Denied a bike by his father, underage son makes one himself

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Denied a bike by his father, 17-yr-old makes one himself

Rajkot: His father refused to get him a bike as he was too young to ride. This prompted Yash Gehi (17), a class XI student to make one himself, modelled on an American chopper.

The headlight and engine is from a Luna, the front wheel is from a cycle and the rear wheel belonged to a Bajaj M80. The petrol tank is from a Yamaha RX100.

Yash said, "I collected the materials from two-wheeler models that are no longer in production and made this bike after a month's hard work. I was inspired after seeing a bike called American Chopper on the Internet."

Gehi spent Rs. 9,000 to purchase the used materials. After the bike was ready, Gehi first rode it around his farmhouse in Gir. Then, satisfied with its performance, he took it out on the streets of Rajkot.

"I made this bike to ride it, not to sell it. Its mileage is 40 km per litre. I can make a similar bike if someone places an order for it. I can also guide other underage enthusiasts who are interested in making a similar bike."

Kishore Gehi, Yash's father, said, "I denied him a bike for his safety, but I had little idea that he would take it up as a challenge and make one himself."

Gehi's bike, named Indian Chopper, has a 49-cc engine.

It has two start-modes kick start and pedal start. The gap between the tyres is 1.5 metres and the bike can touch a maximum speed of 60 kilometers per hour.

Gehi can ride his bike because a licence is not required for motorised vehicles with engines below 50cc.

Denied a bike by his father, 17-yr-old makes one himself

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles