Cyprus holds two Pakistanis suspected of extremist links

ifii

Tihar Jail
Banned
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Two Pakistanis have been arrested in Cyprus on suspicion of having links to radical Islamic groups after a tipoff from a foreign intelligence agency, authorities said on Friday.

More...

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
NICOSIA (Reuters) - Two Pakistanis have been arrested in Cyprus on suspicion of having links to radical Islamic groups after a tipoff from a foreign intelligence agency, authorities said on Friday.

More...
Goodness! US, UK, Spain, Thailand, Germany, Italy, Pakistan and now Cyprus!! And everytime it is Pakistanis who end up getting caught! How much more proof does USA need to sanction them!? :angry_10: I think we have to wait for WikiLeaks to come up with the final official documents that say about Pentagon endorsing terror strikes in India. That would seal the pomp and show of the visit BO made this year. Bless the owner of Wikileaks; He did so much at the risk of personal security from FBI.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Double post ... self delete.

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

Pakistanis seem to be synonyms for the word terrorists

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Just to add to the list of countries that Tsherin missed where Pakistanis with some form of terrorist links were arrested.

Greece, Chile, Indonesia, South Korea, Afghanistan, Iran, India, Maldives, Bangladesh and Nepal. They have truly infested all he countries and are ready to blow themselves up for their 72 raisins.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Pakistan is going through one of its toughest phases ever I think. Look at the list, what has not happened - war, flood, inflation, insurgency, communal violence, economic disasters, relentless scandals-humiliation, all sorts of trouble emanating from WOT (regardless of which side they are) ...
I don't live there but if this much would happen here, the entire nation's very mood its very confidence level would hit rock bottom. Seems like its not very different from that in Pakistan today.
I see two possibilities for them - either they rein in the extremism which is intitutionalised in their country, their mentality; and come out of this mess as a better nation OR .. they continue like this and end up ravaged by some kind of war (international or civil) or tragedy as the last nail on coffin.
I'm watching ...

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Terrorist word should not be used instead pakistani word should be used to describe them.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
Pakistan is going through one of its toughest phases ever I think. Look at the list, what has not happened - war, flood, inflation, insurgency, communal violence, economic disasters, relentless scandals-humiliation, all sorts of trouble emanating from WOT (regardless of which side they are) ...
I don't live there but if this much would happen here, the entire nation's very mood its very confidence level would hit rock bottom. Seems like its not very different from that in Pakistan today.
I see two possibilities for them - either they rein in the extremism which is intitutionalised in their country, their mentality; and come out of this mess as a better nation OR .. they continue like this and end up ravaged by some kind of war (international or civil) or tragedy as the last nail on coffin.
I'm watching ...

Regards,
Virendra
Virendra bhai, it would perhaps just take you about a few minutes to visit Pakistani sites whether forums, news media or information sites to see what they think of. Having stayed in, got banned and come out of a Pakistani forum, I must have easily argued with more than 5 dozen Pakistanis and for 1 person's research I think this is a considerable sample size to draw estimations from. They don't see these problems as something local; they see it as something created by us. They are adamant that we have hand in Balochistan, FATA, Af-Pak and even their recent sectarian violence. Reports stating Indian agents getting caught fly all over the forum and any line that puts India after the word of their country just sends sparks all over the thread and becomes a warzone.

I don't want to point fingers here but we all can check from a very specific Pakistani member here about the mentality that most have about their problems. I doubt this would change anytime soon.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Virendra bhai, it would perhaps just take you about a few minutes to visit Pakistani sites whether forums, news media or information sites to see what they think of. Having stayed in, got banned and come out of a Pakistani forum, I must have easily argued with more than 5 dozen Pakistanis and for 1 person's research I think this is a considerable sample size to draw estimations from. They don't see these problems as something local; they see it as something created by us. They are adamant that we have hand in Balochistan, FATA, Af-Pak and even their recent sectarian violence. Reports stating Indian agents getting caught fly all over the forum and any line that puts India after the word of their country just sends sparks all over the thread and becomes a warzone.

I don't want to point fingers here but we all can check from a very specific Pakistani member here about the mentality that most have about their problems. I doubt this would change anytime soon.
Well tshering even I am not very optimistic. You can bring one lost soul back on line, but an entire nation ??
Yes, it would surely be difficult.
However, so much trouble in neighborhood is a matter of concern. You never know if this anarchy turns out to be good for us or bad. So ... worried.

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles