Desi companies set to feature among world's top 10 coal miners

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Wow I didnt know Indians have been aggressively acquiring coal mines abroad. Good they are leaving Indian reserves as it is whatever the reason, environment or otherwise. We should similarly be acquiring iron ore mines. The report says coal mines are being acquired by power barons. That is bad news though as coal fired plants pollute a lot.

Steel barons should look to acquire iron ore mines abroad. Leave Indian reserves for future.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Wow I didnt know Indians have been aggressively acquiring coal mines abroad. Good they are leaving Indian reserves as it is whatever the reason, environment or otherwise. We should similarly be acquiring iron ore mines. The report says coal mines are being acquired by power barons. That is bad news though as coal fired plants pollute a lot.

Steel barons should look to acquire iron ore mines abroad. Leave Indian reserves for future.
Coal burning emissions can be controlled.

Air Pollution Control for Coal-Fired Power Plants

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Coal mine aquisition is driven by the need of high grade coal. Most of the Indian deposits are of low grade

pmaitra

I didn't realise that Times of India will actually use 'Desi' in the headline. In hindsight though, it is not a bad thing. English language is getting richer day by day. :)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I didn't realise that Times of India will actually use 'Desi' in the headline. In hindsight though, it is not a bad thing. English language is getting richer day by day. :)
Look what we had locally:

Triangle Desi

I missed it!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles