Crisis in Tibet - Opression and Human rights violations by China

Discussion in 'Subcontinent & Central Asia' started by ahmedsid, Mar 10, 2009.

1. SADAKHUSH

SADAKHUSH Senior Member Senior Member

Re: What should China do to Tibet?

Do you really want to compare the rights of natives in two different lands? I think that is where you want to go. How many native Indians in America are thrown in jails or commit self immolation due to the fact that ancestral land was occupied by whites of Europe? Can you gather some facts and figures to make a comparison? I am aware of social and economic challenges being faced by natives of North America but they are not the magnitude that Tibetans are having to put up with.

There is one Tibet and no need to make it into Great Tibet or so called south Tibet. In the near future you might also claim one day that Inuit people of Canada are Hans as well to suit your logic. Time to get off the high horse that you are riding and face the reality which is most of the people in the world do not accept the Tibet as a part of China, it was a free nation and will be free one day again.

2. vikaskumar11233

vikaskumar11233 Tihar Jail Banned

The development in China does not supports Tibet anyhow.As China just wants to grab more land of the neighbor countries.Human rights means nothing for this nation.China believes in only one thing money and economic development and just try to play strategically with the neighbor countries like with India ,they just want Arunachal pradesh.But they doesn't know that we will not repeat 1965.Its 21 century and we are on our way to become superpower.

3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Does prove that the Tibetans love the Han Chinese and the wonderful work done by the Communists Party of China.

4. Om Shanti

Om Shanti New Member

I am not Saying Sikh are/were coward but In that war they were overran by Chinese, Gurkha also suffer many casulties when flank cover Sikh was Overran i.e Chinese cross the river the sikh regiment were guarding and surround the Gurkha regiment . Living proof is my Grand Father who was shot in backside of head and stomach but luckily he is alive today but goes insane after every 2-3 hour of normal life. According to him , failure was
    1.Surprise attack
    2.Lack of co-ordination among Regiments.Sikh refused to share ammo with Gurkha regiment and was later overran.
    3.Mainly Lack of Balls of INDIAN officer, Soldiers were given retreat order, some order didn't reach forward in time platoon of both Gurkha and Sikh regiment and they were isolated.My Grand Father Havaldar Major was in forward line when these happen.He was lucky to have good colleague who carried him.
    4.No re-enforcement in time.Lack of food and ammo.
    5.Mainly Lack of Leadership not in front line but in pencil pushers.

5. Hadoken

Hadoken New Member

let me give my 2 cents here. Whats happening in Tibet unfortunately is no different to whats happening in Sikkim , Assam, Darjeeling and to a certain degree Kashmir. You basically have 2 big bullies who have taken over foreign lands at gun pointed and have appointed themselves as the care takers of the locals. Keep in mind that the locals of these regions mentioned heavily oppose the influence of the oppressors. This is a scope from a 3rd party without any bias.

Prove me wrong, how is India any different to China in these matters?

6. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Moderator

Oh, India is different because all of these states elect their own government and participate in General Elections.

Also, lol @ Assam and Darjeeling. Troll harder.

7. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

I would say India today is what it had at the time British quit, except for Goa. China annexed Tibet in 1959. Please correct me if I am wrong.

sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
  8. Hadoken

Hadoken New Member

So I am a troll for giving you an opinion which does not mirror yours?
    While each state does have the ability to pick its own government, consider this:
    1. The change in demographics of those states have made it so that the locals will never have their own needs fulfilled
    2. Even if they were to have their own government, the central government would NEVER allow seperation from India.

3. Assam, Darjeeling was never part of India, The British annaxed it for you and decided it to gift it as a parting gift. You dont ofcourse think any non-islamic community in south asia automatically belongs to India do you?

I just see vast similarities between India and China. Now tell me why you disagree without accusing me of trolling.

9. CCP

CCP Senior Member Senior Member

You should look at your old maps before you made that conclusion.

10. W.G.Ewald

"For several years the Tibetan Government remained in place in the areas of Tibet where it had ruled prior to the outbreak of hostilities, except for the area surrounding Qamdo that was occupied by the PLA in 1950, which was placed under the authority of the Qamdo Liberation Committee and outside the Tibetan Government’s control." Shakaya, 1999.

I have not found the link to that source.

Perhaps you have a map source.

11. CCP

[​IMG]

12. W.G.Ewald

"Antique map"?

Wargame likes this.
  13. CCP

for sure it not later than "1959" or "1950".

14. W.G.Ewald

It was dated 1900, I believe.

Wargame likes this.
  15. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Moderator

Wrong again. If anything, the demographics are skewed towards the secessionists.

Lol. Ask yourself this:
    1. What is a republic?
    2. Am I failing at trolling?

16. Wargame

Wargame Regular Member

yeah says 1900's