Counting prostitution and drugs in the GDP figure has seen the UK's economy overtake France

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
As I see it, it is quite a complex issue.

If prostitution is legalised, then should the Govt be responsible for AIDS victims?

The Govt will have to have a huge number of inspectors to see that there is no freelancing.

Wow. Seriously, by the same logic, since driving is legal, govt is responsible for road accidents?!?! :D

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Can you please provide some kind of reference for this claim ?
http://myweb.dal.ca/mgoodyea/files/...Brents J Interpers Viol 2005 20(3) 270-95.pdf

Humans unlike gold are not a tangible commodity that can be effectively monitored in the same way as Gold is ,
Prostitution is illegal in most parts of the world , networks that traffick women are almost always criminal,
Legalising prostitution in India wont turn those gangs who traffick women illegally outside into law abiding businessmen here
You can hide gold in your pocket. Can you hide a prostitute as well? Legal brothels can be visited by govt. agency, the prostitutes can be checked for disease etc.

It is illegal in most countries because it is considered taboo and not essentially because of its trafficking nature.

I dont think you see the obvious inductive effect of having legal foreign prostitutes in the country

There is too much of poverty here to motivate a much higher number of Indian women to turn to prostitution once it has been legalised.

Doesnt make sense, Come again ??

Most of prostitues are trafficked or coerced into prostitution, there are very few who join the profession willingly.
Indian women do not go into prostitution because of societal reasons. It would motivate some of them but not all. I am not advocating to allow free advertisement.

There are few who join willingly. But the question is what do we want? Do we want those who are trafficked an unmonitored life of hell or give them some chance of better life through legal recourse. In the latter case having legal brothels would make more sense.

Also, not to forget demand side of the story. A large number of Indian males are going to end up without female partners. Whether or like it or not, India is a fertile ground for prostitution to blossom.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Are you saying the Criminals who run Whorehouse would really care about which places "Govt" would decide? Once anything is legalized the criminals twist it to their advantage and at one point it would be too late to retreat.That's what you are not understanding and the consequences of how things turn into the deadly mix of whores+drugs+crimes.

We don't want our place to become "Thailand" or "Amsterdam" the Whore house of the world.

Even lot of 1st world countries are not making it legal barring some ultra liberal countries for whom it's a way to earn money and boost economy.
Do you even know about Amsterdam? Most of the activity is concentrated in one area.

Unless you can offer sex for super cheap prices in your neighbourhood, I do not see why it would appear in your area. By the logic you mentioned, there should have been no red light areas in area!

It is understanding cost and benefit. I did not say all girls would enter the market on free will or all pimps will disappear or everything will become legal. It is always the relative benefit.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Also, not to forget demand side of the story. A large number of Indian males are going to end up without female partners. Whether or like it or not, India is a fertile ground for prostitution to blossom.
Now that's a genuine problem and we all are responsible for it one way or another.

So instead of working towards the gender ratio issue you are suggesting to open Whorehouses since horny Indian males cant control their willy and it would prevent rapes? :dude:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Now that's a genuine problem and we all are responsible for it one way or another.

So instead of working towards the gender ratio issue you are suggesting to open Whorehouses since horny Indian males cant control their willy and it would prevent rapes? :dude:
Can you produce women out of thin air? If you can I will buy your idea.

I am more realist and do not allow biases to cloud my judgement.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
This is a document pertaining to pitiful condition of prositutes in Nevada , nothing here to back your claim
still though as i might have missed it ,
Can you please highlight the relevant portion of this 26 page document that says there are a lesser number of women trafficked where prostitution is deemed legal as opposed to where it is illegal.

You can hide gold in your pocket. Can you hide a prostitute as well? Legal brothels can be visited by govt. agency, the prostitutes can be checked for disease etc.
duh, YEAH !!
By not declaring they are not prostitues,
In the kind of Social climate that India has , do you really expect the prostitues to wear their profession on their sleeves ?

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Do you even know about Amsterdam? Most of the activity is concentrated in one area.

Unless you can offer sex for super cheap prices in your neighbourhood, I do not see why it would appear in your area. By the logic you mentioned, there should have been no red light areas in area!

It is understanding cost and benefit. I did not say all girls would enter the market on free will or all pimps will disappear or everything will become legal. It is always the relative benefit.
I know about Amstredam and seen enough programs based on prostitution in world. The things comes up in mind by thinking Amstredam and Thailand is "WHOREHOUSE of the World" since they officially chose to be so.

How is the situation is France? I have seen whores f**** in public/streets in videos and Eiffel Tower in nearby background and same in many other countries in EU.You want to turn India slowly into such liberal twisted society where about 40% are poor and deprived?

You are not thinking the practical terms and just some things where the assumption is that all the people involved would act as per "LAW".India doesn't run on LAW really.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
By not declaring they are not prostitues,
In the kind of Social climate that India has , do you really expect the prostitues to wear their profession on the sleeve ?
Get out of your 80s mindset.

Not declaring prostitution happens when benefits of not declaring are more than not declaring. If you slap brothels with 50% tax rate, obviously it would continue in black market.

The prostitutes can get enough ways to hide their profession even if it is legal.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Get out of your 80s mindset.
Stop attacking me and answer the issues,
Not declaring prostitution happens when benefits of not declaring are more than not declaring. If you slap brothels with 50% tax rate, obviously it would continue in black market.

The prostitutes can get enough ways to hide their profession even if it is legal
pure conjecture.

& I m still waiting for your reference.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
I know about Amstredam and seen enough programs based on prostitution in world. The things comes up in mind by thinking Amstredam and Thailand is "WHOREHOUSE of the World" since they officially chose to be so.

How is the situation is France? I have seen whores f**** in public/streets in videos and Eiffel Tower in nearby background and same in many other countries in EU.You want to turn India slowly into such liberal twisted society where about 40% are poor and deprived?

You are not thinking the practical terms and just some things where the assumption is that all the people involved would act as per "LAW".India doesn't run on LAW really.
In France it is banned and that is why you see them pimping in streets.

It is not liberal twisted society. It is the oldest profession in the world and Indians have recognized it since time immemorial. So, do not fall for victorian mindset. Allowing prostitution does not mean that you defend it as a great way of life.

India does not run on law. But it will when costs of running with law are less than without.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Proves Zilch.

If i m wrong, kindly correct me by quoting the relevant portion.
It is even in the abstract.

This article examines violence in legalized brothels in Nevada. Debates o
ver prosti
-
tution policies in the United States have long focused on questions of safe
ty and risk.
These discourses inevitably invoke the coupling of violence and prostitu
tion, though
systematic examinations of the relationship between the two are sparse. T
his article
explores the issue of violence in the Nevada brothel industry. By drawing o
n inter
-
views with prostitutes, managers, and policy makers, this article examin
es both pros-
titutes’ perceptions of safety and risk and brothel managers’ practices d
esigned to
mitigate violence. Discourses relate to three types of violence: interpe
rsonal vio-
lence against prostitutes, violence against community order, and sexual
ly transmit-
ted diseases as violence. The authors conclude by arguing that the legaliz
ation of
prostitution brings a level of public scrutiny, official regulation, and
bureaucratiza-
tion to brothels that decreases the risk of these 3 types of sy
stematic violence.

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
It is even in the abstract.

This article examines violence in legalized brothels in Nevada. Debates o
ver prosti
-
tution policies in the United States have long focused on questions of safe
ty and risk.
These discourses inevitably invoke the coupling of violence and prostitu
tion, though
systematic examinations of the relationship between the two are sparse. T
his article
explores the issue of violence in the Nevada brothel industry. By drawing o
n inter
-
views with prostitutes, managers, and policy makers, this article examin
es both pros-
titutes’ perceptions of safety and risk and brothel managers’ practices d
esigned to
mitigate violence. Discourses relate to three types of violence: interpe
rsonal vio-
lence against prostitutes, violence against community order, and sexual
ly transmit-
ted diseases as violence. The authors conclude by arguing that the legaliz
ation of
prostitution brings a level of public scrutiny, official regulation, and
bureaucratiza-
tion to brothels that decreases the risk of these 3 types of sy
stematic violence.
Your claim was , and i Quote
They are trafficked more in places where it is illegal.
This speaks of corelation between violence and legalization of prostituion, and it is merely an opinion, not a report.

I dont see a single statement here in your quote that backs your claim or is it something only you can see ?

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
In France it is banned and that is why you see them pimping in streets.

It is not liberal twisted society. It is the oldest profession in the world and Indians have recognized it since time immemorial. So, do not fall for victorian mindset. Allowing prostitution does not mean that you defend it as a great way of life.

India does not run on law. But it will when costs of running with law are less than without.
Ok so France has banned it BUT you want it legalized in India(a 3rd world country) :nono: :nono: but even then those Whores are on the street and challenging the law and f**** in open.It's not just the Whores but the pimps too who are in the drugs+crime stuff.

Do you even know that in Victorian times these Western people were very narrow minded and it was just when they discovered some sex manuals in India+China they started becoming "liberal"? Watch "History of Sex" which comes on History Channel.

India doesn't run on law and may not(at least near future) and when it becomes a law abiding nation we might discuss it BUT now no use of such debates.Even 1st world is divided on such Legal Whorehouse and you want India to take a lead and turn itself into a Whorehouse in the name of oldest profession? :nono: :nono:

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Ok so France has banned it BUT you want it legalized in India(a 3rd world country) :nono: :nono: but even then those Whores are on the street and challenging the law and f**** in open.It's not just the Whores but the pimps too who are in the drugs+crime stuff.

Do you even know that in Victorian times these Western people were very narrow minded and it was just when they discovered some sex manuals in India+China they started becoming "liberal"? Watch "History of Sex" which comes on History Channel.

India doesn't run on law and may not(at least near future) and when it becomes a law abiding nation we might discuss it BUT now no use of such debates.Even 1st world is divided on such Legal Whorehouse and you want India to take a lead and turn itself into a Whorehouse in the name of oldest profession? :nono: :nono:
It is a percentage argument. If legalization helps 60% of people, I will go with it. It would definitely help the buyers of sex, if not the other side. Not a healthy sign, but too few girls!

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Legalizing Prostitutin

I talked few NGO'S who rescued Prostitutes clearly said by legalizing Pro problems will MULTIPLY.You think we can solve 10 problems but instead 20 new problems will arise

Only pimps/corporate will get benefit.By Legalizing pro. instead of 10 women 100 women will suffer.(No women like to work as pro. money is the key factor)

Abduction,force,cheating,drugs etc etc will not stop even though it is legal.
NGOs are run by people who have no clue about anything. If prostitution becomes legal, most of them will lose jobs given it will come out in the open for public scrutiny. Right now they get money because they tell the world they go behind the scenes and help these poor women.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Are you saying the Criminals who run Whorehouse would really care about which places "Govt" would decide? Once anything is legalized the criminals twist it to their advantage and at one point it would be too late to retreat.That's what you are not understanding and the consequences of how things turn into the deadly mix of whores+drugs+crimes.

We don't want our place to become "Thailand" or "Amsterdam" the Whore house of the world.

Even lot of 1st world countries are not making it legal barring some ultra liberal countries for whom it's a way to earn money and boost economy.
Indians have been very open about sex and drugs. Please stop trying to foist Victorian mentality.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
NGOs are run by people who have no clue about anything. If prostitution becomes legal, most of them will lose jobs given it will come out in the open for public scrutiny. Right now they get money because they tell the world they go behind the scenes and help these poor women.
Prostitution will suddenly not end trafficking or other horrors but in the future with systemic reforms it'll ameliorate the situation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles