Dealing with death

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
You seem like a bunch of good guys so just want to get your thoughts on it. It is the first MAJOR death that really affects me, others have died but not really close to them like that. How have you guys dealt with death of someone close in your lives?
RIP to your Father..

I lost someone close within my Family three years back..
I have grown Stronger since, And memories kept that person alive within me even today..

swag5

Condolence......sorry for the loss armand..let his soul rest in peace..just when we miss our closed ones we feel very bad...if we lose someone,it's even worser..
i know tat his memories will haunt you,but just try to be busy with what you love to do and your loved ones.

I still have not experienced such a trauma..whenever i imagine i feel very scared in the imagination only..coming to reality i can't even thought of it..
bt i was shattered when i saw the lying bodies in 26/11 incident...

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
Sorry to hear about your loss Armand... May your dad's soul rest in peace...

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
armand,

My deep condolences.

Yes, I have had many experiences with death.

They take away a part of your life with them!

I am always remind of an Eskimo saying - "Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.

shaka

My Dad died at the age of 54. The thought that I will never meet him again is very depressing, but there is nothing one can do. It was difficult for me to concentrate on things after that for quite some time. But with time, it becomes less and less painful.

When my dad died somebody told me - "Death is the biggest truth of life". Its very true.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Thank you for the well wishes. It is hard to be strong for the family. Everyone expects you to handle things when you just don't want to think about it. Just remembering or touching something of theirs can make you break down.

sandeepdg

Sorry for your loss, mate. May your father's soul rest in peace. He's under Almighty's care now, my friend, to whom one day, we shall all return.

I have lost my maternal uncle 2 years back, he was around 70 years old. His death did come as a shocker to me and everyone, since nobody though that his asthma will prove so deadly for him, but nobody can help it. I was very attached to him and he was very fond of me too. Though I was not around when he passed away, but I can never control my tears whenever I visit his place in Kolkata, which is very rare. The emptiness that surrounds me when I enter his room, and look at his framed picture on the wall is something that I cannot express in words.

All I can say is that time is the greatest healer, my friend. Just remember all the quality time you spent with your dad, that will relax your mind and give you a sense of calm.

atul kakkar

I share your grief as I myself have lost three members, Elder Sister & younger brother, in the prime of their youth long back in tragic circumstances & father 13 years ago at the age of 68 years. May your father's soul rest in peace.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Sorry for your loss Armand..

Frankly nothing feels more miserable than knowing someone very close died & you couldn't be there in last moments, atleast I suffer so everytime I think of it. One can't escape it by any means. In such cases, we are just helpless...

I faced few unfortunate events in past years. I usually cherish good memories of the person than the sad moments. Makes me aware of expectations, goodwill, support & responsibilities they had for me.

May your father rest in peace..

Regards,
Nrj

jatkshatriya

Well Armand....what can i say....Once i had an argument with my mother....i told her that she and my father should go to places and see the world....there is so much in the world to see and do....and that they have never been anywhere in their life....My mother replied ..these were her exact words " mhaara baccha ne dekhliyo...duniya dekhli....hum imein hi khush hain" meaning "i have seen the faces of my children..i hv seen the world...i am more than happy".Your father must have dided in peace as he had known u ,someone who loves him.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles