Daily life of the average Indian and Chinese?

badguy2000

Respected Member
guys, I am now more interested on the daily life of common people than political and internatinal news......so

can u please post the cost of the following in India so that we can get an idea about the amount of pay weeks requried to purchase these cosumer good in your country. Please qoute the cost in rupee

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use
6. Domestic help cost per month
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month
8. Ticket prices for movies
9. Ticket prices for public transport
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride

agentperry

guys, I am now more interested on the daily life of common people than political and internatinal news......so

can u please post the cost of the following in India so that we can get an idea about the amount of pay weeks requried to purchase these cosumer good in your country. Please qoute the cost in rupee

the story of india is different from that of china as there is no rebirth of india as a running nation with supremacy as goal.
the above mentioned things vary on every 20 km traveling and sometimes by the factor of 10 or more.
in cities like delhi mumbai and bangalore which are among the most expensive cities on earth to little hamlets in central or eastern india where you have basic survival as main life goal.

else if you are specifically interested in above things then you have internet and all the above things are mentioned in govt and private service providers websites.

badguy2000

Respected Member
now, begin with my daily life

1. Condo or apartment cost per square meter :5000-10000RMB(35000-70000 Rupees)
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds :0.6 RMB(4 rupees)
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter :7.37RMB(50 Rupees)
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month: I don't know ,because My kid is still a baby.
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use 100-200 RMB(700-1400rupees)
6. Domestic help cost per month: 2500-3000RMB(17500-21000RMB) with free food and lodge
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month : 24RMB(168 rupees)
8. Ticket prices for movies :30-100RMB(210-700 rupees)
9. Ticket prices for public transport: 1RMB(7 rupees) for bus
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride about 15 RMB(105 rupees)

badguy2000

Respected Member
the story of india is different from that of china as there is no rebirth of india as a running nation with supremacy as goal.
the above mentioned things vary on every 20 km traveling and sometimes by the factor of 10 or more.
in cities like delhi mumbai and bangalore which are among the most expensive cities on earth to little hamlets in central or eastern india where you have basic survival as main life goal.

else if you are specifically interested in above things then you have internet and all the above things are mentioned in govt and private service providers websites.
the price of the above items varies much in China too...

So, It is ok to post the local life cost in the town or city where you live.....

agentperry

the price of the above items varies much in China too...

So, It is ok to post the local life cost in the town or city where you live.....
i live in delhi and my house costs rs.100000/sq yards
electricity bill is as per slab that if you use 400 units or less then you get bill charged with unit cost of rs3.70/unit. beyond this it costs more per unit and goes upto rs6/unit(the electricity cost in capital is lowest in india)
petrol costs around rs.57 or so. its costly and subsidized. diesel is subsidized and costs very less.
my brother is in private school and his fees is rs12000/quarter. but in some other schools it goes upto rs25000. though my college fee is 22000/year due to govt subsidy. govt believes in subsidizing education so that even a poor talent can be put to good use.
my phone bill is about rs1000/month. i just talk to my girlfriend and someother.
part time domestic help takes rs2000/month. they clean house utensils and cuts veggie.
dth is rs250/month
ticket prices are ranging from rs.100 for morning show to rs650 in gold class night show
public transport is very diverse. autorickshaw with rs6.5/km bus with rs10 for upto 15 km travel and metro with even lower charges. but taxi takes rs.20/km

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Differs from State to State, city to city, locality to locality.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
electricity bill is as per slab that if you use 400 units or less then you get bill charged with unit cost of rs3.70/unit. beyond this it costs more per unit and goes upto rs6/unit(the electricity cost in capital is lowest in india)
petrol costs around rs.57 or so. its costly and subsidized. diesel is subsidized and costs very less.
my brother is in private school and his fees is rs12000/quarter. but in some other schools it goes upto rs25000. though my college fee is 22000/year due to govt subsidy. govt believes in subsidizing education so that even a poor talent can be put to good use.
my phone bill is about rs1000/month. i just talk to my girlfriend and someother.
part time domestic help takes rs2000/month. they clean house utensils and cuts veggie.
dth is rs250/month
ticket prices are ranging from rs.100 for morning show to rs650 in gold class night show
public transport is very diverse. autorickshaw with rs6.5/km bus with rs10 for upto 15 km travel and metro with even lower charges. but taxi takes rs.20/km
Petrol in Delhi is Rs 67.5/L to be precise.

badguy2000

Respected Member
Re: How About daily life of common Indians and common CHInese?

dth is rs250/month
well, 100000 rupees/SQ yard = 120000 rupees/SQ meter =17150 RMB/SQ meter,right? it is more expensive than Ganzhou here...but it is not expensive to the capital of 1.2 billion populated India.

but the part-time domestic help costs only 2000 Rupees(300 RMB). it cost much less than here....it seems that labour cost in Delhi is much lower than Ganzhou city here.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I see...but can you tell me the case in the city where you live?
I live in Calcutta and it is cheaper than most of the metros.

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet - I live in my own house and so I cannot say what it costs. Also, it depends on the size of the apartment and the locality. But real estate prices are the cheapest when viewed versus other metros or so I am told

2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds - it has been going up and I find it of no use to check that. My monthly bill comes between :inr: 5000 to 10,000. I use many electrical appliances. It will go up now that the govt will give only 6 gas cylinders on subsidised price.

3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter - again, I have given up knowing what is the lastest as it keeps changing as per the international prices and the local taxes.

4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month. - my children are working and so this is a burden I am saved from.

5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use - :inr: 1700 landline and :inr: 1000 on mobile.

6. Domestic help cost per month - :inr: 9000 (this includes the janitor, gardener who comes once a week, washerman, maid part time from the Centre)

7. DTV or cable TV charges per month - my wife pays and so I am not too sure.

8. Ticket prices for movies - I don't see movies.

9. Ticket prices for public transport - It is too chaotic for me to attempt using it.

10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride - my wife pays and I am fatalistic about the fare. If I have to use the taxi, I might as well pay what the meter reads.

In short, what one cannot change, I believe get used to it and if it is too much, then don't use and change your lifestyle schedule.

I used to play golf daily, but the very thought of driving through chaotic traffic has put me off trying it any more.

I miss golf, but I don't wish to meet with an accident leading to too many complication with the law, insurance, repairs and maybe broken bones and hospitalisation!

Sorry if you don't find it useful.

Last edited:

indian_sukhoi

3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter - 72 ruppess per litre
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month - 200 rs
8. Ticket prices for movies - Normal theatres - 50rs, Multiplex - 100+

average american

Sounds very cheap compared to USA Prices considering 1.00 Indian Rupee = 0.0183 U.S. Dollar

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet $700 month for 1000 sq feet
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds $ 100 month for above in Florida.
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter $3.50 gallon
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month Not many use private schools maybe 800 month
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use $40
6. Domestic help cost per month $60 to $100 a day,,, daughter just had 4 people for 4 hours was 240 dollars.
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month $60 up to $150 for allmost everything.
8. Ticket prices for movies $10
9. Ticket prices for public transport $2
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride $8

Resturant $30 per person
Rice about $ .5 a pound. 50 cents.

Heres a site to buy fanniemae forclosures in US,,,, give you an idea of home prices.http://www.homepath.com/search.html...5&pi=&mlsid=&bhi=&y=11&x=53&pa=&st=FL&bdi=&ci

Federal Minimum Wage of $7.25 per hour.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
I live in Calcutta and it is cheaper than most of the metros.

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet - I live in my own house and so I cannot say what it costs. Also, it depends on the size of the apartment and the locality. But real estate prices are the cheapest when viewed versus other metros or so I am told

2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds - it has been going up and I find it of no use to check that. My monthly bill comes between :inr: 5000 to 10,000. I use many electrical appliances. It will go up now that the govt will give only 6 gas cylinders on subsidised price.

3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter - again, I have given up knowing what is the lastest as it keeps changing as per the international prices and the local taxes.

4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month. - my children are working and so this is a burden I am saved from.

5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use - :inr: 1700 landline and :inr: 1000 on mobile.

6. Domestic help cost per month - :inr: 9000 (this includes the janitor, gardener who comes once a week, washerman, maid part time from the Centre)7. DTV or cable TV charges per month - my wife pays and so I am not too sure.

8. Ticket prices for movies - I don't see movies.

9. Ticket prices for public transport - It is too chaotic for me to attempt using it.

10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride - my wife pays and I am fatalistic about the fare. If I have to use the taxi, I might as well pay what the meter reads.

In short, what one cannot change, I believe get used to it and if it is too much, then don't use and change your lifestyle schedule.

I used to play golf daily, but the very thought of driving through chaotic traffic has put me off trying it any more.

I miss golf, but I don't wish to meet with an accident leading to too many complication with the law, insurance, repairs and maybe broken bones and hospitalisation!

Sorry if you don't find it useful.
well, it is impressive that you can afford so many domestic helps (ncludes the janitor, gardener who comes once a week, washerman, maid part time from the Centre)..........

but it is more impressive such luxery domestic helps cost only 9000 rupees/per month.

In china, such a "luxery life " with so many domestic helps would be labeled as " king-like life" and can hardly be imagined.....

CHinese rich families usually hire one full-time housekeeper at most and one full-time housekeeper cost 2500RMB here at least and more in coast China,plus free food and lodge.

BTW, I never thought that you are soo old that you son has worked..........haha...

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Sounds very cheap compared to USA Prices considering 1.00 Indian Rupee = 0.0183 U.S. Dollar

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet $700 month for 1000 sq feet
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds $ 100 month for above
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter $3.50 gallon
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month Not many use private schools maybe 800 month
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use $40
6. Domestic help cost per month $60 to $100 a day,,, daughter just had 4 people for 4 hours was 240 dollars.
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month $60 up to $150 for allmost everything.
8. Ticket prices for movies $10
9. Ticket prices for public transport $2
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride $8

Resturant $30 per person
Resturant 30RMB per person here..hahaha

it seems that RMB indeed is serioulsy undervalued.....and that is why USA's economy is always being asskicked by CHina's.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
like Ray Sir said, varies from city to city.
I live in Bangalore one of the most expensive cities to live in.

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet ÷ Depends on the area. Rent can vary from Rs 10/ sqft to 30 maybe 40/sqft
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds : - One unit Is about Rs 6.
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter: Petrol lost 74.50 per liter
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month : My kids goes to one of the Oldest schools in Bangalore. Fees is 45,000 per year. But I know of schools charging 100,000 to 200,000 per year.
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use : 1000 for the wired line including unlimited broadband @4 mbps
6. Domestic help cost per month ÷ 2500 for 2-3 hours of work.
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month ÷ I pay 5500 per year package & 1700 per extra TV.
8. Ticket prices for movies ÷ 150 on weekdays can go upto 300
9. Ticket prices for public transport : Bangalore has multiple bus services. Lower category ones cost about Rs 5 for a 2km distance to Rs 10
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride ÷ we have autos in Bangalore Rs 10/km. Call taxis cost Rs 300 for 10 kms

badguy2000

Respected Member
like Ray Sir said, varies from city to city.
I live in Bangalore one of the most expensive cities to live in.

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet ÷ Depends on the area. Rent can vary from Rs 10/ sqft to 30 maybe 40/sqft
2. Electricity cost per KWH in house holds : - One unit Is about Rs 6.
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter: Petrol lost 74.50 per liter
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month : My kids goes to one of the Oldest schools in Bangalore. Fees is 45,000 per year. But I know of schools charging 100,000 to 200,000 per year.
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use : 1000 for the wired line including unlimited broadband @4 mbps
6. Domestic help cost per month ÷ 2500 for 2-3 hours of work.
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month ÷ I pay 5500 per year package & 1700 per extra TV.
8. Ticket prices for movies ÷ 150 on weekdays can go upto 300
9. Ticket prices for public transport : Bangalore has multiple bus services. Lower category ones cost about Rs 5 for a 2km distance to Rs 10
10.Taxi fare for a 10km ride ÷ we have autos in Bangalore Rs 10/km. Call taxis cost Rs 300 for 10 kms
what is most impressive is the cheap domestic help...

I am looking for a babysitter for my baby....but here I can find one,even with a monthly salary of 3000RMB(21K rupees) plus free food and lodge,because most local babysitters are going back home for CHInese new year and not ready to take jobs before Chinese new year.

BTW.....Mr. Ray hire sooo many domestic helps...it is really quite hard to imagine in CHina......

I know several Chinese billionnaires,but they just hire only one full-time housekeeper at most .

Mr. Ray would absolutely belongs to 1% ,if he lived in CHina. hahah:taunt:

Last edited:

Ash

Country flag
Hi guys, a window into the life of South Africans. I have converted South African rands to rupees. exchange rate R1= INR 6.2 and R8.6 = 1USD

I own my own house but currently value is = INR 43400/ sq metre
Gas= INR 72 per litre 93 Octane, 95 Octane is more, Disel is slightly higher than 93 Octane
School fees, my 5 yr old son is in Grade 0(preschool -private)-cost per year = INR 173600, my daughter 7 years old, grade 2 = INR 133929 per year (semi private)
Domestic help = INR 868 per day
Satellite T.V. = INR 3720 per month
Movies ticket = INR 240- 527
Public transport , I have no idea

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
what is most impressive is the cheap domestic help...

I am looking for a babysitter for my baby....but here I can find one,even with a monthly salary of 3000RMB(21K rupees) plus free food and lodge,because most local babysitters are going back home for CHInese new year and not ready to take jobs before Chinese new year.

BTW.....Mr. Ray hire sooo many domestic helps...it is really quite hard to imagine in CHina......

I know several Chinese billionnaires,but they just hire only one full-time housekeeper at most .

Mr. Ray would absolutely belongs to 1% ,if he lived in CHina. hahah:taunt:
2500 for two hours work is pretty steep by Indian standards.
My employees in the shop are paid between 5-10k and they work 8-9 hours!

But domestic maids are hard to get in my city. You have to also include that the maid will not come to work for 5-6 days minimum and still be paid for those absent days. Otherwise they will leave.

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag

1. Condo or apartment cost per square feet : ~ Rs 80000/ sq Gaj (or yard), prices are ever increasing in Delhi.
3. Gasoline or petrol cost per liter: i use public transport onlee :D
4. Schoole fees per kid in a good private school per month: mine was Rs 4500/year (Govt aided, 3 years ago).
5. Mobile phone bill per month for average use: I rarely call someone, they ----ing call me. SMS, i hate messaging.
6. Domestic help cost per month: :noidea:
7. DTV or cable TV charges per month:Rs 200/- month
8. Ticket prices for movies: ~ Rs 250/- (after 12 p.m.) for 3D, Rs 200/- for 2D
9. Ticket prices for public transport: I pay sometimes Rs 35-40 for a 3 Km ride from my house to Metro Station.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles