Cow slaughtering mob clashes with Cops in Gujarat village

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Graphic Warning

Let me say right away that I'm quite surprised our sickular English media did not yet cover this incident of Oct 16th .. or perhaps not so surprised.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sansrod is a village in Karjan taluka of Vadodara district in central Gujarat. It is located next to national highway no.8. The population of this village is around 10,000 and is muslim dominated. The village sarpanch is Muslim.

-On Id-Ul-Zuha(Bakr Eid) day (Wednesday, 16th October 2013) Shinor police's ASI Bhupendrasinh Gumansinh was in Karjan where Karjan CPI(Circle Police Inspector) Vala received information about slaughter of cows. The information was passed on by well known local animal right activist Jatin Vyas.

-A team of police visited Sansrod to raid the place where slaughter was being carried out. When police team reached, two dead bodies of calves were lying there, photos of which are published in some Gujarati newspapers today.

-Four butchers were caught red-handed. Later police involved itself in panchnama procedure.

-According to head constable/driver Bhagvangiri Shankargiri, suddenly there was a voice like a siren from the mosque. Soon a large mob of over 200 Muslims gathered there. Some of them were possessing sharp weapons.

-Bhupendra sinh was attacked with sharp weapon on his chest and back, and was also beaten up with bamboo stick.

-Other police men were injured in heavy stone pelting.

-PSI Sagar fired two rounds in air. 22 tear gas shells were lobbed.

-Muslims snatched PSI Sagar's revolver and threw it to rain water channel. A JCB excavator machine was employed on urgent basis to recover revolver. After hours of efforts, revolver was found out.

-Police men FD Solanki, Rajendrasinh Lallubhai and Jesingbhai and Vanraj Bharwad ran away and had shelter in one house owned by local Hindu Vasantbhai Bhatt. Muslims surrounded the house from all sides and refused policemen to allow to leave. This situation continued for three hours.

-District police chief and other senior police officials got the details of the incident and rushed to the village, but choose to camp outside the village at Hindustan Petroleum pump on national highway no.8. District Collector, DySP and others also rushed to the the petrol pump.

-One police man abducted by villagers escaped successfully. He managed to get basic medical treatment nearby and reached petrol pump.

-At petrol pump, District police chief called local Muslim leaders one-by-one to talk about release of abducted policemen.

-Local Muslim leaders Altaf Yakul Saleh, Sarpanch Abbasbhai Asodwala and Babu Bavla made condition that they would free the abducted cops only in exchange of release of four butchers arrested from the village. The DSP clearly told Muslims, "this is not Kashmir. If you wish to kill abducted policemen, go ahead, we will do what we need to do, but culprits will not be released."

-After 12.00 the three police men were released and taken to petrol pump in police vehicle. They said they were not harmed during abduction.

-According to a report in local newspaper, 200 strong mob gathered to attack the police men only after an announcement from mosque. Women were kept on front side. Police was first attacked with chilly powder, and later with stones.

-Those arrested are Ismael Ahmed Limdawala, Harukh Mohammadhussain Bau Diwan, Abdul Ibrahim Limdawala, Mayuddin Umarji Ghanina.

-Muslims torched one police jeep.

-Muslim teenagers blocked a road connecting to the village by putting a tree and a bullock cart to prevent police's entry.

-Police has filed complaint against a mob of 100-124 persons. More than 39 were identified within ours.

-All 100-125 are now facing charged under sections 307, 326, 395, 397, 353, 186, 332, 333, 224, 427, 428, 429, 435, 201.

9.55: Police raided Sansrod village
10.20: Gau Raksha volunteer ran away to rescue his life.
10.28: Attack on police.
10.50: PSI and others injured taken to hospital.
11.03: Dy SP Usha Rada arrived and camped outside the village.
11.28: Police team was waiting for more force to arrive.
11.45: DSP Sandip Sinh arrived at petrol pump.
11.51: Village leader Altaf Saleh met DSP.
11.59: Sarpanch Abbas Asodwala arrived at petrol pump and met the DSP.
12.07: Village leader Babu Bavla met the DSP.
12.13: DSP held meeting with village leaders.
12.15: Police team went inside the village in a jeep with local Muslim leaders.
12.20:Three abducted police men were taken to petrol pump.
1.22: District collector reached petrol pump.
3.00:Range IG Anupamsinh Gehlot reached petrol pump and met the DSP.
6.15: Police complaint filed.

Following pics of the incident were released by a local newspaper in Vadodara.

There have been three more arrests in the case now. The police has filed complaint against 100-125 persons and 39 of them are identified. The accused face serious sections including attempt of murder. Police also rescued 87 cows illegally kept for slaughter from the village. Police carried out a combing operation in village in full force.
Meanwhile the Vishwa Hindu Parishad has declared one-day bandh call on Friday in Karjan. Local Jain organizations have backed the bandh call.

Further reading :
Sansrod-village - Latest News on Sansrod-village | Read Breaking News on Zee News
This is not Kashmir: When Vadodara DSP told Sansrod Muslims | DeshGujarat
Three more arrested, 87 cows rescued at Sansrod village | DeshGujarat

Regards,
Virendra

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
If Muslim want to eat beef and if the State law allows, then there should be no hindrance.

However, whatever be the case, this type of butchery cannot be condoned.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
If Muslim want to eat beef and if the State law allows, then there should be no hindrance.
Sir if anything within the ambit of law was happening there, the Cops wouldn't have gone there to stop it in the first place.
Strange thing that none of the usually screaming Arnab Goswamis or the righteously worried Barkhas and Rajdeeps took it seriously .. none of the major channels.
But god forbid if one of the faith fools had been harmed .. then you would've seen the fury in mainstream media. In fixing blames and victims, they would swap goats with bulls at incredible impunity.

Regards,
Virendra

JBH22

if we follow their logic then chopping off pork should not hurt their sentiments.

sydsnyper

Country flag
@Ray sir - What is concerning about this incident is not that there was a straight forward 'clash' with the police. The mullas were able to gather 200 people and have them attack the police just by justifying the act in the name of religion. This is quite similar to what has been happening in Kashmir all these years and this precedent has been happening in almost all the cases in recent times right until the recent Muzzafarnagar riots (where even the army was shot at). This is dangerous to our nation and none in our sickular polity or media would highlight or being it to the attention of the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
The police has filed complaint against 100-125 persons and 39 of them are identified. The accused face serious sections including attempt of murder. Police also rescued 87 cows illegally kept for slaughter from the village. Police carried out a combing operation in village in full force.
Well, Karma is a... they will be paid for what they did, sections are non-bailable, attempt to murder of police officer's !! those Muslims are doomed!!

The DSP clearly told Muslims, "this is not Kashmir. If you wish to kill abducted policemen, go ahead, we will do what we need to do, but culprits will not be released."
:yey: very well said.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
@Ray sir - What is concerning about this incident is not that there was a straight forward 'clash' with the police. The mullas were able to gather 200 people and have them attack the police just by justifying the act in the name of religion. This is quite similar to what has been happening in Kashmir all these years and this precedent has been happening in almost all the cases in recent times right until the recent Muzzafarnagar riots (where even the army was shot at). This is dangerous to our nation and none in our sickular polity or media would highlight or being it to the attention of the nation.
I agree that all this overindulgence to appease vote bank politics is most exasperating.

There should be equality in law.

That is what uI have been advocating throughout this Forum.

If some have transgressed the Law, then religion cannot be used as an excuse for immunity.

I was shocked to see the head on the chair!

Did I see it right?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
This is a wimpish country.

The Gurkha troops and others used to have unit piggeries to supplement their rations.

And it was essential with the substandard stuff being issued.

But our populist Govt banned them since it would upset some people/ communal clash.,

How about the Govt doing something like a ban to the pigs that some Dalits raise?

Our Govts are frauds and all they can see is Votes; logic being strangers to their brain.

Last edited:

sydsnyper

Country flag
Head on a chair ????? I did not get you... ??? and I dont see the context of vote bank politics in what has been said in this thread.

I fear the resurgence of a nazi like movement based on barbaric religious ideologies coming from the middle east in India.... or wait, it is already happening now.

I dont get it, how do they get so many takers for evil sects like salafis and wahhabis but barely few for spiritual sufism.

I agree that all this overindulgence to appease vote bank politics is most exasperating.

There should be equality in law.

That is what uI have been advocating throughout this Forum.

If some have transgressed the Law, then religion cannot be used as an excuse for immunity.

I was shocked to see the head on the chair!

Did I see it right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I picture taken gave such an impression .

Closure check based on your question indicate I got the wrong impression based on an interesting angle of the photograph.

Vote bank because action should be such that one does not again do it again.

But everywhere there is always religion coming in the way.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Head on a chair ????? I did not get you... ??? and I dont see the context of vote bank politics in what has been said in this thread.

I fear the resurgence of a nazi like movement based on barbaric religious ideologies coming from the middle east in India.... or wait, it is already happening now.

I dont get it, how do they get so many takers for evil sects like salafis and wahhabis but barely few for spiritual sufism.
Sufis are among the most radical and fervent Muslims.

The Islamic world needs a resurgence of the Mu'tazila school and a return to the rationalism and openness of the medieval Islamic world. The Sufis, Salafis, and Wahhabis are all mindless radicals, just in different flavors.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Religion of Peace afterall... they celebrate by killings!!!!!

Where is the &&^$##^^&& Sickular Media???

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag

The Islamic world needs a resurgence of the Mu'tazila school and a return to the rationalism and openness of the medieval Islamic world. The Sufis, Salafis, and Wahhabis are all mindless radicals, just in different flavors.
Stop dreaming about this change... it is getting only worse.The medieval Islamic world was the same as in today and would remain since thats what they are ie Religion or Piece.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Stop dreaming about this change... it is getting only worse.The medieval Islamic world was the same as in today and would remain since thats what they are ie Religion or Piece.
If you don't know what you are talking about, then please STFU.

sydsnyper

Country flag
Its possible that the Sufis you speak of have been infected with the wahhabi/salafi dirt. The Sufis whose roots come from the Dervish practices, was original a very spiritual practice, bordering on bhaktimarga. At their core they believed in chanting, prayers, dancing and music for spiritual fulfillment and were open to ides foreign to islam.

The mughals all but wiped them off (in fact they flourished under many Hindu kings of the time) and they are now being cleansed in pakistan and other places.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
It can be argued that religious freedom and open mindedness depends on the limits of science in that era. Perhaps, in the medieval era rational thought was tolerated as long as the ideas were not contradictory to the religious books and reason was easier to accommodate with existing dogma. Now however, it would be very hard for an individual to be a person of the book alongside acknowledging modern scientific discoveries since the common ground is diminishing rather rapidly.
No, there were some rationalists/atheists in the Islamic world who openly and publicly denounced Islam in their writings.

This is a good article that talks about one of them, Abu Ala al-Ma'arri:
THE POETRY OF AN OLD ATHEIST | Pandaemonium

My favorite poem from him:
Humanity follows two world-wide sects:
One, intelligent man without religion,
The second, religious without intellect.
So true.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles