DF 21D vs Brahmos 2 Hypersonic ASCM - A Layman's Analysis

which antiship missile is going to be a real threat in future wars ?

• DF 21d Asbm for sure

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Brahmos 2 Hypersonic Ascm obviously

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Piss off , US would counter every weapon

Votes: 14 28.0%

• Total voters

badguy2000

Respected Member
it is just another VS game,after LCA VS J10 and Liaoning VS Adm Gorshkov.....

I think that final will not be different from that of LCA VS J10 and Liaoning VS Adm Gorshkov

screamor

u arrogent indian have the nerve to laugh at chinese? u just forget childish comparing parameters of weapons with china that is nonsense. becoz there is no actual revolutionary weapon( uha starships they are) exists in this world right now. the points of the war with china if u want must be price advantage and quantitative advantage. or maybe we duplicate but then we master the core techniques of weapons. producing and upgrade them or u said it was copied but all by ourselves. moreover we china invent new fashion of modern war. i just cant imagine a courtry needs to import how to win a war with a huge country china own complete industrial system. that means u indian fight is base on ur fat, but our industial machine even fall short of max efficiency that we master the keys
or brahmos or DF21D, they are just missles that leads to them be used is disposable. aforesaid two advantages are keys and range is parameter key. so the weapons way out is human using and geography. DF21Ds range 1800km allow us to overawe most of warships of india just need to stand on tibet. unfortunately the war will happen from land not sea. or maybe u indian want to drive ur less boats to coastal water but they just far away from ur aircraft protecting. that will be a disaster. attempting using brahmos to fight with china is talking idiotic nonsense

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
u arrogent indian have the nerve to laugh at chinese? u just forget childish comparing parameters of weapons with china that is nonsense. becoz there is no actual revolutionary weapon( uha starships they are) exists in this world right now. the points of the war with china if u want must be price advantage and quantitative advantage. or maybe we duplicate but then we master the core techniques of weapons. producing and upgrade them or u said it was copied but all by ourselves. moreover we china invent new fashion of modern war. i just cant imagine a courtry needs to import how to win a war with a huge country china own complete industrial system. that means u indian fight is base on ur fat, but our industial machine even fall short of max efficiency that we master the keys
or brahmos or DF21D, they are just missles that leads to them be used is disposable. aforesaid two advantages are keys and range is parameter key. so the weapons way out is human using and geography. DF21Ds range 1800km allow us to overawe most of warships of india just need to stand on tibet. unfortunately the war will happen from land not sea. or maybe u indian want to drive ur less boats to coastal water but they just far away from ur aircraft protecting. that will be a disaster. attempting using brahmos to fight with china is talking idiotic nonsense
You are sick. You are only good for trolling.........:lol:

morgoth

Hello! New to this forum here :) Interesting thread. Quite dormant for a bit though.

I did not comb through all the pages, but is there some open source info on how the DF-21 warhead is guided towards the target? Active guidance? if yes how was the plasma problem solved? Or is it passive (I do not believe so)

Any pointers would be appreciated!

jon88

Country flag
YES u r right but their target & role are same in case of DF-21 BM & Brahmos-2 CM s understood & both are highly potent weapon system
But both use same concept of hitting the target ie hypersonic speed
A canon shell can go hypersonic too.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
DF-21 is ASBM and BRAHMOS is ASCM.
That's why a layman should not compare things.
By your logic a handgun is comparable to an assault rifle since both have same role I.e killing people.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
DF-21 is ASBM and BRAHMOS is ASCM.
That's why a layman should not compare things.
By your logic a handgun is comparable to an assault rifle since both have same role I.e killing people.
There's no problem with laymen comparing things.
Contrary to what many assume, most of us are indeed laymen when it comes of defense and geo strategics.
Instead of a blanket 'Laymen don't compare' ban; may be we can say "Look you went wrong here & here, do better next time"?
Constructive criticism would help us improve understanding and share the same.
Seems there are plenty here who know better right?

Regards,
Virendra

Alvaritus

There's no problem with laymen comparing things.
Contrary to what many assume, most of us are indeed laymen when it comes of defense and geo strategics.
Instead of a blanket 'Laymen don't compare' ban; may be we can say "Look you went wrong here & here, do better next time"?
Constructive criticism would help us improve understanding and share the same.
Seems there are plenty here who know better right?

Regards,
Virendra
Hi, im new int he forum (im not allowed to create threads in the Greetings section defenceforumindia.com/forum/introductions-greetings/ , nor sends PMs :frusty: )

But let me give my 2 cents:
Obviosly everyone should be allowed to make asssesments (this its a forum after all)...
My constructive critism would be "Compare apples to apples, and oranges to oranges"
I would the compare BRAHMOS Supersonic aSCM with a chinnese equivalent, with Google search i found CX-1 aSCM (Export version)[1]

CX-1 Supersonic aSCM (Export version)BRAHMOS Supersonic aSCMBRAHMOS 2 Hypersonic aSCM (*)
Range (**) 290 Km 290 Km 290 Km
Top Speed (***)Match 2.8-3Match 2.6-3Match 7??
Flyng ceiling14. 000 m 17. 000 m ????
Warhead Payload 200-300kg Conventional/Nuclear300kg ConventionalSmaller Missile -> Smaller Payload?

*Not operational (First units/prototypes expecte at 2017)
** The range of all is limited to under 300Km as of Missile Technology Control Regime
*** Top speed its dependad of multiple variables (missile variant, payload, launch platforn, altitude, etc)/ Diferent sources have diff numbers. Used the most quoted figures.

Read more at:
[1] Updated: Zhuhai Surprise: China's Third "Russian" Supersonic ASCM:
aviationweek.com/blog/updated-zhuhai-surprise-china-s-third-russian-supersonic-ascm
[2] Chinese CX-1 missile is not Brahmos copy: Sivathanu Pillai
indiatoday.intoday.in/story/chinese-chaoxun-1-cx-1-missile-brahmos-npom-india-russia-military-tech-sivathanu-pillai/1/403551
[3]CX-1 cruise missile better than BrahMos, not a copy: report
wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20141120000089&cid=1101
[4]Brahmos Missile.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos
[5] Brahmos II
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BrahMos-II

Please be civilizaced and respectfull. Im just a millitary aficionado as all of you, so i could be wrong....

Regards,
Alvaro

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles