Delhi open to Kabul arms request

TrueSpirit

@Kunal Biswas

Personally i have friends who served there time in astan...Carry on
Same here Kunal, I have friends & college juniors actively serving there under various heads & some fly there off & on; all of them concur that Af-stan is irredeemable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are they in defense ? or government advisers ..

=====================

My views are more common with this person, listen to him you will have better picture..

@<a href="http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/member.php?u=4163" target="_blank">Kunal Biswas</a>
Same here Kunal, I have friends & college juniors actively serving there under various heads & some fly there off & on; all of them concur that Af-stan is irredeemable.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its should be not the priority to think much about there internal issues, But rather arm them and have our own bases there for surveillance and Intel gathering business..

Afghans and Indians have many common objectives in military sense and politically, And it can be archived with joint hands......

=======================

We must focus on our objectives, anything else is nonsense, our enemy will always try to divert us by spreading rumor and confusion, Joint Indian and Afghan forces are certainly not a good news for our enemies ..

@Kunal BiswasAf-stan is irredeemable.

TrueSpirit

Are they in defense ? or government advisers ..

=====================

My views are more common with this person, listen to him you will have better picture..
would definitely listen to him within this week. Thanks for sharing.

TrueSpirit

Are they in defense ? or government advisers
I do not know the details about each one of them. I get to meet them only once a year in annual Alumni Meet Event & more often on the IGI airport. And, they are almost never online/connected. But most of them started out as standard Infantry officers through NDA. Quickly rose to "Major" & then some of them have recently grown big beards (I mean, extremely big) before their promotion to Lt. Colonel. When they travel, they have loads of cash in their suitcases (they do not reveal the currency or beneficiaries, but only destination). So, what one of my friend at IGI Airport told me (he is CISF Deputy Commdt. at IGIA) that they are still in Army, but under deputation to our Kao-agency. Most of them have returned now, been married & leading normal lives (uploading facebook pics, chatting & all).

Some of them who fly down there, are in ITBP (I am from one of those Military School's where most of the cadets were hill guys from Kumaon & Garhwal). So, all friends (as well as seniors/juniors) are either in Armed Forces, paramilitary (SSB/BSF/CRPF/CISF) and a few in Administrative services. Having said that, I have regular interaction with only a few close friends (who are more accessible) like the CISF guy at IGIA & the ones who are in peace posting now (got married, etc.)

TrueSpirit

@pmaitra: I cannot send any private message to anyone but I can only see them. It happened since I received one infraction. So, sorry for late response. You might want to refer to my post # 65, regarding my campus. I would share more details once these features start working for my profile. Likewise, I cannot post any pics/videos from my computer etc. I can only share public links.

TrueSpirit

In an all too familiar demarche, US negotiators are already in talks with the Haqqani network, whom they had declared a terrorist org. last year, itself. Looks like they had a change of heart. This shows US (for all the right reasons) cares two hoots about engaging with terrorist organization, when it comes to saving their as**s, notwithstanding its stated policy of non-negotiation with terrorists.

Does not bode well for India. Expect India to be restricted to NA dominated areas (North & NW regions). Whatever limited presence India has in mainland areas, would be rolled back or blown up & we cannot do a thing about it. The reality of geographical limitation (not having a direct land border with Af-stan) would now be dawning upon our External Affairs Ministry, more than ever & their helplessness in this matter is already too evident.

Even puny Qatar is going to have more say than India in days to came, when it comes to the calling the shots in Af-stan (for Qatar is Taliban's bridge to civilized world).

As always, India is nowhere in the picture of these negotiations between different parties on power-sharing agreement in the aftermath of US withdrawal. Pak (read, Gen. Ashfaque Kayani) is running the show, all the way. The Paki dream of achieving strategic depth in Af-stan is not a distant dream, anymore. Instead, it is well within reach. The last surviving superpower has already been humbled. History repeated itself.

Experts who had been day-dreaming that Indian soft-power could make India a player worth reckoning in Af-stan, would now wake-up from from their slumber, when they realize that India counts little in the future of Af-stan. There is simply for India no way to overcome the geographical reality.

US token presence in Af-stan & ANA, would not be able to withstand Taliban factions long enough & Kabul would eventually fall. Expect a replay of 1996, with Haqqani & Hekmatyar (as usual) factions taking the lead. But it be a much slower campaign than 1996 because drone strikes would not allow the Taliban militia to re-group often, a pre-requsitive for sustained offensives, when aim is to capture Kabul.

Lesson is: There is no substitute for Hard-Power. Winning hearts-n-minds is just an icing on cake.

Waiting for the real action to unfold.
@Singh @Kunal Biswas @pmaitra @sayareakd @Ray Sir Could you please share your perspectives on the developments underway ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
India is no soft power in astan, we just like to do things quietly, Unlike the other party shouting for attention..

TrueSpirit

Hope India is in parallel consultations with US regarding the developments being unfolded. If US has not taken India into confidence, it would not be simply good old perfidy (no surprise) but ultimate folly

There won't be any stopping the ISI from turning Af-stan back in safe haven for extremists, & these ISI foot-soldiers would nurse equal, if not greater antipathy for the US & West, than India. Soon, the West might see its interests totally subverted not only in Central Asia but In Europe, as well. The little hold possessed by CIA-MI6 over the regional opium-trade would get back in hands on Taliban.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles