Contemplating Atkin's Diet plan

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
I read quite a bit about it before I started. Atkins produces scientific studies to show its good as well.
Te thing is, I had to lose some weight. I will progress to phase 4 in due course which allows carb intake and I will customize it to my taste and requirement. I mean I will control it but not restrict it like Atkins suggests. For the moment I need to lose a lot of weight.

The other thing is that my chronic bad lower back didn't allow me to exercise either. I went on a job for a coue of days and got bed ridden coz of back inflamation. My bad back is because if my weight. I am feeling better since dropping weight but still not risking a jog yet. I will start in a week I think.
Back pain is caused due to weak muscles. Especially if you have a beer belly, your back muscles will struggle throughout the day to balance your posture. Due to overexertion, they will get inflamed and sore and your back will hurt. The solution for this is lower back exercises such as deadlifts and overhead dumbbell/barbell press. As your muscles get stronger, you will become pain free and in the process, lose fat as well if you keep up the cardio.

prahladh

Respected Member
Yusuf, Please do go to a gym and have a BCA done every month or once for every 2 weeks. Check if you are loosing muscle or body fat. As members have already mentioned, add weight training to avoid loosing muscle.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
As someone who had ballooned once, I know how important it is to lose weight at any cost especially when you are battling a mindset that now it is impossible to lose the weight.

Most important is, Yusuf has lost weight, and one can imagine the relief he must be having now, also the confidence that weight loss isn't an impossible.

I would say, now that you have tasted success, keep the weight loss steady at 1-2kgs/week and not more, that is what the doctors recommend. The more important, keep a moderate exercise routine, be that just a 45mins cardio, be it walk or light jog, whatever comfortable.

Enjoy feeling light!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I don't deal weak or lethargic. On the contrary I am feeling quite energetic.
I tried it when I was cutting from a bulk. I had to drop my lifts by 25% I was so weak.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles