DFI on IRC

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
I don't think many of you have heard about IRC, Internet Relay Chat.
Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is a protocol for real-time Internet text messaging (chat) or synchronous conferencing. It is mainly designed for group communication in discussion forums, called channels, but also allows one-to-one communication via private message as well as chat and data transfer, including file sharing.
Internet Relay Chat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was wondering if DFI members would be interested in chatting, then we could meet up under the handle #dfi in Freenode. It would be a good opportunity to know the fellow members a bit better and talk about things quicker than posting a reply.
The best possible scenario would be if DFI could host an IRC server itself.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
You can know them better by using Shoutbox on DFI itself.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
You can know them better by using Shoutbox on DFI itself.
Shoutbox is good. But it is restrictively small. There aren't as many nifty features as in IRC. Shoutbox is good for rants, but for constructive discussions, we have to fall back on posts. It takes time to post and between refreshes, some thoughts/ideas may get lost. I'm not complaining about anything, merely pointing out a service which we can put to use to be more efficient and cohesive.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I was wondering if DFI members would be interested in chatting, then we could meet up under the handle #dfi in Freenode. It would be a good opportunity to know the fellow members a bit better and talk about things quicker than posting a reply.
At the moment I am not sure how many DFI members I want to know better. :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Asianobserve, trackwhack and The Messiah :D
My appointment with trackwhack was rained out; The Messiah was at one time in Florida (?) not that far away. I don't know where asianobserve is. Any DFI member I would meet, so far have met only pmaitra. Funny, some of the ones I snarl most at are on my friends list.:)

Iamanidiot

Who would like to meet with a mentally retarded idiot

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles