Computer Console Gaming thread

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Clearly, you haven't heard of episodes.

Do you call Episodes from liberty city, GTA5?
Oh I have, yet that doesn't affect my point about why many people refer to Crysis Warhead as Crysis 2.

When someone makes episodes and not sequels (Warhead wasn't a sequel), it's advertised that way. Like Half Life 2 episodes.

AkhandBharat

If crytek didn't call crysis: warhead crysis 2, it shouldn't be called crysis 2. PERIOD. Especially, if you follow the game.

Meh....

And yes it does affect your point. Your point was anything that the developer makes in a series should be renamed sequentially. That doesn't happen with episodes. You argue just for argument's sake. Case closed.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
If crytek didn't call crysis: warhead crysis 2, it shouldn't be called crysis 2. PERIOD. Especially, if you follow the game.
Did I say "I refer to Warhead as Crysis 2"? No. You assume I think Warhead should be called Crysis 2, when I'm just making an observation about people referring to Warhead as Crysis 2, on the logic that it's the second game in the franchise, irrespective of it being a prequel/sequel/episode/whatever.

And yes it does affect your point. Your point was anything that the developer makes in a series should be renamed sequentially. That doesn't happen with episodes. You argue just for argument's sake. Case closed.
No it doesn't affect my point since my point is not commenting about Crysis Warhead's nomenclature. It's an observation, which you're taking as an argument....for argument's sake. Case closed, now.

AkhandBharat

Did I say "I refer to Warhead as Crysis 2"? No.
Clearly, you haven't heard of episodes.

Do you call Episodes from liberty city, GTA5?
Oh I have, yet that doesn't affect my point about why many people refer to Crysis Warhead as Crysis 2.
Say Whaa! =xD

When someone makes episodes and not sequels (Warhead wasn't a sequel), it's advertised that way. Like Half Life 2 episodes.
Crytek never said, Crsis warhead is crysis 2, so it shouldn't be called crysis 2. Case closed.

You assume I think Warhead should be called Crysis 2, when I'm just making an observation about people referring to Warhead as Crysis 2, on the logic that it's the second game in the franchise, irrespective of it being a prequel/sequel/episode/whatever.
Like I said, it shouldn't be called crysis 2, neither should crytek be blamed for it.

No it doesn't affect my point since my point is not commenting about Crysis Warhead's nomenclature, rather that of Crysis 2. It's an observation, which you're taking as an argument....for argument's sake. Case closed, now.
Wrong observation. Case closed.

Last edited:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Say Whaa! =xD
Learn to read.

I have heard about episodes, not everyone has (not Harikiran), which is why they refer to Crysis Warhead as Crysis 2 (since it's the second game in the franchise).

Crytek never said, Crsis warhead is crysis 2, so it shouldn't be called crysis 2. Case closed.
Yes, they never said that, yet people end up referring to Warhead as Crysis 2. Therefore, they failed with naming, consumers can refer to a product whatever the hell they want to. Now if they continue to call Crysis 2 the way it is, uninitiated buyers could avoid it thinking they've already played the game (when they actually ended up playing Warhead)

Like I said, it shouldn't be called crysis 2, neither should crytek be blamed for it.
No Warhead shouldn't be called Crysis 2, but consumers can't be blamed for that.

Wrong observation. Case closed.
Failed argument, case closed, back to topic.

Last edited:

AkhandBharat

Learn to read.

I have heard about episodes, not everyone has (not Harikiran), which is why they refer to Crysis Warhead as Crysis 2 (since it's the second game in the franchise).
You learn to read. You agreed to calling episodes as a sequel yourself and are defending it. I know how to read, don't give me that age old crap when you lose the argument.

Yes, they never said that, yet people end up referring to Warhead as Crysis 2. Therefore, they failed with naming, consumers can refer to a product whatever the hell they want to. Now if they continue to call Crysis 2 the way it is, uninitiated buyers could avoid it thinking they've already played the game (when they actually ended up playing Warhead)

No it shouldn't be called Crysis 2, but consumers can't be blamed for that.
They should be blamed for it and should be corrected.

Failed argument, case closed, back to topic.
Persisting on the same thing over and over won't make it right. Case closed.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
You learn to read. You agreed to calling episodes as a sequel yourself and are defending it. I know how to read, don't give me that age old crap when you lose the argument.
No, I never said episodes should be labeled as sequels, but labeled in a way that doesn't let people confuse them for sequels (like someone refered to Warhead as Crysis 2).

Also, mine was an observation, you picked up an argument that didn't exist, and are now getting a hardon for "winning" something that wasn't even played.

They should be blamed for it and should be corrected.
Correct them? Yes. Blame them? No, there's just no grounds for that.

Persisting on the same thing over and over won't make it right. Case closed.
Tell yourself exactly that, not me.

AkhandBharat

No, I never said episodes should be labeled as sequels, but labeled in a way that doesn't let people confuse them for sequels (like someone refered to Warhead as Crysis 2).

Also, mine was an observation, you picked up an argument that didn't exist, and are now getting a hardon for "winning" something that wasn't even played.
Publishers can label it the way they want and consumers should be able to refer to the actual name the publisher gave to the game, not something they think it should be called. I was right. I'm not getting a hardON. You are beating a dead horse here.

Correct them? Yes. Blame them? No, there's just no grounds for that.
No grounds for what? Nobody is suing anyone here.

Tell yourself exactly that, not me.
See what I mean?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Publishers can label it the way they want and consumers should be able to refer to the actual name the publisher gave to the game, not something they think it should be called. I was right. I'm not getting a hardON. You are beating a dead horse here.
Yes publishers can name it what they want to, but they shouldn't leave it to the consumers to be convinced they've not already played it. Rather it's the publisher's job (since it's their product they're selling here) to make sure consumers don't get confused, not the consumers' headache to get the name right.

No grounds for what? Nobody is suing anyone here.
There's no basis to blame the consumers for getting a name wrong. Consumers think that since Warhead was the second game in the franchise, it's convenient to refer to it as Crysis 2. Money moves from consumers to publishers, not the other way round. It's up to the publishers to make sure there's no confusion among people about the name. Valve did that in a much better way, calling Half Life 2 Episode xx the way they were.

indian_blues

Country flag
PC gamer, love shooters especially.

Half-Life saga, Call Of Duty series, Far Cry, Crysis, Assassin's Creed series, GTA and lots more.

my steam id - indian_blues yeah you can add me.

Old days people call expansion packs not sequels or episodes, some times it confuses people.

AkhandBharat

Yes publishers can name it what they want to, but they shouldn't leave it to the consumers to be convinced they've not already played it.
Huh?

Rather it's the publisher's job (since it's their product they're selling here) to make sure consumers don't get confused, not the consumers' headache to get the name right.
Really? Its not rocket science. You just have to look at the label when you purchase the game.

There's no basis to blame the consumers for getting a name wrong. Consumers think that since Warhead was the second game in the franchise, it's convenient to refer to it as Crysis 2.
What the hell? They shouldn't refer to it as crysis 2. its wrong!

Money moves from consumers to publishers, not the other way round. It's up to the publishers to make sure there's no confusion among people about the name.
So? Consumers purchase the game because they like it the studio developing the game. Consumers are not doing a charity here. They should refer the game by its original name to avoid confusion. The publishers already named it. They did their job. Its not hard to refer to the game by its name given to it by its publishers. =heheh

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Really? Its not rocket science. You just have to look at the label when you purchase the game.
It's not rocket science to give a proper name that gives no scope for confusion, either.

What the hell? They shouldn't refer to it as crysis 2. its wrong!
They're wrong alright, but it's not up to them to get it right.

So? Consumers purchase the game because they like it the studio developing the game.
Correct. I'm sure Harikiran does, too, but when he's sure he's not played the Crysis 2, he'll go get it.

Consumers are not doing a charity here.
They kind of are, it's their money that keeps publishers alive, not the publishers' game that keeps consumers alive. It's Consumerism 101.

They should refer the game by its original name to avoid confusion.

The publishers already named it. They did their job. Its not hard to refer to the game by its name given to it by its publishers. =heheh
It's equally not hard to give a name that leaves no scope for confusion.

We will end this discussion with this post.

AkhandBharat

It's not rocket science to give a proper name that gives no scope for confusion, either.
Yes its not. The name they give is right, because they own it, not the consumers.

They're wrong alright, but it's not up to them to get it right.
Yes it is.

Correct. I'm sure Harikiran does, too, but when he's sure he's not played the Crysis 2, he'll go get it.

They kind of are, it's their money that keeps publishers alive, not the publishers' game that keeps consumers alive. It's Consumerism 101.
Wow, you are saying that consumers give a charity to the producers for paying them for their work? You need to understand economics and business 101.

Yes, but it's not up to them to get the name right. They're buyer, not sellers.
It is. They're buying the game that has a name. They should refer to it by its name.

It's equally not hard to give a name that leaves no scope for confusion.

We will end this discussion with this post.
Yes its not. The name they give is right, because they own it, not the consumers.

tharikiran

Country flag
Relax guys... I bought Crysis warhead because I liked Crysis... the graphics.While purchasing I didnt knew it was prequel or a sequel.
For ordinary guys like me its easier to say crysis 1 and 2.And not be bothered about which episode I am playing.

Do I care about the story.Not much... What matters to me is the graphics, the physics, realistic weapons and gameplay.
I liked the story of Modern warfare 1 more than Modern warfare 2.

I saw all the videos of Battlefield Bad company 2. I liked it a lot. I would like to buy that one.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
There's also a single-player campaign like Modern Warfare, but it's not as good. People buy BC2 for its multiplayer.
Does multiplayer need a 2mbps type of connection ?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Does multiplayer need a 2mbps type of connection ?
Not at all, 512 kbps should be fine for gameplay with voice-chat on. It's the updates that make you wish you had a faster connection. Every 3 or so weeks the game does a 300 MB update.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles