Countering China's aggression

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
The considered advice, which government of India is also following, is to keep things calm. Shooting at Chinese forces is not the option being considered.
The situation is NOT out of control. It is not like the Chinese have moved heavy weapons.
another pimple theory ?

tell it to these Jawans:- Chinese incursion: 15 battalions in Ladakh on high alert - The Times of India

nevertheless there seems to be a ray of hope, number X! might turn out to be number 1.:-
he has re-shuffled the army chiefs - lets see if they withdraw.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

i should not have linked one party system with ccp in totality

just that one part system will allow the best in the country to serve the national interest

obviously there are cons to that -
it is the management of the one party system that counts - it's sometime called
"guided democracy " - used in countries like south korea and singapore

but those are countries with major population growth problems - singapore may
cease to exist in a couple of generations in its original form and korea may take a
little longer to vanish - so that system has serious problems .

do you like the way things are in India ?
if not, what would you suggest ?
India is a diverse country. More diverse than entire Europe actually.
One Party system may make decision making process fast, but views of all the people wont be representable in the Govt.
This could cause armed rebellion etc etc.

I like Democracy in India. But I dont like the politicians. Be it BJP or Congress, only few seriously want good for country. Many just want power, nothing else.

We are still a developing country. Every developing country is struggling with corruption, criminal politicians etc. So we dont have any unique problem as far as politics is concerned.
I believe , all these problems will be solved only after education is provided to each and every Indian citizen. Then people would understand who to choose as a leader, who to vote for.

India is on correct trajectory on that front. All these problems will be solved as we move ahead.
We have already achieved a good victory by staying united and having a stable Democracy, not a forte of many developing Asian countries. Now we just need to move ahead.

Ashutosh Lokhande

One Party system may make decision making process fast, but views of all the people wont be representable in the Govt.

I like Democracy in India. But I dont like the politicians. Be it BJP or Congress, only few seriously want good for country. Many just want power, nothing else.

We are still a developing country. Every developing country is struggling with corruption, criminal politicians etc. So we dont have any unique problem as far as politics is concerned.
I believe , all these problems will be solved only after education is provided to each and every Indian citizen. Then people would understand who to choose as a leader, who to vote for.

India is on correct trajectory on that front. All these problems will be solved as we move ahead.
We have already achieved a good victory by staying united and having a stable Democracy, not a forte of many developing Asian countries. Now we just need to move ahead.
I strongly agree with all your points here; 100%

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
If you want a simple one-liner definition of the China-India relationship - this would be it:

Shake the right hand of India, and immediately slap India on the face with the left hand

Now the Chinese are master planners who never do anything random when it comes to relationship between countries.The military in China will never do anything unless it has explicit instruction from the highest levels of the CCP - the Xi Jinping level of authority. So if you are an Indian you have to ask yourself; why does China get such a big thrill by humiliating India.....even to the point that it makes them look petty, unprofessional, and downright clownish by doing it when Xi and Modi are breaking bread in Delhi ??

This is not an isolated incident, every time a Chinese leader visits Delhi, the next day the PLA troops are 20 miles inside on the Indian side of the LAC like clockwork.

The answer lies in the basic Chinese perspective of India as a weak state, combined with the mentality of respecting only hard-power. In the case of India....using border incursions is the only tool that China has for influencing Indian strategic thinking in terms of aligning with the US, etc.

The Chinese seem confident that that can use aggression on the border as their trump card......but then, why do it while their leader is visiting India - it is so unbecoming of a civilized mature power. Part of it could be the lack of mature power "statecraft".......something that the Chinese leadership are new to.

But in my view - the main rationale for it is simply that they do it, because they can !

The Chinese are firm believers in harvesting the low-hanging fruit first. India is a low-hanging fruit.
They would rather copy than develop some technology themselves, and only develop something new themselves when they can't copy anymore. Likewise, they carry that same mentality to sports, technology, and everything else including international relations.
They would apply this same strategy with Japan, Vietnam and Philippines, but there is always the concern that the US 7th fleet will be permanently parked in the South China Sea if they go too far. But with India there are no such considerations to be had.

The moral of the story - weakness, goodwill, passivity, good intentions, cooperation, trade, commerce, etc, carry no weight with the Chinese. If you want their attention, they have to first respect your power and your capabilities.

Last edited:

Dhairya Yadav

If you want a simple one-liner definition of the China-India relationship - this would be it:

Shake the right hand of India, and immediately slap India on the face with the left hand

Now the Chinese are master planners who never do anything random when it comes to relationship between countries.The military in China will never do anything unless it has explicit instruction from the highest levels of the CCP - the Xi Jinping level of authority. So if you are an Indian you have to ask yourself; why does China get such a big thrill by humiliating India.....even to the point that it makes them look petty, unprofessional, and downright clownish by doing it when Xi and Modi are breaking bread in Delhi ??

This is not an isolated incident, every time a Chinese leader visits Delhi, the next day the PLA troops are 20 miles inside on the Indian side of the LAC like clockwork.

The answer lies in the basic Chinese perspective of India as a weak state, combined with the mentality of respecting only hard-power. In the case of India....using border incursions is the only tool that China has for influencing Indian strategic thinking in terms of aligning with the US, etc.

The Chinese seem confident that that can use aggression on the border as their trump card......but then, why do it while their leader is visiting India - it is so unbecoming of a civilized mature power. Part of it could be the lack of mature power "statecraft".......something that the Chinese leadership are new to.

But in my view - the main rationale for it is simply that they do it, because they can !

The Chinese are firm believers in harvesting the low-hanging fruit first. India is a low-hanging fruit.
They would rather copy than develop some technology themselves, and only develop something new when they can't copy anymore.
Likewise, they carry that same mentality to sports, technology, and everything else.
They would apply this same strategy with Japan, Vietnam and Philippines, but there is always the concern that the US 7th fleet will be permanently parked in the South China Sea if they go too far. But with India there are no such considerations to be had.

The moral of the story - weakness, goodwill, passivity, good intentions, cooperation, trade, commerce, etc, carry no weight with the Chinese. If you want their attention, they have to first respect your power and your capabilities.
Agree with you. India must get aggressive with China. The reason they do such acts when their diplomats visit is that they want to weaken India's stand in global scenario.
PM should do the same with China as we did with Pakistan- Trade or Incursions: Choose wisely.
I would be willing to let go that $20 billion than let my country's land be dishonored.

s002wjh

Country flag
good start a shooting war with china, take care biggest rival for US. what they called it one stone two bird :)

no smoking

Country flag
From 62 onwards India consider LAC as defacto border now suddenly China printing some stupid Maps and claims A.P (any ay who cares)
Don't want to argue who is right!
But, can you show me an official source to support that India consider LAC as de facto border please?
And also, please show me an India map that doesn't claim Aksai Chin.

Thank you!

sgarg

The current central government is arguably the best this country has seen since independence.

The problem with people is they have no patience. People are very low on contribution and very high on expectations.

The country will become great when people WORK rather than TALK.

The democracy is fine. The problem is not democracy. The problem is attitude.

The good thing is Indians are getting exposed to the world and slowly becoming more educated and sophisticated. So we are seeing gradual but sustained improvement in Indian society.

sgarg

Don't want to argue who is right!
But, can you show me an official source to support that India consider LAC as de facto border please?
And also, please show me an India map that doesn't claim Aksai Chin.

Thank you!
You are right. The LAC cannot be considered actual border.

However neither China nor India have really moved beyond claims. So it is not unreasonable to consider LAC as real border and demarcate it as such.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles