Congratulation Team India for Winning the World Cup

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
[video]http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/147732/all-to-cheer-the-boys-not-publicity-poonam-pandey.html[/video]

ajay_ijn

Country flag
finally, finally after 28 yrs, 6 world cups, twice hosted in india. nation achieved what it dreamed for loong long time.

ejazr

Ambassador
Congrats once again to each and everyone. I was away with my wife in the bigscreen putup out here and stayhing up till 5am was worth it. Excellent end to an excellent game. Not just individuals but the entire team worked like a well oiled machine from bowling to batting to fielding, everything worked perfectly.

One of the highlights of my life for sure !

Atul

Founding Member
One Should understand the Pressure the Lankans had, the Fear that the next bat's man can be the Legendary Rajni.. turned the tables in our Favour..

:balle::cheer2::balle::india:::cup::india::balle::cheer2::balle:

S.A.T.A

Many congratulations for Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his team for winning the world cup.Dhoni played the perfect captains knock,after promoting himself up the order(which i thought was a bold move).Zaheer bowled brilliantly initially ad kept the lankan top order on leash,even though he went for some runs in the death overs,i think the bowlers did very well to keep the Lankans from cantering away to score close to 300.......The way Indian batting soaked up the pressure of chasing a challenging first innings score on the memorable WC finals,they totally deserved to be hailed world champions,what a time for Gautam Gambhir and MS Dhoni to find form and big runs!

Commiserations to srilanka,they but up a good batting display,but Indians without an argument were the better batting side and they won the match and the Cup.

Oracle

Congratulations India!! It was long overdue! :hail: :hail:

SHASH2K2

U.S. congratulates Team India

Americans may have little knowledge about cricket, but on Monday a message of congratulations on behalf of President Barack Obama was conveyed to Sachin Tendulkar and M.S. Dhoni for India's "historic" and "spectacular" World Cup victory.
"On behalf of the people of America and President Barack Obama, we congratulate heartily the Kings of Cricket and the Kings of the World for bringing the Cup after 28 years," United States Ambassador Timothy J. Roemer said here.
He described the Indian team's victory as a "historic" and "spectacular" feat.
Mr. Roemer congratulated Tendulkar for realising his wish of winning the World Cup for his country.
"We want to congratulate the magnificent decision-making of the Indian captain, Dhoni, who was flawless in exercising great judgment," the envoy said here after meeting Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao.
Mr. Roemer said he wanted to visit the India Gate here to witness the mass celebrations over the Indian victory, but was advised against it by his security staff.
Asked about cricket diplomacy between India and Pakistan, he said, "it looks like it had attraction, it had a very optimistic start."
Hailing the leaders of India and Pakistan for initiating dialogue between the Home Secretaries and with "more talks" scheduled to take place in April, Mr. Roemer said: "You have three things working at once in these talks. You have cricket diplomacy, you have the real substance and engagement on issues, which is critical, and then you have the people-to-people ties. That is something which the U.S. applauds."
He, however, added that the U.S. "recognises that only India and Pakistan will determine the pace" of dialogue.
The U.S. Ambassador also praised the Indian security forces and police for having "worked hard and tirelessly" to successfully conduct the event.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
The compliments are accepted, Thank you.
So finally Americans realise the heights of Cricket obsession in South Asia :D
Cricket, Politics and Cinema have started mixing more than ever before. Is it a good sign ?

Regards,
Virendra

SHASH2K2

Dhoni, Sachin will fly Sukhoi

Indian Air Force chief P.V. Naik on Monday said he would seek special permission from the government so that World Cup winning captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and legendary batsman Sachin Tendulkar could experience a flight of (Sukhoi) Su-30MKI — the best fighter plane of the IAF.
"Sachin Tendulkar is already our Honorary Group Captain. Once both Sachin and Dhoni are free from their cricketing engagements, I will ensure that they get to fly Su-30MKI. They have done our country proud and it will be an honour for us," the IAF chief told PTI.
Air Chief Marshal Naik said that as of now there were no plans of awarding any honorary post to the Indian captain like Tendulkar.
Dhoni, who was accompanied by his wife Sakshi, was there at the Air Force chief's residence here for over an hour as he interacted with senior officers.
The meeting with Air Chief Marshal Naik was organised by the former Indian team manager, Wing Commander M. Baladitya.
Air Chief Marshal Naik presented Dhoni with a plaque on behalf of the Indian Air Force.
The skipper and his wife were at ease as they interacted and answered various cricketing queries.
When the wives of the senior officers congratulated the couple, Sakshi said, "You all supported the team. Congratulate yourselves."
Someone asked about his bald look, and the skipper said with a smile, "I thought the World Cup is over, so let's just get it off."
Dhoni was seen asking the IAF chief, a veteran fighter pilot, about his flying experience. "I used to fly MiG-21, MiG-23 during my days," Air Chief Marshal Naik said.
The Indian captain patiently answered all the cricketing queries although it was evident that he would now like a few days away from cricket. "IPL will be very hectic," he admitted.
Highest bid for ball

Meanwhile, fans are rushing to collect memorabilia being auctioned by the International Cricket Council.
After hitting the winning stroke, even Dhoni couldn't help running to take a stump as a souvenir of the historic final match. Now, the very ball that he smashed for a six has received a highest bid of $ 47,800 (over Rs. 21 lakh) so far.
At the same time, the final match toss coin, which has also been auctioned by the ICC, has received a highest bid of $ 25,800 (around Rs. 11.5 lakh) with just one day left for the auction to close.
According to the ICC's auction website, the final match ball has already received 52 bids since the auction started on March 21. It will close on April 6.
On the other hand, the toss coin, for which the auction started on February 17, has witnessed 63 bids so far. The auction will close on Tuesday.
Besides the ball and the coins, other items such as bats signed by Indian cricketers and a replica trophy are also being sold by the ICC.
While the autographed bats are tagged at a fixed price of $ 499, a replica trophy is tagged at $ 79. A lithograph signed by Dhoni is being sold for $ 199. — PTI

pankaj nema

Country flag
I am congratulating Team India today . 3 days later because it is sinking in only now

I can only Now feel truly happy

With Sachin and sehwag gone earlier I had simply given up hope

There have been many times that with such poor starts we have lost the match and this being the final the pressure was simply so much more

Even the Sri lankan assault in Power play 3 was quite shocking to watch .

Thanks to the initial good work by the bowlers and fielders ie till the 45 th over ,the target was 275 . Challenging but doable

Another 20 more runs and it would have been nearly impossible

debasree

Country flag
yaaaaaaaaaa.................gh we have done it,well done dhoni & boys u make us proud,this is practically sweet for me as i was present at eden gardens when that time srilanka beat india to reach semis this win is a great leveler.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
in all the fanfare we need not forget the unsung heroes, our security forces, who did an absolutely stunning job by making the WC absolutely incident free even with all the terror threat coming from pakistan.

many kudos to everyone involved with keeping with the security of the state and WC!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles