Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibit

Pandora

Country flag
Re: Defexpo 2014: Land, Naval & Internal Homeland Security Systems Exh

As part of the company's strategy to enhance the scope of its defence business right up to frontline combat, Tata Motors showcased the 'KESTREL', a Wheeled Armoured Amphibious Platform providing mobility to frontline soldiers, carrying them into the battle zone, with critical armour-protection, backed with adequate fire support. The 'LAMV' (Light Armoured High Mobility Vehicle) is a recon vehicle moving ahead of the armored columns. Tata Motors Defence through the KESTREL and the LAMV provides the Indian Armed Forces, with world-class indigenously developed front line protected mobility.

Image 3 - LAMV (Light Armoured Mobility Vehicle)The KESTREL is a Wheeled Armored Amphibious Platform, designed and developed indigenously with DRDO, for optimised survivability, all-terrain performance and increased lethality. The occupant capacity of the hull is 12 members. The driver in combat mode has visibility through 3 periscopes and a display catching vision through front and rear view cameras, with day and night vision. The back to back seating layout allows firing through the 3 gun ports on each side, with two big hatches for patrolling. The fuel tanks are placed outside the crew compartment for additional safety. The 8X8 independently suspended vehicle has high power-to-weight ratio for mountain terrains. The vehicle can accommodate different variety of weapon stations and turrets as the application demands.

The LAMV is developed indigenously with technical inputs from Supacat of the UK, for vital reconnaissance mobility, protection and firepower. A light patrol vehicle, the LAMV combines an integrated blast and ballistic protection system, including a protected all composite detachable crew pod and V-shaped hull, providing an all-round protection. Carrying a crew of six (two+four) and using the latest composite and ceramic armour systems, the crew pod is constructed as a separate module, sealed off from potential secondary projectiles. All seats are mine-blast protected. The LAMV has exceptional all-terrain high mobility performance, high power-to-weight ratio, automatic transmission, all-wheel independent suspension and can reach speeds of upto 105 kmph. The vehicle is also loaded with modern equipment for observation, surveillance and communication, configured to also address urban warfare, engaging threat on all terrains.

Mr. Ravi Pisharody, Executive Director, Commercial Vehicle Business Unit, Tata Motors Ltd, "Tata Motors has been associated with the country's defence and security forces for over 60 years, supplying a range of world-class, high technology and reliable off-road mobility solutions. While focusing on the modernisation and system upgrades of the country's mobility platforms, we have strategically moved from being a logistics support provider to a frontline combat vehicle player. The two vehicles showcased today are state-of-the-art, targeted at giving our forces the much needed capabilities of strategic mobility for rapid offensive thrusts into enemy territory. Developed with DRDO, the KESTREL is based on modern modular designs, which can incorporate imperative upgrades, thereby enabling them to retain functional superiority throughout their service life."

Tata Motors also showcased two other vehicles at the DEFEXPO 2014.

Tata 7.5 T MRV on LPTA 1623 4×4 BSIII: Tata Motors showcased a 7.5 tonne, hydraulic Medium Recovery Vehicle (MRV) on the LPTA 1623 4×4 BSIII platform. Developed indigenously by Tata Motors along with PLS Limited, the MRV is the first of its kind OEM manufactured vehicle, enabling ease of operation and readiness at all times. The Tata 7.5 T MRV enables speedy recovery and repair of vehicles in the 7 – 10 class, and gets them on road in time to ensure smooth sustenance to the operational tasks in hand. The Tata 7.5 T MRV caters to operational requirements such as extrication of vehicles, suspended tow unditiching / uprighting of vehicles, loading / unloading of various categories of load, etc.

Tata Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) Left Hand Drive (LHD): The Tata APC – LHD, has been developed specifically for LHD markets to protect security forces from threats like ambushes, sudden violent attacks and powerful explosive mines. Tata APC takes troop protection to the next level. Designed to protect against gunfire, with ballistic protection of NIJ Level III, it provides essential protection to military and para military forces. It is well protected against under wheel / underbelly blasts and has more than acceptable levels of mobility.

Read more at Tata Motors at India's Defence Expo 2014 | Rush Lane

northernarunachalpradesh

I have the snaps will be posting them tomorrow starting from the A run Mar I I.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
This is criminal.u cant delay posting pics.

ghost

Defexpo 2014: Nexter unveils Indian version of CAESAR Defexpo 2014: Nexter unveils Indian version of CAESAR - IHS Jane's 360

The French company has teamed up with Indian companies Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Ashok Leyland Defence to offer the Indian Army a CAESAR system fitted to Ashok Leyland's 6x6 Super Stallion chassis.

ghost

I have the snaps will be posting them tomorrow starting from the A run Mar I I.

You can post pic tomorrow but you can tell us about ur impression of multi cal rifle today.If possible just upload the multi cal pics please.

Blackwater

sob

Mod
Country flag

Saya is the expert on this. I will not be able to do justice. But first impression they need to remove the plastic magazine.

ghost

whats the range of the gola????
According to Nexter, the forward-facing 155mm/52 calibre gun is mounted on a 4x4 or 6x6 truck chassis depending on the terrain of its deployment, and is superior to the self-propelled or towed variety of the artillery weapon for which the Indian Army has floated a global tender earlier in the year.Beside the shoot-and-scoot capabilities, the gun has a range of over 40 kilometres and can fire six rounds, shut down and exit the area in less than two minutes, thus not allowing the enemy to triangulate its position and reveal its location."Its low weight of around 18 tonnes reduces both complexity and cost. Its strategic, operational and tactical mobility is superior to that of both the self-propelled guns and towed guns. It matches the reactivity of the self-propelled guns and the light weight of the towed variety."

ghost

Guys check out trichy assault rifle behind the soldier.This means trichy assault rifle is also at display at expo .Hope Sob has got some amazing pic of it.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Guys check out trichy assault rifle behind the soldier.This means trichy assault rifle is also at display at expo .Hope Sob has got some amazing pic of it.
yeah got pic of that, please wait for tomorrow, lots of pics by @sob, he had good camera therefore he took all the pics.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

marine sonar to be deploy from Helicopter (heavy helicopter). It is basically folds up and when it goes underwater it deploys like umbrella as shown in the picture.
Very good pics but sir were there any foreign military personnel present at Defexpo? Were they mostly present at DRDO pavilion? I hope our domestic companies bag orders from other countries.

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned

BEL ties with Textron for procurement of border security system - The Hindu

For enhancing border security, surveillance, and enhancing protection of critical infrastructure, leading defence public sector undertaking Bharat Electronics Limited on Thursday signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Textron Systems Corporation as a first step for supplying the Textron Systems MicroObserver Unattended Ground Sensor (UGS) system to Indian security agencies.

The agreement was signed during Defexpo 2014, the eighth biennial Land, Naval, and Internal Homeland Security Systems Exhibition that began at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi.

"We're looking forward to working with BEL to bring this critical surveillance system to Indian government agencies that will benefit from its wide range of proven capabilities," explained Ian Walsh, Textron Defense Systems' senior vice president and general manager.

"Bharat Electronics Limited expects the benefits of this system to filter down to various agencies responsible for the management of the Indian borders, thus fulfilling our overall objective of bringing in cutting-edge technologies to India," said BEL Director of Marketing P.C. Jain while explaining the reason for the tie-up.

The MicroObserver UGS system is unique in that rather than showing just a single detection alarm, it provides actionable intelligence by displaying the position, direction, and speed of personnel and vehicle threats, making it easier for border management agencies to locate, identify and intercept them.

The system also makes identification of targets possible with imaging sensors that are triggered by sensor detections. These utilise proven target detection algorithms, and generate multiple images that appear as video. It also utilises advanced tracking and seismic detection technology to significantly reduce false alarms over existing ground sensors.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag

Defexpo 2014: Nexter unveils Indian version of CAESAR Defexpo 2014: Nexter unveils Indian version of CAESAR - IHS Jane's 360

The French company has teamed up with Indian companies Larsen & Toubro (L&T) and Ashok Leyland Defence to offer the Indian Army a CAESAR system fitted to Ashok Leyland's 6x6 Super Stallion chassis.
Wow they actually did it, last DEFEXPO i had a long chat with the head of sales for NEXTER in India about how much better CEASAR would be for the IA if they could mount it on an Indian truck, to think of it he did note down my suggestion. this has made me deliriously happy:)

abingdonboy

Country flag

Wow they actually did it, last DEFEXPO i had a long chat with the head of sales for NEXTER in India about how much better CEASAR would be for the IA if they could mount it on an Indian truck, to think of it he did note down my suggestion. this has made me deliriously happy:)
This was pretty much mandatory as part of the IA's tender

TATA's tie up with DENEL also saw the gun mounted on a TATA truck:

feathers

Tihar Jail
Banned

A Tata Motors company exhibitor explains to a group of Indian army personnel about the newly launched Kestrel, a multi-wheeled armored amphibious vehicle, at the 8th International Land and Naval Defense System exhibition, in New Delhi.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles