DFI Staff Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnee

Just saw that Jatkshatriya was banned for a day for asking a question to a certain Admin. What that member was asking was why another member was being warned for making a point. The admin had warned a member for making a certain point. Admin branded the point as being made ad nauseum and warned him. A gentle protest, infact a query was taken by the admin as a challenge to his powers and promptly a ban was issued agaist Jatkshatriya.

This, IMHO, is not a one off incident. The said admin participates in the debates and uses his admin privileges liberally to get his point across. One has to accept his point or get the warning. If you persist then you are banned. I have had quite close shaves with the admin. He frequently takes sarcastic digs at me to a degree of portraying me as an religiously intolerant. Of course, any sarcastic reply to such frequent batering will not be taken in the humourous spirit and results in warnings and bans. The Admin has objections even with the personal interactions with the members and comes across as hyper sensitive when he is the subject and extremely insensitive when somebody else is the subject.

I hope the forum takes some measure to curb such behaviour from the Admins or Mods. One has to remember that authority figures cannot treat the average members as dirt.

Hopefully, I wont be banned for making this thread. :angry_7:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Changed Thread Title. No staff is abusing any powers as much of the decisions regarding moderation are taken by staff consensus. You can contest individual staff decision with proof but cannot directly blame Staff of abusing powers. Anyways, the respective staff to whom this question has been directed will answer you.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think the relevant person will make his point if he chooses to though he is not obliged to. This thread is closed for others.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
And one more thing, check announcement section where it is said that DFI staff makes a concerted effort to NOT moderate anywhere he is involved in any debate.

A.V.

Let me answer even though staff has already answered it before

1> this clearly we are not here to ban people thats not our job
2> we are the only board we try and provide a more transparent approach to every decision and try to involve as many of the people to get involved in decisions even outside the staff
3> no staff moderates a thread in which he is in debate
4> unless staff are stict enough we will be reduced to poorly moderated boards like many others around

now some other things

1. we do provide a reason for the ban for all members to see
2. we dont ban if no forum rule is violated
3. before asking why a certain member is banned the entire history must be looked into

the said member has been warned yesterday to stop calling names to fellow member< not a staff >
the said member was asked to report any posts even if it was made by staff for review which the said member never used the report button even after explaining to him how to report posts
the said member violated a very basic Rule that is tolerance for fellow members and opinions.
the said member after getting banned tried to make another duplicate account which is not acceptable
the said member has been asked to bring his case for review after completing hi ban term the term his a minor 24 hours that too.
the said member was asked to contact staff via pm if he had objections to staff decisions rather then on posts or sbox
the said member engaged in PM exchange with fellow member inciting intolerance

tell me johnee if you are moderator today whats the decision a ban of 24 hours is this enough ? is this too much to ask to be tolerant to fellow members opinions and religious belief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles