Could the Arjun be a good fit for Taiwan???

AkhandBharat

Taiwan has it's own flag last time I checked Kashmir dosen't . Taiwan has their own separate government Kashmir dosen't. These 2 things separate an independent nation from a territory. East Turkmenistan and Tibet both had these until China invaded.
Its funny these guys say let Taiwan declare independence, we will attack them. What more is left to declare independence? They have their own flag, they have their own constitution, they have their own government, they are a separate nation!

nimo_cn

Country flag
India has been doing nothing in Kashmir, except protecting its territory which it rightfully acquired from the King of Kashmir.
Land rightfully acquired from the King of Kashmir? What a rhetoric!

The whole world is laughing when they heard this, just like people were laughing when Americans said they were in Iraq only to free Iraqi.

Communist China is sabotaging and killing millions after millions of ethnic tibetans and Uighurs each day while pushing han chinese to occupy their lands.
Check the population of these two before you post crap like this. If that happened, the two races has already been extinguished!

You don't have Mongolia last I checked. They have been freed. Xinjiang and Tibet will be freed by Turks and Indians respectively.
Yeah, after India break into 20 pieces, that will happen.

Its not painful at all. Indians are living a great life. Come visit us sometime!
I will visit India some day! I want to know what a great life Indian peopel are having!

Maoists are nothing compared to the unrest in Xinjiang and Tibet.
hope you are right!
Solve those two first, then try to invade Taiwan. Do it and then come back. We'll be waiting.
I will be always here.

This discussion is becoming ugly, before i get banned, i am gonna to take a break.

Country flag
To make it more simple for Nimo Kaskmiris, Pakistanis, Indians share the same culture language,history,food and genetics. Chinese don't share these things with Tibetans and Uighurs. Another difference it was outsiders that separated us and it was Chinese that forced their rule on Uighurs and Tibetans.

Last edited:

JAISWAL

last time check kashmir oppted to integrate with indian union & not like china which had captur tibet with brutality.

AkhandBharat

The whole world is laughing when they heard this, just like people were laughing when Americans said they were in Iraq only to free Iraqi.
What a wild and utterly stupid comparison. You have the IQ of a 10 year old. We signed the treaty of accession where the Raja of Kashmir decided to join the Indian Union. That is rightful acquisition. The whole world can laugh, we have the document to prove it.

Check the population of these two before you post crap like this. If that happened, the two races has already been extinguished!
The two races are being vanquished day after day, their culture is banned, their faith is banned, they are tortured, raped and killed, day after day after day by the evil communist government !

This discussion is becoming ugly, before i get banned, i am gonna to take a break.
Good for you, get a perspective, while you're at it.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
@nimo chin
Videos speaks itself. Show me any video of Chinese politician greeted by Tibetans.

Last edited by a moderator:

mayfair

Taiwan is an integral part of China, even USA admits that! But USA is selling weapons to a insland which itself acknowlodges bieng part of China, that is interfering with our internal issues, we certainly oppose that.
I am afraid that view is not shared by many Taiwanese I have spoken to (and believe me I have had the pleasure of knowing many of them) and by Taiwanese I make a distinction between the mainlanders and Taiwanese and I refer to the latter. Even the mainlanders who subscribe to Taiwan being a part of China do so because they wish to see one China united under the flag of the Republic (ROC). You have no locus standi to accuse others of interfering with your internal issues. If you are so concerned with international recognition being the criteria for ownership claims, why this belligerence and stubbornness over Arunachal Pradesh and till recently Sikkim? No one recognises your claim over Spratly islands, so do you accede that your presence there is illegal? Talk about double standards..

Last edited:

Crusader53

It contradicts with what you said. Status Quo is not the same as agreeing Chinese sovereignty over Taiwan. US is arming Taiwan, because Taiwan wants to arm itself against the mainland. US is happy to oblige. Like I said, if you are such saints, leave them alone or you might be licking your wounds for a very long time.

So, you want Taiwan to fall to China..............I see!

Crusader53

That doesn't contradict with that i said. USA acknowledge China's sovereignty over Taiwan, but she refuses to give up its influence on Taiwan.

You should understand the Sino-US relationship is a product of compromise( in fact, every bilateral relationship is ). In this case, USA is too powerful for China to push it to compromise more. As a result, US can do what it is doing now, paying lip service to us that Taiwan is part of China while selling weapon to Taiwan.
the status quo in the Taiwan Strait accords to the interest of USA

It's in the interest of the US to not see a war between Taiwan and China. Just as it's in the interest of India and many other countries.

Again the US signed a Mutual Defence Treaty and to sell arms to Taiwan in order to deter China from invading.

amoy

To make it more simple for Nimo Kaskmiris, Pakistanis, Indians share the same culture language,history,food and genetics. Chinese don't share these things with Tibetans and Uighurs. Another difference it was outsiders that separated us and it was Chinese that forced their rule on Uighurs and Tibetans.
Witnessing again and again point out many Indians' 'dual standards' applied to Kashmir vs Tibetan/Uigur, suggest u read more China's history (or don't distort it to suit your need)

Facts against your fancies
1) Uigur played a very key role in China's history/Culture. Uigur (回鹘)saved Tang Dynasty from collapse during a big revolt, and Tang Dynasty allowed Uigur Princes to take on Tang Dynasty's Royal surname Li. Later Uigur princes even ruled North China (incl. reaches of Yellow River) after fall of Tang Dynasty (in China's history that chaotic period is called 'Five Dynasties+ Ten States 五代十国 i.e. China was broken into 10+states)

2) Uigur used to live in Mongolia Plateau, Gansu and Qinghai before migrating to and settled down in Xinjiang and then was converted to Islam durng Song/Yuan Dynasty. Xinjiang was domiciled by different ethnic groups long before advent of Uigur, Huns, Mongolians, Hans and even Uzbek (during Han Dynasty it was recorded of Uzbek there). Many Indians distort or selectively disregard this part of history in order to allege Hans 'intruded' to Xinjiang and took 'indigenous' Uigur's blah blah...

3) During Tang Dynasty, King Srongtsen Gampo of Tibet and the following King married Tang princesses and Central China's culture/religion/technologies since then started to take root in Tibet too. Not until Yuan Dynasty did Tibet become part of China as swept by Mongolians. True as it is , most empires were forged through blood and fire and intrigues. Many dynasties (Yuan, Ming, Qing) played the trick of supporting one faction but oppressing others in Tibet. For example Dalai Lama, or Pancheng Lama were different factions 'played' in China's emperors' games.

4) u mentioned 'genetics' and language. very puzzling as it's clearly not a field u are familiar with at all. Hans/Tibetans are of the same genetic groups and language group while Uigur isn't. But what is your point? Looking back at India, are u saying xxx ethnic groups can't stay within in a nation if there's no same genetics/linguistic heritage?? (again dual standards)

And what about Kashmir?
I don't understand your reading of history. Majority of Kashmiris are Muslims. Unlike their Hindu Raja they preferred to be in an Islamic state at partition. Wasn't (Isn't) it a fact? we recognize status quo i.e. Kashmir is separated by in 2 countries (ind & pak). it's unnecessary to 'revise' history to justify Indian rule there (it's already an established fact )

Before British Raj, in my opinion, India was fragmentedly composed of different self-ruled states. Ironnically It was Brit. who tied them together before 1947 Independence. Even that Monguel Empire only ruled parts of Today's India... It's no shame to admit this fact similarly China's ancient dynasties were on and off controlling some parts of Today's China territory. Empires rise empires fall... apart ... The difference seems India in history lacked a consistent 'Centralized' regime like China.

Kaskmiris, Pakistanis, Indians share the same culture language,history,food and genetics. So what??? do u agree Vietnam Korea, or Jpan also share all those with China.

++++++++++
u were off topic. then I followed your track.

Last edited:

neo29

I will visit India some day! I want to know what a great life Indian peopel are having!
hope you are right!

I will be always here.

Well it sounds and it is very true. Unlike you guys who invaded and captured Tibet. Chinese were never welcomed by the Tibetans and their govt. You first had to capture tibet then claims it as your own.

India never stake a claim on kashmir. It was after the King accepted to accede to India and asked for protection, the state of kashmir became part of India.

Well surely come to india. Firstly you will see people free out here. Democracy and freedom of speech exists here unlike your country. you guys even have restrictions in internet usage. The so called "Peoples" Republic of China doesnt belong to the people, does it ??

The PRC got its UN seat after its civil war. It was owned by ROC before. You couldnt even earn your UN seat :) .

The reason PRC won the civil was because of its farmers. PRC promised farmers ownership of land and gave them back their land after the war. But in 1956 made it govt controlled farm land again. They deserved it for supporting a communist movement.

Basically your govt is f****** the people but you are enjoying it and talking about India in 20 pieces ?? Have yourself checked by a non chinese doctor buddy.

johnee

Pardon my ignorance but how are Taiwan and Kashmir related? I can understand people talking about Tibet to point out the hegemonic tendence of PRC but how did Kashmir enter the debate?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Johnee the old tendencies of the Chinese. Cannot help it. I posted on page one itself about it on this. Or may be it was some other thread where they said the same thing.

johnee

Yusuf, not just Chinese but most of our neigbours! If you tell a Sri Lankan that they should take care of their tamilians, they will shoot back with Kashmir. Chinese and the Pakistanis both have occupied Kashmir illegally, so nothing surprising there.

Last edited:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag

Not the whole world , but only those are laughing who dont know the real fact like you. Hope you would believe wikipedia:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India#Kashmir_conflict

Kashmir conflict
The Princely state of Kashmir and Jammu had a majority Muslim population in the Kashmir valley and a majority Hindu population in Jammu and sparse population elsewhere. The Maharaja of Jammu and Kashmir acceded to India at the outbreak of violence. This Kashmir conflict lead to the 1947 war between India and Pakistan in that region.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
No more on Kashmir here. Enough said about it to the point of boredom.

johnee

hope you are right!

I will be always here.

Nimo, the problem is half knowledge. People know a little, they fill the blanks with their own imagination. You are comparing India acquiring Kashmir with US occupying Iraq?!!
Firstly, Kashmir is not a separate entity. The entire country is India(even the present day Pakistan and Bangladesh). British enslaved and ruled us illegally without the mandate of Indian people. While leaving they sanctioned a partition based on religion. Not on people's mandate, mind you.
In the course of partition, it was decided that princely kingdoms could join either India or newly formed Pakistan. King of Kashmir decided to remain neutral until the pakistani sponsored thugs started occupying Kashmir. Then King of Kashmir asked India for help, India agreed to help only after he formally acceded to India. This makes India part of Kashmir according to the agreement reached during partition. Otherwise the whole of partition will come under scanner.
Then we will have to undo the partition or redo the partition again based on the people's mandate. Since it is not practically possible, Pakistan should learn to live with what it got.
But Pakistani troops went ahead and occupied kashmir. Nehru went to UN. It was decided that a plebiscite should be conducted in Kashmir only. One can ask why they had not conducted a plebscite in whole of undivided india before partitioning. Anyway, the precondition for plebiscite in kashmir was that Pakistani troops leave kashmir and no demographics will be changed. Both of these pre-conditions have been violated by pakistan. Further, pakistan gifts part of its occupied kashmir to china. Both china and pakistan have morally no right to talk about kashmir.

Lastly, India is not a great place. Everyone does a lot of jugaad to get ahead. So, essentially the difference between people of china and india is not much.

PS: yusuf, didnt see your message and posted it later. delete it or keep it, your wish. : )

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
A country who refuses to sign the NPT has no qualification to accused a country who has signed the NPT of being nuke proliferator.
China tested first nuke in 1964. NPT was opened for signature in 1968. India tested first nuke in 1974. What I see is India did something wise by not signing NPT.

India initiated the nuke arm race in the South Asia continent, you are the biggest trouble maker in that area.

If India didn't develop nuclear weapons in the first place to intimidate Pakistan in the first place, Pakistan would not have developed nuclear weapons to deter India. Do you think you can use nuclear weapons blackmail Pakistan without consequences?

Have a little wider view! Will ya? Or get a doctor's appointment. If you ever see a map properly you will see that a big Red sore is just north of India, who already had occupied Indian territory in 1962, who didn't have enough courtesy for diplomacy, who doesn't care for freedom of opinion and ideas - read democracy AND who already had tested nuclear weapon. Well, 1962 had already proven that Gandhian philosophy won't suffice if India wanted to survive.

Well, you reap what you have sown. You started the nuclear arm race, now you take the consequences!
Back at ya!!!

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Their is no possibility of exporting Arjun to Taiwan as their are SK and American for exporting world class tanks!!
besides India is a far compare to SK and Japan..

And on 2002 Taiwan and India secretly developed military ties to form an alliance against China,The military cooperation was limited to exchange of military intelligence, Taiwan has sent a military attache to its trade office in New Delhi and an Indian Air Force officer ... visited Taiwan at the invitation of Taiwan Air Force Commander-in-Chief Chen Chao-min," UDN military reporter Lu Teh-yun said. Taiwan-India military contacts began before Lee Teng-hui stepped down as Taiwan's president in May 2000. India has a border conflict with China, so India sees China as its potential enemy. "For Taiwan, forming ties with India "is like laying a snare at China's backdoor; for India, it is like pushing thorns into China's front and bottom," Lu said Because India is a nuclear power, the United States fears Taiwan might seek nuclear weapons from India, it said. India has diplomatic ties with China but has trade links with Taiwan, which is regarded by China as its province to be liberated. China has warned it would attack Taiwan if Taipei seeks independence, indefinitely delays unification or develops nuclear arms.
Interesting..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles