DFI downtime is a result of a continuous DDOS.

H.A.

We will need to wipe out 160 million people..
i did not understand your above statement. 160 million accessed DFI?.

Can't we control the number of guest accessing the website? say to a few thousand, which is manageable.

Last edited:

niharjhatn

phaaji,how does this DDOS attack happens.how we are preventing it.pls shed some light technically
The most secure systems in the world are still very vulnerable to dedicated attack. Even facebook and govt sites can be hacked.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I think I faced the same problem yesterday or probably it was my ISP having issues?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@maomao

Most likely a problem with the site.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
True friends are those who don't ditch in troubled time. DFI is under continuous attack with our server capability being degraded which has left some of our features dysfunctional. What are you doing to keep the forum that you have made all these years and got it where it is today?

Least expected is to stick around and post rather than crib about certain features not being active right now because of DDOS.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It was DFI that ditched me once before, i have not ditched DFI matter of fact i wanted to donate but i was sure money matters are always troublesome and something was bound to happen. Thats what i told Plugwater to when he forced me to donate to DFI, glad i did not last time.

SpArK

SORCERER
Again DoorDarshan Operating System.. this is bad.. tried to log in many times today ..

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Again we were under attack. We are trying our best to bring the site online as fast as we can.

The paki forum and that paki sponsored fake Indian forum are behind the attack. This we know for sure.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
We just got pwned by Paki DDOS. I keep saying we need a portal so only registered members can take up bandwidth. I know it is not popular as unregistered traffic will come to a standstill, but it does protect the servers and leaves us a DDOS proof forum.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
We just got pwned by Paki DDOS. I keep saying we need a portal so only registered members can take up bandwidth. I know it is not popular as unregistered traffic will come to a standstill, but it does protect the servers and leaves us a DDOS proof forum.
A members only portal won't help. Basically, as long as we're on the internet (with a live IP address), we're vulnerable to DDoS

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles