Developing DFI expertise

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Just a suggestion.

DFI seems to have many active participants and we can use this opportunity to channelize their energy and ask individual members to develop expertise. The way I think we can work:

1) Designate specific groups
2) Members can choose fields they want to develop expertise into depending on their interest
3) These members would post regularly on the area they are watching
4) Come up with an article on main page every 3 months. Depending on the number of members in each group, they can decide to at least put one or more articles to summarize the latest finding.
5) We can also conduct a poll every month to decide the most pressing topic and volunteers can write their analysis on it

I know this can be too much work but not if we cooperate. It can really help DFI develop into much leaner and productive platform.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Why don't we have people write down their interests / expertise.

power_monger

Country flag
I have genuine intrest in indian ballistic missile defense program. I am thinking on writing a complete article on it. But need lots of info and need to do lots of research.Most of the articles written by indian journalist are pretty much bullshit with a exception of one or two. Most of them understand US BMD capabilities and write article on indian BMD without even understanding the indian requirements and its neighbours capabilities.i have not set any time frame for it,but will do it in next few months.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Excellent idea. We can also have a mentor group where knowledgeable members can help out members like @power_monger who are interested in writing articles.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Just a suggestion.

DFI seems to have many active participants and we can use this opportunity to channelize their energy and ask individual members to develop expertise. The way I think we can work:

1) Designate specific groups
2) Members can choose fields they want to develop expertise into depending on their interest
3) These members would post regularly on the area they are watching
4) Come up with an article on main page every 3 months. Depending on the number of members in each group, they can decide to at least put one or more articles to summarize the latest finding.
5) We can also conduct a poll every month to decide the most pressing topic and volunteers can write their analysis on it

I know this can be too much work but not if we cooperate. It can really help DFI develop into much leaner and productive platform.
If you have followed my posts over 2,3,4 years back I've been asking members to do this. The main page was launched precisely for this reason so that members cab wrote articles. What can also be done is members can take away from the posts made on DFI in matters of defence, security,geo-economy etc and come up with a summary of what they understand. We can put this up on the front page too.

It's good that you brought this up again. Time to make a new beginning.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
If you have followed my posts over 2,3,4 years back I've been asking members to do this. The main page was launched precisely for this reason so that members cab wrote articles. What can also be done is members can take away from the posts made on DFI in matters of defence, security,geo-economy etc and come up with a summary of what they understand. We can put this up on the front page too.

Yes, I remember the discussion when you tried to encourage people to write articles. Although it got lost with time.

I think we really need to assign some old members as moderators/editors responsible for specific groups and then ask people to sign up for one or the other group. This would let us keep track of developments in each group.

Srinivas_K

Country flag
1) Members/Sports section should be allowed to post pics

2) Need more threads for current topics, clubbing them into one topic will make users think there are not enough users to discuss.

3) Encourage foreign nationals to participate in debates, this will help to get the best in Indians and more debates will occur. Two Indians debating a topic is boring an Indian and a Pakistani/Chinese discussing the same topic is interesting.

4) Be hospitable to foreign nationals. They will bring many interesting topics to discuss to DFI.

5) Put some good wall papers in the back ground, some times looks also attract viewer ship.

6) Start giving some titles to members so they will be encouraged.

7) Members section is an interesting section where ladies can spend hours and will do more postings. Attract more ladies and the forum will get more postings and topics.

I will try to write an article , it has been a long time since I have written one here !

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I would suggest four broad topics. Please add if you think I missed somthing

1) Military technology (given its a defense forum)
2) Military strategy and doctrines
3) Geopolitics
4) Economics

I can contribute to 3 and 4. May be members can post here their preferred area.

@Mad Indian @Bangalorean @pmaitra @Ray
The above 4 topics alone will go on front page. Nothing else. No politics or religion or anything else.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
@roma- since your suggestions on other thread overlap with this thread. May be we can think about the future course of action here.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Excellent idea. We can also have a mentor group where knowledgeable members can help out members like @power_monger who are interested in writing articles.
If you have followed my posts over 2,3,4 years back I've been asking members to do this. ...... in matters of defence, security,geo-economy etc ..........

a new beginning indeed .
i immediately have two ideas -

for obvious reasons i do not want to discuss them here on the open forum
is there a closed email system via which i can discuss the formation of the two ideas with six or so chosen persons ? i know that in the old system we had groups im not familiar enough with the new format ( pardon for that )

when the articles are done dfi admin ( perhaps with input from other authorities ) can decide how to edit and remove info to make it generalized to be on the forum pages.

Last edited:

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
i immediately have two ideas -

for obvious reasons i do not want to discuss them here on the open forum
is there a closed email system via which i can discuss the formation of the two ideas with six or so chosen persons ?
I think the PM system takes multiple people now.
Damn I hate this 50 char limit.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I want to ask you guys something which is bothering me from the day one.

Is it safe to discuss or do research military related topics on www ?

I mean, a friend of mine warned me that there might be some kind of action against it to discourage the criminal attributes from it.

I am very interested in military related discussion. But kind of lacks info regarding specific details.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
One can discuss common military tactics and its benefits and cons with respect to Indian Armed forces so does the equipment ..

Analysis of certain terrain and force strength is however should remain limited ..

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
One can discuss common military tactics and its benefits and cons with respect to Indian Armed forces so does the equipment ..

Analysis of certain terrain and force strength is however should remain limited ..
what about the links you guys are posting?

Can you give me some clear rules or precautions regarding the topics.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles