Cockpits

average american

I am not good at posting pictues, maybe some one else could but there is lot to the human relationship between a pilot and plane we often leave out of the discussion which may be the most important consideration of all. About a third of all air craft accidents are result of human error, perhaps would be a lot less if cockpits were not so complicated and more user friendly.

We talk a lot about the flight charistics of F22 F35 Mig 29, PAK FA F18

Have you ever noticed the cockpits,, I cant post pictues but here is the Mig 29

File:MiG-29 cockpit 3.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(One look at that and I would turn around and go home)

and the F35

Image Search Results for f35 cockpit ( My grandkids could handle this)

now imagine the differance in combat and or landing on aircraft carrier.

Here is the T50 or PAK FA t 50 cockpit - Yahoo! Search Results

A pilot can spend a few hours in a simulator and walk out and fly a F22 or F35 into combat, according to some sources it took two years befor you would be comfortable doing that with a Mig 29 or most other Russian Planes.

F-35 glass cockpit - How to fly and drop bombs (Real Sim) - YouTube

Last edited:

Twinblade

Country flag
A pilot can spend a few hours in a simulator and walk out and fly a F22 or F35 into combat, according to some sources it took two years befor you would be comfortable doing that with a Mig 29 or most other Russian Planes.
Sounds like a crash course ;)

Btw that piece of information is partially correct. Newer planes are easy to fly, because the flight control software is able to significantly assist or take over several flying tasks, like take off and landing, and in some cases, totally take over the process and do it by itself. Several modern airplanes feature automated take off and landing, Naval Tejas features automatic take off, Super Hornet can undertake automated landing on an aircraft carrier ( a feature that is not used often to keep retain the skills of the pilots). So while the learning curve for the aircraft has been significantly reduced, it is no way near "few hours".

Snuggy321

Mig 29K cockpit This aircraft is not simply a Mig 29 version with an arrestor hook and folding wings...

Rafale cockpit

Su 30 MKI

Front seat

Back seat

F 15E Eagle cockpit

J10 cockpit

Last edited by a moderator:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Rafale cockpit looks great. Uncomplicated but sophisticated

average american

Thanks I cant figure out how to post pictures with out going through a lot. can you find a T50 or PAK FA

p2prada

A pilot can spend a few hours in a simulator and walk out and fly a F22 or F35 into combat
It takes hours of basic flight training, followed by intermediate flight training and advanced flight training before you make it into a fighter at the level of a F-15 or F-16. After that you need many hours of training on the F-16 (which the USAF uses as a trainer) before a pilot qualifies to the F-22/F-35. All of this amounts to nearly 500 hours or at least 3-4 years of flight training.

USAF is looking for a new modern trainer like the Korean T-50 for advanced training requirements.

Last edited:

p2prada

What may be Super MKIs new cockpit.

Pics of PAKFA cockpit are unavailable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles