Communism in India - The final Stride or a new Face

A.V.

Communism in india was vastly different from the rest of the world where it had a dominant say , in a democratic indian setup and under the constitution communism came into being ably supported by the faction , it was never based on the true values of communism but as always the case it was indianized to suit its needs, it offered a ray of light for those down under the burden but i the long run it fizzled out due to lack of proper direction and aim of its leaders...

where does communism in india stand today? is it dying a slow death ?

will the recent rise of the maosist a new face of violent communism ?

how will indian future generation look upon the record and policy of the communist?

amoy

it was indianized to suit its needs
of course it has to be 'Indianized'. the ideology itself only provides lens through which the society is analyzed and 'answers' are pursued under different circumstances. That's why we see terms like 'Stalinists', "Maoists' and "Deng Xiaoping Thought" blah blah

When we were pupils we had to recite 'ready-made' stuffs such as 'why only Comm. will replace evil Capitalism' or 'all men are equal' ... at that time most of us got bored and thought Comm. was loathing. But now we've come to realize there're grains of salt in it.

It's healthy to have both Left and Right as counterbalance in a 'healthy' society.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
there are not going to die soon . i cant say anything about maosist but can say one thing if they came to power then would implement chinse style state controlled capitalism

Phenom

The problem with communism in India is that they are too ideology oriented, they haven't changed with time and even now they are refusing too adapt, BJP too suffers from the same problem but to a much smaller extent. The communist need to stop talking about capitalism and what not and start focusing on issue that the people care about.

Above applies to politcal communism, the militaristic communism which the Maoist follow have no future in India, sooner or later they would be put down by the state.

anoop_mig25

Country flag
The problem with communism in India is that they are too ideology oriented, .
sorry i have to rectify only one thing here mate taht only central leardership of communist party of india are ideology oriented their state leaders are as corrupt as any other party

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
Communism in India is certainly different from other parts of the world. There is only one truly cadre based party in India that is the CPI and CPI (M). To some extent we can also call BJP as a cadre based party (for its association with RSS). For a long time communists in India are confided to prominently 3 states (WB, Kerala and Tripura). They have played a crucial role in formation of few central governments. But in recent times the performance of Left front is not that good in West Bengal. But for me Mamata Baneerji will be the worst CM West Bengal ever had (If Trinamool wins the next assembly election)

The Left front is the least corrupt political party in India. It has a crucial role in Indian political system. I would like them to retain West Bengal in the next assembly election.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles