Crowd attacks US ambassador in Beijing

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And guess what?

The Chinese said 'Down with US Imperialism'! :eek:

The Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei tweeted a photograph of the protest on Tuesday afternoon, and said the crowd had chanted: "Down with US imperialism" and "Pay us back our money!" referring to the trillion dollars or so of US government debt that China holds.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...6/Crowd-attacks-US-ambassador-in-Beijing.html
Maybe they are right since they now believe it is 'Up with Chinese Imperialism'! :pound:

You can't best the Chinese in saying something and meaning something else! ;)

Last edited:

amoy

You cannot compare the two events. One was a accident which happened in a war zone, and the other looks like the Government is giving a long rope to the protestors, in a country where protest is clamped down hard.
Okay, so it's just an "incident" for the Ambassador's sedan too, no one was killed like in Chinese Belgrade embassy. Why overhyping? It's close to the Japanese embassy isn't it?

If u think it's the govnt who steered the protest then u have a pretty blurred view of Chinese grassroot sentiments.

sob

Mod
Country flag
amoy, the Chinese grass root sentiment has always been there, but the Government has followed a very strict policy that they will not allow any form of dissent. All demonstrations are effectively challenged.

In this backdrop any protest happening in one of the main cities of the country going out of hand, is a little difficult to believe in.

By the way the accidental bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade was totally reprehensible. It cannot be condoned but we need to draw a line between error and actually planned operation.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China had got the parts of the downed Stealth Bomber and so....... before it went out, maybe that is why the Chinese Embassy was bombed by 'mistake'.

Conspiracy theory!

huaxia rox

WTF- why should there be in protest in US Embassy when the dispute is with Japan?
Chinese are now also employing lahori logic
1 the logic is very clear becoz the US handed diaoyudao to japanese....the us occupied diaoyudao after ww2 and diaoyudao should be given to china....while the whole issue was complicated coz it also involved both prc and roc (aka taiwan) which made the us hard to decide which 1 should be given to but the fact that the us always doesnt want a more unified east asia of which the form might potentially and effectively challenge the us and its interest made the us decide to give diaoyudao japan..........and apprently the us has scored a lot having done that.......

2 an ambassador should be protected and never be treated in this way unless some 1 commits crime so i m personally against this sort of events.......how ever compared to some protesters like indian muslims against the us these guys in prc were just pretty mild....

average american

Typical mob behavior,, was about 60 kids and the US and Japnese embassys are close togather. Chinese people have a lot of frustrations and dont have the courage to express it against their own goverment at this time....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Typical mob behavior,, was about 60 kids and the US and Japnese embassys are close togather. Chinese people have a lot of frustrations and dont have the courage to express it against their own goverment at this time....
That would be against the age old Chinese custom of Legalism!

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have head china cites 13th century and even some tims 200 bc maps to claim territor!

I think india should also do the same and claim the whole indian subcontinent

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
I have head china cites 13th century and even some times 200 BC maps to claim territory!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have head china cites 13th century and even some times 200 BC maps to claim territory!

You must read the Annals of the Great Historian.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles