Delhi to get missile defence ring next year

p2prada

And what is the expected time for delivery of Maitri :heh:
Don't know yet, but it will be better than our other projects. Seems like we will use Trishul's engine and new radars developed by reliable industries in India with MBDA's MICA seekers.

It should replace all our older vintage SAMs and also Barak 1 for the Navy.

I actually have some hopes for this project. Perhaps why even he was talking about staying within deadline. I would say 6 years from project start, but that's only a guess.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
@p2prada Let me re quote this

Induction of missiles developed with MBDA is on the cards and would be achieved within given deadlines, he said.
The much delayed and forgotten by media Induction of missiles developed with MBDA is on the cards and would be achieved within given (revised?????) deadlines, he said hopefully and optimistically.

Last edited by a moderator:

p2prada

@p2prada Let me re quote this

The much delayed and forgotten by media Induction of missiles developed with MBDA is on the cards and would be achieved within given (revised?????) deadlines, he said hopefully and optimistically.
The negotiations completed this year, if my memory serves right. We may get to know more if we wait a bit.

However MBDA is an overachiever.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

no smoking

Country flag
so ? if i remember you too have taken their carrier, their fighters..................
I think he means that Chinese already tested S-300 which imported from russia, and it doesn't perform very good in anti-ballistic missile. That is why americans, chinese and russians moved on to develop middle-course phase system.

p2prada

I think he means that Chinese already tested S-300 which imported from russia, and it doesn't perform very good in anti-ballistic missile. That is why americans, chinese and russians moved on to develop middle-course phase system.
The biggest threat to China comes from ICBMs, not from IRBMs. S-300 can only counter IRBMs.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Delhi, Mumbai to get missile defense shield

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Delhi, Mumbai to get ballistic missile shield

Global Defence

New threads