool DFI t-shirts? Both round neck and with collar, half sleeved and full sleeved, jackets too. Interested members can buy these products and some revenue can be generated too!

Rage

DFI TEAM
Great initiative, guys. Good goin'!

How about we start a poverty alleviation project? Something small scale at first . DFI members in India, and those willing to travel from abroad, can get together to help out citizens in a disenfranchised area? And those guys from abroad can pitch in with help and funding.

Also maybe it's time to pitch in with defense magazines like Outlook, 8ak, forceindia, the India Military Review and others and get the word around that we're here. There's also this great institute I never knew about: IDSA.

The T-shirts idea is a good idea. But maybe it can come later when we have a little more of a fan base. Searching for a member, tho, with a clothing business to manufacture those at cost, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Perhaps as a DFI Initiative, taking the DFI to the Northeast may not be such a bad idea. We have several Northeast members here, and I know several more from IFG that would love to be part of the endeavour.

One burning issue, that I must feel we must address quickly is the site layout and look. I know, I was promised several months ago that a new scheme and look for the forum was in the works. But there has been nothing on the issue yet. I think we'd get a lot more traffic, if we were to do something as simple as making the forum layout and front page banner more attractive.

Those of you in student groups at universities in the West with an India-focus, can also raise awareness about the website.

I've been trying, without success, to get the Depy. Attorney General of New York, who is Indian origin, to join the website. I think DFI has a role to play in raising awareness among these guys about issues that face India, in organizations such as the USINPAC and other lobby groups.

If we could get somebody in the news media to do a cover on our website on something like their technology & talk shows, imagine the interest that would generate.

SHASH2K2

I think we should link our forum with social sites like Facebook and Twitter . If we can publish our views and if its available in FB or twitter that will increase awareness among people about our existence. Till now only way people know about is either through search in Google or by personal interaction. We need to advertise but before that we need to improve our site looks and speed. As AV sir told that we will be upgrading to anew high speed server very soon so we need to concentrate on looks .

chex3009

Country flag
Welcome the cell-friendly site work going on.
DFI should look to integrate with Facebook and Twitter, this would be most helpful and attract larger sections.
Looking forward for all these positive upcomings to the DFI.

Country flag
How about doing something with smart phones for all the iphones and blackberry users??

A.V.

Welcome the cell-friendly site work going on.
DFI should look to integrate with Facebook and Twitter, this would be most helpful and attract larger sections.
Looking forward for all these positive upcomings to the DFI.
we already have a facebook group with lots of members also our twitter page is active and working our you tube channel contains exclusive videos more will be updated soon the links to these are on the sidebar

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles