Dawood Ibrahim is held in high esteem in Pakistan: Musharraf

Galaxy

Country flag

November 16, 2011

London: In an exclusive interview to NDTV, General Parvez Musharraf has said that he cannot confirm whether underworld don Dawood Ibrahim is hiding in Pakistan. The former Pakistani president has also said that Mr Ibrahim, who tops India's most-wanted list, is held in 'high esteem' by many in his country.

"They think that he did a very good job... Because Indians killed 3,000 Gujaratis. In Gujarat they killed 3,000 Muslims. Therefore Dawood Ibrahim reacted. So he is held in high esteem. This is what happens in Pakistan," said the General, who was president of Pakistan for nine years.

India believes Mr Ibrahim masterminded the 1993 serial blasts in Mumbai. Pakistani officials have always denied that Mr Ibrahim lives in Karachi, though he is widely known to own a huge house that is in a posh part of the city.

This is the first time that a Pakistani leader has acknowledged the possibility that Mr Ibrahim has been given refuge in the country.

Sources in the Home Ministry in India refused to comment on record on Mr Musharraf's startling comments. They say they continue to believe that Mr Ibrahim is based in Pakistan and uses multiple passports for international travel.

Former Home Secretary GK Pillai, however, said, "I think he (Musharraf) in one sense has betrayed himself by saying that Dawood was responsible for the attacks in India. That itself shows that the Pakistani establishment knew very well what they were doing."

Here is the transcript of the General Musharraf's comments on Mr Ibrahim:

Barkha Dutt: ...Dawood Ibrahim. LK Advani wrote in a blog that when he met you in Agra he brought up this issue and you got very angry and you said that "These are small things and they are not true." But do you understand General Musharraf the symbolism of what Dawood Ibrahim means to India? And it's widely been believed for so many years that Dawood Ibrahim has a house in Karachi. That the address is known to everybody. There's a Javed Miandad who has married into that family.

Musharraf: Ok, now you are talking about what the Indian perceptions are. But do you know what Pakistanis think of Dawood Ibrahim?

Barkha Dutt: What do they think?

Musharraf: They think that he did a very good job... Because Indians killed 3,000 Gujaratis. In Gujarat they killed 3,000 Muslims. Therefore Dawood Ibrahim reacted. So he is held in high esteem. This is what happens in Pakistan.

Barkha Dutt: But sir, should reaction be through violence and bomb blasts and terrorism?

Musharraf: Yes, it must not be. It must not be, no. I won't agree. I agree with you. It should not be. But things are not as simple. That is what I am trying to say. I think things are very complicated. They are not simple.

Barkha Dutt: But do you accept that Dawood Ibrahim is hidden in Pakistan?

Musharraf: I don't know. I don't know. I wouldn't be able to confirm that. I don't know it.

(General Pervez Musharraf has also spoken on Benazir Bhutto's assassination and the arrest that he could face on his return to Pakistan. Catch the full interview at 10 pm IST) on NDTV 24x7)

[video]http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/news/fromndtv/216210[/video]

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^ Which murderer, killer, terrorist and a criminal is not held in high esteem by demented bigoted awam of failed state of pakistan?? This should be the point of discussion and trust me you will not find any answer!!

Last edited:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Our Indian channels with these bimbo anchors like Barkha Dutt call these rascals and give them too much importance. Our anchors and newspersons should call out every lie that these Pakis utter and make them thoroughly uncomfortable. Cannot fathom the reason for the way our newspersons go fawning over people like Musharraff and Imran Khan.

Musharraf was the rascal who masterminded the Kargil attacks sneakily. He was the one who played a double game with the West all along, and who nurtured the dozens of terror groups post 9/11. He was the one who insisted that India be kept out of Afghanistan. He was the one who gave shelter and help to the Afghan Taliban. Does this man deserve to be spoken decently to?

Blackwater

Not only dawood mamu but all world terrorist are held, meld, smeld, propelled in high esteem in pakistan. anything happens in world the person is found in land of pure

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Barkha Dutt: What do they think?

Musharraf: They think that he did a very good job... Because Indians killed 3,000 Gujaratis. In Gujarat they killed 3,000 Muslims. Therefore Dawood Ibrahim reacted. So he is held in high esteem. This is what happens in Pakistan.
So he anticipated the 2002 riots and perpetrated the 1991 bomb blasts. :facepalm:
I'm confident that Pakistan's collective IQ won't touch double digits.

Last edited:

SPIEZ

Country flag
So he anticipated the 2002 riots and perpetrated the 1991 bomb Blast. :facepalm:
I'm confident that Pakistan's collective IQ won't touch double digits.
This is why you should spend a lot of time in PDefffu :D :rofl: The protectors of justice would give you more reasons.

SPIEZ

Country flag
lol! Osama back than and now daud, way to go pak :clap:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well done Mushy. Foot in mouth disease is advancing quite rapidly in him.

One thing he forgot that Dawood masterminded the bomb blasts in 1993 whereas Gujarat in 2002. Anyways, its none of his business as to what happens in India. India can take care of its problems. That he and his country applaud such people is only further proof that he and his country are terrorists/terror sympathizers and use terror as state policy which is fully backed by all institutions in Pakistan.

And we have Indians in the forum world crying RIP when their pilots die. Effin .............

agentperry

my grand-ma used to say, lato ke bhoot baato se nahin mante, but this ghost is not even behaving after having loads of kick from all side.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles