destroying integrated air defences israeli syle

pack leader

Professional
over the years the iaf (my iaf) has mastered the ability to penetrate and ultimately destroy
integrated ads .
components :
2 heavy fighters ( f-15 in our case )
1 harop sf unit (3 trucks 24 drones 1 command post )
4 shrike anti rad missiles
4 Samson super decoy air born drones
1 ecm pod

Last edited:

pack leader

Professional
operational deployment :
the first fighter lunches 2 Samson drones
the drone has 200 km range so it's lunched from a safe distance .
the drone is built to create the radar signature of a jet fighter.
enemy radars light up like a pinball machine
each drone has a rad sensor ,thru triangulation type and approx distance of enemy radar is found .
strategic radars are annihilated by harop which cannot be spotted by radar
follow up attacks are made by the second plane against tactical ads supplemented by more harop attacks

Last edited:
Country flag
Do the exported versions of Harop (India received ) have the same features seeker,anti-radar homing system etc... as the ones Israel uses??

pack leader

Professional
India has acquired the latest model of herop we don't sell junk to real friends, turkey got the downgraded version .
you have many high quality heavy fighters( su 30 ) and Israeli ecm pod
but your government black listed IMI sow you lack the very important very cheap (250,000$) Samson decoy air born drones

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
i heard that harop version sold to India can be launched from SU 30 MKI.

Last edited:

sandeepdg

@ pack leader:

So the Harops are of no use without the Samson drones or can they function independently ?

pack leader

Professional
i hope this is clear

@ pack leader:

So the Harops are of no use without the Samson drones or can they function independently ?
no harop is still a great system as a stand alone but without Samson it is less affective
it can go look for targets himself but their radars will shut down once the first one is hit
many new ads are mobile relocatable targets (buk , tor ,esc)
without Samson you will be able to attack only preplanned or known sites
so relocatable targets will remain a big issue (i don't think Pakistan has those but china sure does)

sandeepdg

the job of Samson can also be done by a fighter jet with ecm pod/suite
but you will risk the life off the pilot and a 80,000,000$ jet
Ok, then its bad that we didn't get a chance to buy the Samson drones. But they will be somewhat effective against Pakistan at least, thought not against the Chinese.

Country flag
Ok, then its bad that we didn't get a chance to buy the Samson drones. But they will be somewhat effective against Pakistan at least, thought not against the Chinese.
They would be more effective against China then pakistan. How old are the Samson drones??

pack leader

Professional
They would be more effective against China then pakistan. How old are the Samson drones??
the first decoy drones were built in 1979 and used against Syria in the famous 0-100 air victory of 1982
the latest model was revealed in 2005 (with adjustable rcs and rad sensor )

sandeepdg

Quite old, IMI developed them during the 80's. They were so good that USN bought some 2000 of these with deliveries starting from 1987.

Country flag
Quite old, IMI developed them during the 80's. They were so good that USN bought some 2000 of these with deliveries starting from 1987.
This would still be a good way to network enemy RCS info; and not too costly

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
name any decent integrated air-defence which is disrupted by israeli airforce.i know israel is militarily quite advanced but against syrian and palestinian target it is very easy .also i don't think that syrian air defence is even integrated.

Last edited:

sandeepdg

This would still be a good way to network enemy RCS info; and not too costly
Yeah, it would. But at the rate our major defense suppliers are getting blacklisted including IMI, I think there wouldn't be anyone left to supply us with some high tech platforms anymore.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles