Computer Console Gaming thread

Jackd

At first I thought this was some movie and not a game when a friend showed me the trailer. Later when I googled myself and found Angry Joes`s Trailer reaction about Death Stranding I sort of understood this game/movie whatever.

Personally the hype is getting a bit too much and I hope Kojima has not bitten more than he can chew. Mnay over hyped games like Homefront etc turned out to be flops.(It does not matter to us as we pirate every game that is released. :biggrin2:)
Don't forget No Man's Sky. It was portrayed as some sort of a revolution but turned out to be very different - average.

Jackd

Check this one out as well. Looks pretty amazing. From the studio which made InFamous series

Darth Malgus

Country flag
Hmmm, I am also thinking of buying Red during the winter sale of Sony.
Red needs HDD space of more than 100GB.... :biggrin2:

BTW.......X4 is coming out, game looks good. I had played X3 to death. Its a pretty unique game, sort of a space simulation where you can create your Empire while being on the bridge of a ship..

Jackd

Red needs HDD space of more than 100GB.... :biggrin2:

BTW.......X4 is coming out, game looks good. I had played X3 to death. Its a pretty unique game, sort of a space simulation where you can create your Empire while being on the bridge of a ship..
My Ps4 has lots of space, so it won't be a problem. If the game is that huge then the graphics must be amazing.

Not really a fan of simulation/empire building games, though I want to try some out. Can you recommend some games?

Darth Malgus

Country flag
My Ps4 has lots of space, so it won't be a problem. If the game is that huge then the graphics must be amazing.

Not really a fan of simulation/empire building games, though I want to try some out. Can you recommend some games?
Distant Worlds-Universe is amazing when it comes to space exploration and empire building. Graphics are 2D, but the game is so complex in its economy and simulation, you can duplicate the events/stories of any of your scifi shows.

I'm at work now, when I reach home ill post a small review/AAR I wrote of the game....

Jackd

Distant Worlds-Universe is amazing when it comes to space exploration and empire building. Graphics are 2D, but the game is so complex in its economy and simulation, you can duplicate the events/stories of any of your scifi shows.

I'm at work now, when I reach home ill post a small review/AAR I wrote of the game....
Alright, thanks. Problem is that I only have a ps4 to play games.

Last edited:

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
What do you guys think ? will AMD grab a big market share (enough to damage Intel?) in next 3 years?

They are bringing 7nm processors as Zen 2, even Intel has faced many problems in their 10nm projects since the technology is reaching to the limits of silicon. How many of you will make Ryzen PCs in 2019/2020 (I'll be doing this)

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-2nd-generation

Last edited:

A chauhan

Country flag
@aditya10r @Razor @OneGrimPilgrim @others

How is The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim game ? heard much but can't see anything except old graphics and dragons.

A chauhan

Country flag
Go nexus Mod manager. Tons of mods that update the grqphics and much more. It's like a Pandora's box.
Any specific mod for better graphics and lighting ?

Aaj ka hero

Has left
Banned
Country flag
I want to ask if I buy PS4 PRO and buy a game CD that is for PS4, then will it run on PS3 or PS2 or not?
Same question for XBOX series.
PLUS can anyone suggest IGI like games.
THANKS in advance.

Illusive

Country flag
Any specific mod for better graphics and lighting ?
I havent checked in a long time . But you'll surely find it in top mods. The mods are well classified. You should be able to find it easily. You will have to download the nexus mod manager, install the mods and then launch the game from there itself. It's very easy and sorted.

A chauhan

Country flag
There are like a million mods for that game on Nexus. Everything from new Armors, Quests, Hairstyles, New NPC's. Better textures, models, lighting, bug fixes, new towns, expanded cities...etc...
I got Special Edition in my hands, I am trying it for now, first half hour was boring but I am beginning to like it with quests and surprises it has...

A chauhan

Country flag
What do you guys think ? will AMD grab a big market share (enough to damage Intel?) in next 3 years?

They are bringing 7nm processors as Zen 2, even Intel has faced many problems in their 10nm projects since the technology is reaching to the limits of silicon. How many of you will make Ryzen PCs in 2019/2020 (I'll be doing this)

https://www.techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-2nd-generation
Screenshot_20181208-142609-1440x810.png

Source : AdoredTV

If this comes out true, Intel's days are gone, just look at R5 3600x (₹16,500)/-) comparable performance to Intel i9 9900k (₹57,000/-). Lets wait for CES 2019.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::drool::drool::drool:

@aditya10r @Razor @An Angry Potato @Haldiram @OneGrimPilgrim

Last edited:

cannonfodder

Country flag
If people here are interested, I tried low cost e-gpu setup and converted by 2011-12 laptop into media/moderate gaming setup. Most would already know but for beginners it basically adds external graphic card to laptop to make it gaming capable because processor power of 2-3Ghz clocked processor is enough if you have good enough GPU.

Total I spent about $250 to buy following 3 items during black friday:
1. GTX 1060 3GB EVGA
2. 500W EVGA
3. EXP GDC 8.0+ version.

My laptop is dell l502x having i7-2630 processor with 8GB RAM. Now with e-gpu, I get 50+ FPS on ugine heaven and valley benchmarks 1080p (before it was like 15-20 FPS on 720p with internal gpu). I am currently playing Tomb raider 2015 and monster hunter with around 45 FPS which is good enough for me. Good thing is that it saved me from buying another laptop $900 cost for another 1 or 2 years and I am very happy with investment.. however please make sure that you laptop has been modded by someone before successfully and steps are clearly listed.

Also the EXP GDC customer support is absolute crap, so if it does not work it is money thrown away.:dude:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles