Defiance

ashdoc

Country flag
The jews of russia have always suffered pogroms for centuries immemorial ( jews of which country haven't ? ......yeah I remember one nation--India ..=i+ )

,but in 1941 comes another deadly danger..........the germans have invaded mother Russia........

..........and needless to say , the jews are on top of their hitlist.......

This is the story of Russian jews fighting a grim battle for survival in the misery of the second world war........

To say that the odds are stacked against them is to say the obvious........

...........and the courage they have to show would put a Rambo to shame......

Daniel Craig leads their battle for survival , as the battle moves on in the unforgivably cruel russian winter........

Not only the elements are against them , but the Russian army too is indifferent........viewing them as expendables.......

They have to fight the Germans ,and also the epidemic of typhus that war has brought............with the Russians , their own people ,refusing to give them medicines..........

Amidst all this they have time to fall in love , sometimes sing and dance for one of their own's wedding.........and try to keep religion alive.......in a situation where belief in god would be suspended without being noticed.......

To some ,Daniel Craig seems like a new Moses ,destined to lead them to their chosen land........

But does he succeed ??......Go watch the movie for that.......

Some of the moments in the movie are heart-rending ,as the woman who is shot dead deliberately falling in such a way that her finger remains pressing the machine-gun she is firing after she is dead ( did I see a similar scene in Haqeeqat ?)

The movie also shows how miserable a war is.......and is depressing to be honest......

But ,its a good movie ,really.......

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I just saw this run in Star movies, but had to skip because it had already started. I dont like watching movies from the middle. Will get a DVD or wait for re run! Hope its a good watch! God Speed

plugwater

Its an average movie. But there are lot of holocaust movies available which are far better than this one. Best one is schindler's list

ahmedsid

Top Gun
The Boy In Striped Pyjamas is by far the most touching portrayal of the Holocaust!!! Its a Must Watch! But Beware, its disturbing! God Speed

plugwater

Another one Life is beautiful. Have a really good ending

SHASH2K2

I really liked this movie. Its based on a real story of Jews surviving Jungle in such a harsh Winter. I really admire guts of people who were able to survive. Boy in striped payjama is another heart touching story.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles