DFI gets rid of BAN!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
DFI in its endeavor to strive towards even greater hights and member friendly initiatives introduces a very first in the forum world. DFI announces that it is getting rid of BANs. Yes you are reading it right. No more BANs on DFI. No it does not mean that DFI is going to become a trolls delight, we at DFI have decided to place all those who deserve a "BAN" into a pre mod category where they will be able to access the forum and also post but just that all their posts will be pre moded. That means none of their posts will be visible in threads as soon as they post but only after a moderator goes through it and approves it.. only then will the post be visible to all members for reaction or comment. So it only increases the work load of the mods while we attempt to give another chance for the member to reform and be more responsible in posting and keeping this forum the best around.

So there is wishing all members a great time posting in this coming new year.

SpArK

SORCERER
Sounds interesting and realistic. But moderators has to be on toe ,like in case when a member is replying to particular post, it may look odd if it appears after a period of time..but its ok for the time being, since the traffic is not that high.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Its good to see this concept on DFI. Nice initiative.
Mods, buckle up....!

Regards,
Nrj

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Sounds interesting and realistic. But moderators has to be on toe ,like in case when a member is replying to particular post, it may look odd if it appears after a period of time..but its ok for the time being, since the traffic is not that high.
Traffic is pretty decent i think but the point is that even if there is any delay in approving a post due to lack of mod presence, its better to have that than not have that post at all in case of a total ban. Only reason behind this is sometimes a member gets emotional or choses to do things when not in the right state of mind. Till now he faced a ban. This move will give him time to post while he also reflects on his actions.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
well good....................... i am always against ban, it has to be used only in extreme case.

SpArK

SORCERER
Traffic is pretty decent i think but the point is that even if there is any delay in approving a post due to lack of mod presence, its better to have that than not have that post at all in case of a total ban. Only reason behind this is sometimes a member gets emotional or choses to do things when not in the right state of mind. Till now he faced a ban. This move will give him time to post while he also reflects on his actions.
Agree with you. But whats your plan on the moderation period for banned person ? is it a lifelong thing or do you have timespan like in the normal cases?

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
its a great initiative there by the team. goes on to show how seriously we take our members and that we live with a hope that our members those who have for some reason not conformed to the rules get ample opportunities to reform themselves and no matter what we will stand united by them. just as amir khan went on to say in 3 idiots, "main apne kamzor students ka haath nahi chor tha", similarly hum bhi nahi choren ge!

cheers!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Agree with you. But whats your plan on the moderation period for banned person ? is it a lifelong thing or do you have timespan like in the normal cases?
Time span..mods will see the posting pattern before lifting the ban..As always, DFI staff always works in consultation so that no hasty or unilateral decision is taken.

SpArK

SORCERER
Time span..mods will see the posting pattern before lifting the ban..As always, DFI staff always works in consultation so that no hasty or unilateral decision is taken.
Thats sounds good for me.

Now lets bring some damn traffic to this forum. ''''''''''''''''

A.V.

this is a great thing something which signifies our stand of ever evolving and taking new strides.

also like to mention for premodded members the pm facility will be there so they can talk with the mods and settle the issue there and come back active.

now some stats :- daily visits to DFI up by 120 % since last month ,
total visits yesterday :- 43,000
unique visits in one day over 15000

total members over 7000
active over 30 days over 4000
posts over 200,000

i am proud of the entire dfi community its a long way since we started with those 20 odd members 22 months ago

soon we will have our 2 nd aniversary and its great going .

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Then I assume we will find more people getting quasi-banned and get moderated?? LOL:happy_2::happy_2:

As posts will not appear real time, it may not be that much fun, just a thought!

vinay535

Instead of Mods trying to moderate such people how about having something as card system as we have in football .
a green card to let him know his posts are being monitored and a yellow card for warning .
and finally the red card - he gets banned .
i suggest those colour cards to reflect in front of their name for certain period of time and let that person have time to change their posts instead of getting approved by mods

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
what good will it do by not banning members who deserve it? i think mod and admins will be more productive doing other valuable things in the forum instead of censoring the comments posted by unwanted members.

SHASH2K2

Then I assume we will find more people getting quasi-banned and get moderated?? LOL:happy_2::happy_2:

As posts will not appear real time, it may not be that much fun, just a thought!
Something is better than nothjng. Anyways delayed post is better than no post at all.
Mods what about previously banned users?

A.V.

there is alreadya crad system and we do use it its called infarctions a yellow and red card

its not such a long and hard thing just a button thing to manage rowdy members and it will be used to minimum as always

A.V.

there will be no delayed posts .
why delayed posts ?
its replacing the ban members only it wont affect any normal member posts

also all previously banned members have been moved to the new category of premods they are titled LIMITED as their rank

venkat

I don't know why this kind gesture! i think one "ajtr" got elevated to field marshal rank and suddenly started posting unacceptable stuff on Kashmir!!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't know why this kind gesture! i think one "ajtr" got elevated to field marshal rank and suddenly started posting unacceptable stuff on Kashmir!!!
This has nothing to do with her. Anyways all such members posts will be under scrutiny before going through..so such posts will never come up in any threads.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles