DFI - AV/Hi-Fi & Allied Gear Discussion Thread

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Got this indian made amplifier for 3200 from rajpat rai market new Delhi with 1 years warranty . So farr can ga more loud and clear than old original amplifier and surround effects are non existing. But my purpose was not for watching movies bass and music quality is good.
Bluetooth aux and 5.1 connection is there.
But this shit looks pathetic.
For watching movies i use headphones.
@
A chauhan

@Haldiram

Attachments

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Got this indian made amplifier for 3200 from rajpat rai market new Delhi with 1 years warranty . So farr can ga more loud and clear than old original amplifier and surround effects are non existing. But my purpose was not for watching movies bass and music quality is good.
@
A chauhan

@Haldiram
If it's loud and clear than it's fine, good purchase. I also had purchased similar but stereo amplifier in Raipur at around 2k. For music, stereo is sufficient, since most Indian music albums are recorded in stereo. Use it as long as you like and wait for future upgrades. :playball:

Haldiram

Country flag
@
A chauhan

@Haldiram
What's the name/model number of this amplifier?

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
What's the name/model number of this amplifier?
Name there is no name.
Actually lajapt rai market is one of the biggest DJ market in india. You can get a fuckin 15 inch sub there. It's from 313 number shop he is a manufacturer of this type of amplifiers. In rajapt rai market you can get made in india home theatre DJ system big speakers and all that stufff. That's why i went there. It's huge a market.
Most of the amplifier which we use in cars commonly known as V-12 V-8 are also indian manufactured.

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag
Wokay, so this has arrived after 1 month of ordering :

Looks kinda big in ^ online photos ^, but is kinda smallish. Looks like a grape.

Sound quality : Treble is accurate, vocals are deep, bass is a bit rolled off. Tested it on an old phone with older version of bluetooth 2.0. Apparently the bass improves after 100 hours of burn in. They have an Android app for the burn-in + equalizer tuning.

9/10 for high frequency cymbals
9.5/10 for vocals
7/10 for bass.
Impedance : 16Ω

8/10 overall. (Compared to wired earphones Meze 12 Classic)

Comfort : Fits perfectly, doesn't feel heavy in the ears. No fatigue after using for 4+ hours.

Last edited:

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
Is anyone waiting for Sony to release the WH1000XM4? I was waiting for them to be released this October since their noise cancelling headphones have received a refresher every year, but this time sony skipped it.

A chauhan

Country flag
@A chauhan

Professional studio headphones with an impedance of 64Ω. Brainwavz HM5.

Suitable for gaming and stuff. Massive in size.

12k ka maal Diwali discount me Amazon pe 5k me mil raha hai. Leneka kya?
Wow, but no plans as of now, priority is to change house before new year. Thanks it's a great deal, will consider it.:daru:

Haldiram

Country flag
Wow, but no plans as of now, priority is to change house before new year. Thanks it's a great deal, will consider it.:daru:
Subeh order kiya hai. Kal/parso aayega. Trade war ke chakkar me sara China ka maal saste me bik raha hai. This was priced 14k last year. They are offloading their inventory. I bought it just because of the steep discount.

A chauhan

Country flag
Subeh order kiya hai. Kal/parso aayega. Trade war ke chakkar me sara China ka maal saste me bik raha hai. This was priced 14k last year. I bought it just because of the steep discount.
Congrats, give us a review once it arrives.:clap2: btw jab mera plan hota hai to koi discount nahi hota hai:sad:

Haldiram

Country flag
Congrats, give us a review once it arrives.:clap2: btw jab mera plan hota hai to koi discount nahi hota hai:sad:
That's the characteristic of discounts. Jabh product demand me hota hai toh brand charbi me hota hai aur bina matlab price badhata rehta hai. Jabh slowdown aata hai tabh Maruti bhi 10L ki car 8L me bech raha hai aaj.

Need to time one's purchases accordingly. Mujhe markit se aadat lagi hai, koi cheez sasti mili toh maal pehle andar kar lo fir socho uska kya karna hai.

I got the 1MORE earbuds for ~5k (MRP for 3 years was 9k), Fiio M6 for 10k (MRP was 15k+ last year). Jabh plan hota hai tabh discount nahi hota, jabh discount hota hai tabh plan banana chahiea. :troll:

FGFAPilot1

Country flag
That's the characteristic of discounts. Jabh product demand me hota hai toh brand charbi me hota hai aur bina matlab price badhata rehta hai. Jabh slowdown aata hai tabh Maruti bhi 10L ki car 8L me bech raha hai aaj.

Need to time one's purchases accordingly. Mujhe markit se aadat lagi hai, koi cheez sasti mili toh maal pehle andar kar lo fir socho uska kya karna hai.

I got the 1MORE earbuds for ~5k (MRP for 3 years was 9k), Fiio M6 for 10k (MRP was 15k+ last year). Jabh plan hota hai tabh discount nahi hota, jabh discount hota hai tabh plan banana chahiea. :troll:
Ye Fiio music player ka output normal mp3 player se actually mein better hota hein kya??

Haldiram

Country flag
Ye Fiio music player ka output normal mp3 player se actually mein better hota hein kya??
Yes. Normal MP3 player hardware is only capable to play .MP3 format songs at 128 kbps, which is a compressed format. A dedicated DAC can play .FLAC files (lossless audio) at a rate of 320 - 960. 320 is the rate at which iTunes plays, so that's semi-compressed. 960 is 100% uncompressed audio. That's why the same song sounds better on iTunes and much better on FLAC capable players.

A typical 5 minute song recorded at the studio is around 100mb in size. It is then compressed and encoded into .MP3 at 128 which is typically 5mb in size. So most of the details are lost in the compression to make the file size smaller. The purpose of dedicated DACs like Fiio is that the hardware is capable of decoding higher bitrate, uncompressed song formats which the singer encoded at the studio with zero compression. The difference in quality is day and night. I'm hearing my old playlist on the Fiio and I'm hearing instruments that I didn't even know existed in those songs.

Compressed MP3 audio sounds very narrow. The difference in tonal quality is comparable to listening to your friend speak to you face to face versus the same person talking to you on the phone. The phone call sounds more "radio-y" and less airy in character even though it's the same person. That difference is called 'timbre'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timbre

Last edited:

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Added this( i guess) 10 inch kicker ES subwoofer in my existing system. This sub is at least 5-7 year old (used in car previously) and was laying useless for almost 2 years in my home but this shit is hitting super hard.

This cylinder box looks weird and bass is more boomy not punchy.

Which type of box i should use for more punchy bass? :confused1::confused1:

And my existing indian amp which i got for 3200rs is still working superb even after adding this sub. Vocal is crystal clear. Bass is superb. I'm using one front woofer in low pass mode and added this one in low pass too. Rest 3 are for vocal.

But i will update this amp with a bigger one later .

I guess my neighbors are loving me. :megusta:

@Haldiram @A chauhan

Attachments

A chauhan

Country flag
Added this( i guess) 10 inch kicker ES subwoofer in my existing system. This sub is at least 5-7 year old (used in car previously) and was laying useless for almost 2 years in my home but this shit is hitting super hard.

This cylinder box looks weird and bass is more boomy not punchy.

Which type of box i should use for more punchy bass? :confused1::confused1:

And my existing indian amp which i got for 3200rs is still working superb even after adding this sub. Vocal is crystal clear. Bass is superb. I'm using one front woofer in low pass mode and added this one in low pass too. Rest 3 are for vocal.

But i will update this amp with a bigger one later .

I guess my neighbors are loving me. :megusta:

@Haldiram @A chauhan
Before changing the box try filling it with normal waste cloths easily available at home, if that attenuates boomy nature then remove cloths and fill it with rekron fiber and do some practicals with stuffing.

If it doesn't work then you need to measure t/s parameters of the woofer. Which is quite easy to measure with a quality resistor, Limp software and pc. Once you measure t/s params then you can use any free software for box designing. I have MJK spreadsheets for the same, can give you if you want.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Before changing the box try filling it with normal waste cloths easily available at home, if that attenuates boomy nature then remove cloths and fill it with rekron fiber and do some practicals with stuffing.

If it doesn't work then you need to measure t/s parameters of the woofer. Which is quite easy to measure with a quality resistor, Limp software and pc. Once you measure t/s params then you can use any free software for box designing. I have MJK spreadsheets for the same, can give you if you want.
I'll try to add waste clothes and rekron fiber will update you.
Software part sounds difficult :scared1:

Haldiram

Country flag
Dis thing just arrived. Brainwavz HM5. Came from Bangalore via FedEx.

Sound quality : It's a reference monitor headphone, i.e it plays back song the way the artist recorded it in the studio, no extra bass no extra treble, no nothing. Imaging and instrument separation feels very good, airy and lively. Bass is "just there" i.e it thuds only if it exists in the original recording. The headphone doesn't add its own rumble to the song like the other consumer-grade headphones do, which otherwise makes their signature sound muddled and muffles up the high pitched details. This one sounds very detailed and analytical - minus the bass. @Assassin 2.0 ain't gon like this cuz less boom-boom sound and more ting-ting sound. :megusta:

Build quality : is worse than shit. The plastic used for the clamp looks like the one used in the cheap made-in-China toys. It's flimsy and hollow from the inside. Could have definitely used better plastic. I'm fairly certain I'll have to buy a replacement headphone clamp.

Value : The same headphone has more than half a dozen whitelabelled spinoffs made by other brands i.e the speaker is open source licensed hardware with Japanese Hi-Res certification which any brand can buy and put it in their own modular headphone housing and sell it at their own sweet rate. This one happens to be the best value for money (the first spinoff was Yoga CD880 and the American spinoff is called NVX XPT 100). This one comes with 2 extra foam pads, and 2 extra detachable wires, and 1 hardcase. All in all, these accessories themselves cost 5k on Amazon if bought separately. So the whole package is a good deal.

The sound quality is comparable to the more expensive D770 and M50X and both of these are 13k and come with neither extra earpads nor hard case nor extra wire. So there's definitely value there.

The earpads are exceptionally high quality memory-foam pads. The brand has made a niche for itself selling only earpads for ~1.5k a pair. This happens to be their area of expertise. The speaker itself is borrowed hardware.

*Both pics snatched from Google.

As you can see, the plastic on the holder/clamp/prongs on the headband looks very flimsy. Need to find a replacement for that. The cans and earpads themselves are good quality.

What I like about this which is missing in the other brands like Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, and Shure is that this one has detachable 3.5mm cable. So any damage to the cable can be solved by replacing the cable. No need to throw the whole thing away just because the cord got snagged and ripped somewhere.

Would I recommend : At 5.3k, yes. The earpads are worth 2k, the sound is worth 15k and the clamp is worth 2 rupees. Overall good value. Get one and replace the shit quality headband.

Last edited:

Haldiram

Country flag

Linus reviewed $34k headphone system

Resident audiophiles @Haldiram @A chauhan

Who dis for and how dis differ from regular studio monitors(like ATH-M50x)?

I thought sennheiser hd850 is the ultimate stuff when it comes high end headphones,:hmm:
These are very high impedance open back headphones, basically they are less of headphones and more of speakers mounted on the ears. They need high amplification to run them and they are open from both sides so the whole noise also leaks out.

The intention of keeping the headphone can open is to create an illusion of an open space so it feels more spacious and less congested.

There is Beyerdynamic 990 - 600Ω which falls in that category at a manageable price. M50 has a loose (boomy) bass which overpowers other instruments and feels muddled. Beyerdynamic has more tight, controlled bass.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles