destroying integrated air defences israeli syle

sandeepdg

name any decent integrated air-defence which is disrupted by israeli airforce.i know israel is militarily quite advanced but against syrian and palestinian target it is very easy .also i don't think that syrian air defence is even integrated.
This kind of a system can take on almost any kind of air defense system in Asia, I suppose, not even PLA can counter these.

p2prada

The Samson is quite obsolete compared to Harop. Then there is the IMI Delilah UAV as well. But IMI is currently banned from doing business with us.

The Harpy 2 or Harop is one of the best ARM type UAVs around.

pack leader

Professional
Delilah is a loitering cruse missile it has the same base as Samson
the difference is the inside (no war head a rad sensor instead of electo-optical sensor est est )
Delilah is far more expensive
given sufficient time any known air defense will fail against this tactic

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
delilah is a good loitering missile, but the argument made that it is invisible to radar is non-sense.hence it may be good to take out iraqi scud missile trucks but may not be that effective against s-400 later versions of s-300 and even for that matter hq-9 which are quite immune to anti radiation missle unlike earlier generations sams.also chinese hq-9 itself will be protected from anti-radiation missiles and loitering missile by quick reaction shorads.

Country flag
Delilah can loiter for hours at high altitude and is guided by GPS wouldn't this make it relatively invisible to enemy radar??Also look at the CEP 1 meter at 250km that is impressive. The combination of harpy/harop and delilah should be effective against most the systems you mentioned. Wasn't China funding this??

pack leader

Professional
i never said Delilah is radar invisible ( it's cross section is small but not undetectable )
i said harop is invisible it's 96% plastic covered by ram

Global Defence

New threads

Articles