Design and Develop in India

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
As there was a slogan for alters in"Make in India" slogan called "Design as Develop" in India make India really an innovation hub.
I posted this thread.
Thread's for discuss indigenous plus "nationally originated" things which aren't influenced by foreign companies.
No India vs China, India vs West or whatever flame war or trolling is welcome.
Today starting from one link, I will run it further. Currently feeling tires, so only one for now.:p
@HariPrasad-1 @Superdefender @Gessler @smestarz @Kshatriya87

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
IIT-Kharagpur students develop driverless shuttles
For travelling inside the vast IIT-Kharagpur campus, its Robotics Research Group has developed a self-driving shuttle which runs on electricity.
By IANS
TAGS: ROBOTS

Self-driving shuttles for in-campus travel, designed by a team of students from IIT-Kharagpur’s Robotics Research Group, would reduce operating costs by 40 to 60 percent, a statement from the institute said on Friday. Powered by electricity, Auro Shuttles, launched by Nalin Gupta, Jit Ray Chowdhury and Srinivas Reddy of the Group and Y-Combinator, uses latest technology to ensure safe navigation even on busy roads. It eliminates the cost of a driver.
“The shuttle can be used 24×7 and in all weather conditions. No special rails or dedicated pathways are required for its operation. The vehicle is equipped with lasers, camera, radar and GPS. The shuttles rely on a prior 3D map of the environment. It uses this 3D map to localize itself and interpret road topography,” the statement said.
Passengers can feed in destinations through a touch screen mounted on the vehicle, or through their mobile app. The underlying software automatically figures out the optimum high-level route to reach the destination safely, the statement said.
Image: Auro Robotics

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
As there was a slogan for alters in"Make in India" slogan called "Design as Develop" in India make India really an innovation hub.
I posted this thread.
Thread's for discuss indigenous plus "nationally originated" things which aren't influenced by foreign companies.
No India vs China, India vs West or whatever flame war or trolling is welcome.
Today starting from one link, I will run it further. Currently feeling tires, so only one for now.:p
@HariPrasad-1 @Superdefender @Gessler @smestarz @Kshatriya87
That is going to happen sooner or later. India is the only country having such a great talent pool of manpower. Others can not match us.

harsh

Country flag
An Underwater Glider by IIT Delhi Students can Become Indian Navy’s New Age Secret Weapon against Enemies

It’s no mean feat that our IIT students are being recognized globally for their innovations. From creating machines that can quench thirst and reduce waste simultaneously to innovating devices for the blind (like Smartcane now sold commercially) – this young lot is not only sensitive to the daily problems an Indian goes through, but is also at par with some of the best international research institutes abroad when it comes to working on some path-breaking technological innovations.

There is round-the-clock effort inside these campuses to work on themodern-yet-safest technologies like fuel-efficient electric cars and hydrogen-run autos. It’s drones are now used by the Indian Army during combat operations. In yet another such recent innovation that can help our NAVY, a group of IIT students at the Naval Construction Wing have now come out with what they say is an Underwater Glider – a much needed force multiplier in the age of invisible enemies and future autonomous, sustainable advance navies.

“Such gliders are efficient mobile sensor platforms that can be deployed for months at a time, traveling thousands of kilometers. They are low cost and can survive prolonged deployment in excess of nearly 6 months without even recharging. When deployed in large numbers they can do persistent uninterrupted surveillance,” the team headed by Prof.R Vijayakumar says.

Their best use can be in both military as well as commercial applications like Intelligence gathering, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance, Mine Countermeasures, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Inspection / Identification, Oceanography, Communication/Navigation Network Node, Payload Delivery, Information Operations and Time Critical Strike.

A working full-scale model was designed recently, constructed and tested in IIT Delhi by this team. Even as work has been on to make a foolproof underwater glider since 2012 at IIT under the guidance of Prof.R Vijayakumar, the present version of the glider – PD IV – is the fourth generation design. It follows a saw-tooth pattern across the ocean depths at low speeds with minimal energy consumption, periodically transmitting the data collected by on-board sensors to satellites. Thus it can cover wide range of operations and responsibilities without getting detected.

Moreover, the communication and data transfer is based on cheap mobile phone based satellite communication.

Presently, it has undergone pool trials and further improvement of the control systems is still in progress. Further, hydrodynamic trials will be conducted with assistance from IIT Madras and perhaps in the next two years, we may be seeing Navy deploying these secret weapons down below in the ocean!

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
That is going to happen sooner or later. India is the only country having such a great talent pool of manpower. Others can not match us.
That's exaggeration.
Don't underestimate others. It's dangerous. But we'll surely keep doing work hard for getting country up and up.
This thread has only started BTW.
I've benm slightly busy but surely will drive this thread very long.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That's exaggeration.
Don't underestimate others. It's dangerous. But we'll surely keep doing work hard for country.
you may find it exaggerated but I have some friends in some complex areas of IT. They says that in some area you will find hardly any consultant other than Indians. We have almost monopoly in many areas of IT and I am sure that this going to expand in other areas as well. The reason is our culture. In Europe and US you can not expect to be a child as moral as Indians and as intelligent as Indians. I am sad that new generation is ruined in many bad habits. I have some boys in my family. They are so highly ethical and intelligent that in-spite of your best efforts, you can not find any fault with them. This happened to be our culture. We need to build high morality, vision and combination of modern and traditional education in them. believe me they will rule the world. Nobody can ever match them in any area of intelligence. Our new high profile generation is cumming to top each and every area of highest intelligence and leadership.
I am looking to Swami ramdev, Shree shree , sadguru and Pramukh swami maharaj like people to build these sort of exceptional school from where we can generate leaders and winners.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
That's exaggeration.
Don't underestimate others. It's dangerous. But we'll surely keep doing work hard for getting country up and up.
This thread has only started BTW.
I've benm slightly busy but surely will drive this thread very long.
I have closely looked at our potential competitors who can match us in areas requiring high intellect. US and Europe has different culture so better to write them off. Middle east is a genetically garbage coupled with islam. They can not do anything except violence. Japan has culture but they have weaknesses of their own. They will progress upto some extent only and then remained confined to that level only. Africa can not progress.

I see potential in some countries like indonesia and iran only but Iran is once again the victim of poor human right. I see only India progressing well in coming days and to some extent Indonesia.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
you may find it exaggerated but I have some friends in some complex areas of IT. They says that in some area you will find hardly any consultant other than Indians. We have almost monopoly in many areas of IT and I am sure that this going to expand in other areas as well. The reason is our culture. In Europe and US you can not expect to be a child as moral as Indians and as intelligent as Indians. I am sad that new generation is ruined in many bad habits. I have some boys in my family. They are so highly ethical and intelligent that in-spite of your best efforts, you can not find any fault with them. This happened to be our culture. We need to build high morality, vision and combination of modern and traditional education in them. believe me they will rule the world. Nobody can ever match them in any area of intelligence. Our new high profile generation is cumming to top each and every area of highest intelligence and leadership.
I am looking to Swami ramdev, Shree shree , sadguru and Pramukh swami maharaj like people to build these sort of exceptional school from where we can generate leaders and winners.
Indians in IT is not because of our spectacular brains, it just that we are cheap resources. That's about it. If the current growth trend continues, Africans and south East Asians may take our place in IT.

In my opinion, great counties are not built on morality and culture. But trade and commerce based on a particular world view and strategic vision.

Coming back to topic:

India's design and make in india is going to succeed only when the business houses put their money into it. Until then it's just talk.

The day we start hearing news that companies are investing in research project, that is the day future is assured. Until then we have to be content with small wins which are primarily government led.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Indians in IT is not because of our spectacular brains, it just that we are cheap resources. That's about it. If the current growth trend continues, Africans and south East Asians may take our place in IT.

In my opinion, great counties are not built on morality and culture. But trade and commerce based on a particular world view and strategic vision.

Coming back to topic:

India's design and make in india is going to succeed only when the business houses put their money into it. Until then it's just talk.

The day we start hearing news that companies are investing in research project, that is the day future is assured. Until then we have to be content with small wins which are primarily government led.
Who want only to stick to IT?
We need a new spice, an economy with different Base. 5 years plan of 2017-22 will decide what industry we gonna get after 2022, with a skilled labor of over 400 million and
A second world country who's no more taunted to be poor(if targets are achieved), I'm wishing we do something in electronic industry.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Coming back to topic:

lots of hole in your arguements. I will discuss it later.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Yes initially we got in due to price advantage. But today, it is different. India has built a competitive position in the services industry.

Obviously nothing grows forever. So services industry will level off too. But services industry is a major fx earner, and is the reason why trade balance has been achieved. So it is a major growth driver as fx needed to buy modern machinery for other sectors is due to earnings of IT & ITES.

Today we are at takeoff stage as other industries have also started contributing to exports, for example automobile. Our engineering companies have also built a competitive position in the world markets in some niche sectors.

Next big boost will come from aviation and communications if the government plays its cards right.

raja696

As rightly said by yusuf , India needs to start developing marine engines of its own. This demands knowledge of most advanced metallurgical techniques which can be applied to many sectors there on.... If India has already started any such ventures pls guide to the links. Thanks

charlie

Country flag
As rightly said by yusuf , India needs to start developing marine engines of its own. This demands knowledge of most advanced metallurgical techniques which can be applied to many sectors there on.... If India has already started any such ventures pls guide to the links. Thanks

Well if we somehow manage to get TOT from Ukrainian, like the Chinese did.

garg_bharat

Country flag
Well KMGT is working though not yet fitted to a boat.

Govt labs and PSU will never succeed in such competitive areas.

This is why we need private sector participation in complex engineering projects.

It is simply a work culture issue, not a technical issue.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Well it doesn't work that way.
If you have 100 questions about this engine, this TOT will only answer you 2 questions.
Can you tell us those questions is Kaveri Engine thread?
Some high profile Indians involved in projects visit our forum as guest. They may get some help.
Any source for 100 questions?
I mean which 100 questions and which two has been answered? :p

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
The great news. I like this sorts of news very much. As shree kalam sir had said, we need a series of small steps to become a great power. we do not giat steps only. If these sort of plants are build in big numbers, farmers can get a lot more money and we can save a huge amount of foreign exchange. Environmental protection is an additional benefits. I am excited to read this news. However I am disappointing because this is not happening in big scale. Government should make a policy to purchase this bio fuel at some rate for a long period of time. That will encourage industrialist to put their plant.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles