Cult of Mao should be reassessed

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Cult of Mao should be reassessed, says grandson

The deification of Chairman Mao went too far and China's revolutionary leader should now be now regarded as an "ordinary man", according to his sole grandson.

Mao Xinyu, grandson of Chairman Mao Tse-Tung, arrives at the 12th National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, China

"Many people have been put on an altar, including my grandfather," said Major General Mao Xinyu, 43, at an annual political meeting in Beijing.

"But now, only by transforming them back into real people can they be understood and accepted by the public, who will then want to learn from them," he added.

Mr Mao is a lecturer of Maoist studies at Guangzhou university. "Huge changes have taken place in the 37 years since grandpa passed away, but his thought is not outdated," he said.

He added that corruption was a key issue. "Some party and govt leaders today sing slogans like 'serve the people' everyday but the democratic supervision is simply non-existent."

The chubby Mr Mao has been roundly poked fun at on the Chinese internet for his physique, however. One joke widely reposted on Sina Weibo, China's version of Twitter, was posted under a photograph of Mr Mao walking to the CPPCC in his uniform. "My mum told me since I was little that a military uniform looks good on everyone. When she saw this picture, she finally admitted defeat," the joke went.

Cult of Mao should be reassessed, says grandson - Telegraph

A couple of issues that come to mind.

Can such fat people really be a part of the PLA?

How can such a fat young man be a Major General of the PLA? Are ranks given in China as if some ancient lord is distributing largesse to obedient serfs?

Do such fat young Major Gens actually get involved with military planning and other activities as a part of the professional cadre?

And if Mao's grandson says so, it is really true that half the stories of greatness and grandeur and achievements are all cooked up to befool all!

What is the reality?

satish007

Cult of Mao should be reassessed, says grandson

Ray, although you posts some Mao poems but I don't think you really know Mao.
That guy is not his son but nephew, he has not son or him is only Mao's stepson.
Chinese old saying "Good cats never leave descendants", Mao dead before all his sons dead. that' why good cats are so hard to find.
Mao is a extremely smart guy.

GromHellscream

Ray, although you posts some Mao poems but I don't think you really know Mao.
That guy is not his son but nephew, he has not son or him is only Mao's stepson.
Chinese old saying "Good cats never leave descendants", Mao dead before all his sons dead. that' why good cats are so hard to find.
Mao is a extremely smart guy.
You got the wrong info. The young Mao is the son of the second son of Mao and his first wife Yang.

His father had some mentality defects because of childhood prison life.

His uncle, elder brother of his father, died in North Korea under the bombard of USAF.

satish007

You got the wrong info. The young Mao is the son of the second son of Mao and his first wife Yang.

His father had some mentality defects because of childhood prison life.

His uncle, elder brother of his father, died in North Korea under the bombard of USAF.
毛新宇生父徐文伯回忆徐海东大将..
My tiny mistake , He is Mao's grandson in law.

but as our Indian forumers tell us, Mao need a woman everynight, mao should have some real descendants.
rumor after his only son dead, he even called Zhou to check them out.
anyway, we should not focus on his private life.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
毛新宇生父徐文伯回忆徐海东大将..

but as our Indian forumers tell us, Mao need a woman everynight, mao should have some real descendants.
I have also heard or read that Mao required a new girl every night.

But I think that is an exaggeration!

His doctor has written a Biography.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Mao's Marriages:

Mao Tse-tung was married four times.

Woman Luo. Luo was Mao's 18-year-old cousin. Mao referred to her age as 20, but that is considered an exaggeration.

They were married when Mao was 14, c.1907-1908, in an arranged marriage. The couple never lived together. Luo was born in c.1889 in Shaoshan and died in 1910.

Yang Kai-hui. Yang was the daughter of one of Mao's teachers at the Changsha provincial normal school. Married in 1921, they had two or three sons. Yang was executed in 1930 by the KMT/Kuomintang forces.

He Zichen aka Ho Tzu-chen and Ho Zizhen. Born c.1910 in Jiangxi. Mao had lived with He Zichen since 1928 when she was 18. They married in 1930 in Jiangxi, and had five daughters.

She accompanied Mao on the Long March of October, 1934 and had one of their children on the march. She was in poor health and Mao sent her to the Soviet Union for medical treatment.

While she was away, Mao fell in love with Lan Ping.

His marriage with He Zichen ended in divorce in 1939 in Yan'an. She was reportedly confined to a mental hospital in Russia. She died in 1984.

Lan Ping, aka Yunhe, Jiang Qing, and Chiang Ching. Born c.1913-1914. Lan Ping abandoned an arranged marriage, and had two other failed marriages. Lan and Mao met at one of his lectures in 1934 in Yenan. Mao married Jiang Qing in 1938-1939. They had two daughters. She was an outspoken film actress.

Although it was love and passion at first sight, in later years the couple was not close.

Mao's Children:

Due to conflicting reports, the number of children that Mao had is unknown. It is believed that he fathered seven to ten children, abandoning several daughters when they were babies. He did not have close relationships with his children, even when they were adults.

Son, Mao An-ying aka Sergei. Born c.1920, his mother was Yang Kai-hui. He was educated in Moscow. He was married to Liu Sigi aka Liu Songlin. He was a Russian interpreter in China. He died in the Korean War in 1950.

Son, Mao Anging aka Mao An-ch'ing and Nikolai. Born c.1924. His mother was Yang Kai-hui. He was educated in Moscow. He was married to Shao Hua and had a son, Mao Xinyu. He is said to have had mental problems and institutionalized in Darien, Manchuria.

Son, Mao An-lung. Born c.1926. His mother was Yang Kai-hui. He reportedly was adopted by another family after his mother's death.

Daughter, Li Min. Her mother was He Zichen. She was married to Kong Linghua and had a son, Kong Ji'ning and a daughter, Kong Dongmei.
Four other daughters by He Zichen. Two were said to be abandoned on the Long March. He Zichen is said to have spent many years searching for her lost children.

Daughter, Li Na aka Hsiao Li. Her mother was Jiang. She was married to Wang Jingqing and had a son, Wang Xiaozhi. Li Na was educated at Peking University and became a historian and journalist.

Daughter, Li Min. Her mother was Jiang.

Other sources state that Mao had other children but they were abandoned, left in the care of peasant families, or held as semi-hostages in the Soviet Union.

GromHellscream

毛新宇生父徐文伯回忆徐海东大将..

His father is Mao Anqing(毛岸青), how many times should i remind u your mistakes?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles