Countering Chinese influence in the Subcontinent

shotgunner

^ Good and intelligent post but you are preaching to a person who wont listen to other people's views.

Just google for badguy2000. You will find him on many military forums using the same logic.
"Everything that china does is right. If you dont agree then you are a fool".

badguy2000 must be some sort of internet sensation back home in china.

And if memory serves right badguy once said his father was in the PLA and was posted in Tibet. I may be wrong on his count though but the illogical and aggressive nature of his post reflects his background were ideological commitment counts more than logic.
I think one, language barrier, two, non-sense & hostility in this forum, and three, probably because of his age, bayguy2000 might become easily agitated & become aggressive.

In additions, nowadays young guys may look patriotic, even nationalist, because of the special social environment (sudden prosperity in some families, one child, parents less educated than offsprings, ...) here.

No worry, it seems that badguy2000 is not exactly bad (far from what white kids can do/say), just angry. Maybe I would exchange views with him in Chinese, and understand his behaviour more.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
So shotgunner,

How do you think the border problem between India and China should be resolved?

shotgunner

So shotgunner,

How do you think the border problem between India and China should be resolved?
A very good question, cos its answer may worth astronomical wealth for generations.

But are we going off topic? I am a new comer, don't know the rules.

IBM

how long China take a Begger country Unpak long??????????????????????

Avinash R

I think one, language barrier, two, non-sense & hostility in this forum, and three, probably because of his age, bayguy2000 might become easily agitated & become aggressive.

In additions, nowadays young guys may look patriotic, even nationalist, because of the special social environment (sudden prosperity in some families, one child, parents less educated than offsprings, ...) here.

No worry, it seems that badguy2000 is not exactly bad (far from what white kids can do/say), just angry. Maybe I would exchange views with him in Chinese, and understand his behaviour more.
Well there is no language barrier here, english is not the first language of most of the members here, but all people can communicate effectively.
And i fail to see the hostility that you mention. People get along with each other well enough to have a civilized discussion here. I agree age might be a factor but badguy has been on the forum "scene" so as to speak for many years now but i've not seen any positive comments from him regarding most of the topics. Even threads were china is not the topic he seems to be get agitated easily.

One child policy may have given rise to such tendencies as you say, but idk since i never encountered such person in my life. I'm friends with people who are the only child of their parents but they seem to get along well with others. No behaviourial issues with them.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
why are individuals being discussed on the forum, if any thing it is the message the person carries that needs to be debated and discussed. there is no need what so ever to discuss other individuals behavior or posting patterns. no more of such posts will be entertained on the forum.

thanks.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
This is a poorly written paper rife with inaccuracies, jingoism and faulty analysis. In fact, the entire premise is faulty.

US' involvement into Pakistan, which is one of the biggest case of a black hole investment in recent history has actually turned out to be a bonanza for China.

shotgunner

how long China take a Begger country Unpak long??????????????????????
I thought my English is limited, but after seeing this IBM thing ...
What are you talking about?
If anyone else can explain please also help

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
he ment that How long was china was going to support pakistan

shotgunner

he ment that How long was china was going to support pakistan
Thanks F-14. Did he say beggar country too?

Please relax on Pakistan, they certainly need help. How long? I don't know, probably as long as friendship (not just between administrators, there are a lot of civilian friendships too) is there and national interests are served.

Again, let me state my personal view (i) please think outside the box of "youe enemy's friend is your enemy, and (ii) I wish to have friendship with Indians and hope India & Pakistan become friends too

NikSha

Again, let me state my personal view (i) please think outside the box of "youe enemy's friend is your enemy, and (ii) I wish to have friendship with Indians and hope India & Pakistan become friends too
*snicker*

Yeah, cmon guys. It's not like a country like China or even Pakistan will ever backstab lil' ol' India.

I mean sure they tried a few.. hundred times in the past, but think outside the box ffs. While you're at it, think outside any other geometrical thingamajig and you will finally see the true picture..

.. that China and Pakistan are not to be trusted. Oh wait..

PS: I wish for world peace and the cure for cancer.

Tamil

Country flag
CHINA-PAKISTAN FRINDISH

CHINA- To Sell their second/copied weapons to world by show that pakistan is using.

PAKISTAN-Buy a cheap and Loan supplier of weapons they want.

IT IS CALLED FRIENDSHIP....

IBM

I thought my English is limited, but after seeing this IBM thing ...
What are you talking about?
If anyone else can explain please also help
Thanks for explaing my Chinese friend. I can understand that his english is weak and that why he can't understand the difference betwen pak and unpak. I refered unpak coz Pak has always been unpak towards India for the last 62 yrs (unpak means non pure). Anyhow back to topic. In today's volatile world, i think friendship between two countries depend upon capabilties or give and take. In the case of China and Pak, the only reason of friendship i see is the common enemy that is India. Otherwise pak has no value today. That y i said how long China will drag its friendship with Pak, who always asking for help or aid rather than contributing to something...

IBM

Thanks F-14. Did he say beggar country too?

Please relax on Pakistan, they certainly need help. How long? I don't know, probably as long as friendship (not just between administrators, there are a lot of civilian friendships too) is there and national interests are served.

I agree with ur point 1 thats why Indian and China r coming close. As far as point 2 again to my post earlier friendship in todays political world is give and take. So, we will always get terrorism from pak nothing else. So, no Q of friendship.

and there is a saying in english " If ur enemy is strong make him a friend" I think India and China working on that............

johnee

IBM,

How do you conclude that India and China are working on being friends? Though the topic is China-Pak friendship, my understanding is that the cornerstone for this 'friendship' is their common hostility towards India and its development. So, if you are saying that India and China are getting friendlier than that is a very bad news for China-Pak friendship.
-How can Pak be friends with China which is friends with India? What gain would Pak get out of it?
-Why would China continue its financial and diplomatic support to Pak(an almost bankrupt nation living on loans from foreign donor countries) when it has already befriended India?

As far as I can see, Pak serves only one objective that is to hamper the growth of India. Any country that tries to keep Pak afloat is working at this objective in long term. China and US are desperately helping(and hoping) that Pakistan doesnt implode and continues to drag its existence so that it can remain a thorn in India's flesh.

If and when India truly befriends US or China, then they cant befriend Pakistan. Friendship with India is mutually exclusive to friendship with Pakistan.
Just my 2 paise...

IBM

IBM,

How do you conclude that India and China are working on being friends? Though the topic is China-Pak friendship, my understanding is that the cornerstone for this 'friendship' is their common hostility towards India and its development. So, if you are saying that India and China are getting friendlier than that is a very bad news for China-Pak friendship.
-How can Pak be friends with China which is friends with India? What gain would Pak get out of it?
-Why would China continue its financial and diplomatic support to Pak(an almost bankrupt nation living on loans from foreign donor countries) when it has already befriended India?

As far as I can see, Pak serves only one objective that is to hamper the growth of India. Any country that tries to keep Pak afloat is working at this objective in long term. China and US are desperately helping(and hoping) that Pakistan doesnt implode and continues to drag its existence so that it can remain a thorn in India's flesh.

If and when India truly befriends US or China, then they cant befriend Pakistan. Friendship with India is mutually exclusive to friendship with Pakistan.
Just my 2 paise...

I agree with u at some extend but my view is that India and China r trying to getting closer coz of volatile political and economic world. Iam not saying that India is good friend of China.we have our own interest and they have theres. We r building CBM (confidence buliding measures) in terms of trade and commerce. which is good. Back to topic.

I agree with u that China and Pak has common enemy, probably thats y china helping pak. Now the Q is how long?????????? i guesss not very long. Pakistan is like tumor which feeds on donors body but at the same time destroy that body. pak is doing this by helping unrest via islamic revolution in chinese northwest provinces. China is not happy with that, china realise that pak is like tumor which is feeding on her body and if she wananan lives, she has to operate that tumor.

your Q 2. that US and china helping pak against India. I dont agree with u. Iam not sure about china but US certainly not. If u see last 62 yrs of pak history U.S helping them in all fields. If u follow rocket sceince, pak would have been a developed country or at par with India with US suppport by now. But in reality if u take nuclear word out of pak its nothing more than somalia on this earth. Pak has the largest debt on her which she cant pay,i live in UK . I watch pak channels like geo,ary, ptv. trust me the pic is very scary in pak. 16 hours electric cut in karachi, industry has cloapsed there,probelm in swat, there national budget is made in US by IMF and world bank. politically they r revolting against each other. the policies r made in U.S not in there parliment.

Pak is a muslim country. Nobody want muslim country to be nuclear and powerfull. In reality US aid to pak is to control that country not to make her stronger against india.

shotgunner

*snicker*

Yeah, cmon guys. It's not like a country like China or even Pakistan will ever backstab lil' ol' India.

I mean sure they tried a few.. hundred times in the past, but think outside the box ffs. While you're at it, think outside any other geometrical thingamajig and you will finally see the true picture..

.. that China and Pakistan are not to be trusted. Oh wait..

PS: I wish for world peace and the cure for cancer.
Oh WT.. they tried few.. hundred times B4, any links?
Still dun see no "true picture" after thinking outside of all whatchamacallit.
Peace.

shotgunner

Thanks for explaing my Chinese friend. I can understand that his english is weak and that why he can't understand the difference betwen pak and unpak. I refered unpak coz Pak has always been unpak towards India for the last 62 yrs (unpak means non pure). Anyhow back to topic. In today's volatile world, i think friendship between two countries depend upon capabilties or give and take. In the case of China and Pak, the only reason of friendship i see is the common enemy that is India. Otherwise pak has no value today. That y i said how long China will drag its friendship with Pak, who always asking for help or aid rather than contributing to something...
Thanks for uplifting my unEnglish (not pure English) and unlocking my mystery on unpak.

Back to topic, I don't see China-Pakistan friendship arised from having a common enemy. Pakistan gives China short-cut to the oil-rich Muslim world, and takes money back in return, and as contacts become frequent, friendship naturally grow.

IBM

Thanks for uplifting my unEnglish (not pure English) and unlocking my mystery on unpak.

Back to topic, I don't see China-Pakistan friendship arised from having a common enemy. Pakistan gives China short-cut to the oil-rich Muslim world, and takes money back in return, and as contacts become frequent, friendship naturally grow.
This oil rich muslim world is getting harder for China IAM REFEREIRING UNREST IN NORTHWEST PROVINCESSS.... friendship with Pak will cost a lot to China lot trust me......... good luck............

Global Defence

New threads

Articles