Civil war in Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhramos

Country flag

pmaitra

Russian nationalist thinker Dugin sees war with Ukraine

A prominent Russian ultra-nationalist philosopher has told BBC News that war between Russia and Ukraine "is inevitable" and has called on President Vladimir Putin to intervene militarily in eastern Ukraine "to save Russia's moral authority".
"The liberals are against Putin, and the patriots support him, but only if he continues with his patriotic policies. While he is hesitating, he is losing the support of both sides. It is a dangerous game. But maybe he has a solution?"
Since Russia's annexation of Crimea, President Putin's approval rating has soared as high as 86%. According to the independent Levada Centre in Moscow, two-thirds of Russians approve of the separatists in eastern Ukraine and most believe that Moscow should offer support.
Read the full article.

pmaitra

Same old, same old: New Ukraine prosecutor wants Maidan activists dispersed

Security forces will be authorized to take measures if activists do not leave the city center "today, tomorrow or in the near future," Vitaly Yarema, the prosecutor general, said at a briefing on Wednesday.

"I am appealing to the interior minister and the head of the [Ukrainian Security Service] SBU to take urgent measures. I demand that captured buildings be immediately vacated," Yarema said. He added that in case those demands are not met, "criminal responsibility will follow" as the seizing of buildings is a crime.
[HR][/HR]

What? These are the very people that brought about a regime change! These are the very people who were fed cookies by Her Highness Victoria Nuland! How can one evict them? Is their utility over now?

pmaitra

What was that?! New Ukrainian Def Min 'signs' his oath"¦ with capped pen

Lieutenant-General Valery Geletey

He then signed the document with one swift flourish, accompanied by applause from the parliamentarians.

image from Facebook by Bogdan Bortakovimage from Facebook by Bogdan Bortakov

The video footage showed nothing suspicious as Geletey's hands were hidden by the rostrum.
However, photos made by correspondents from another angle revealed that the pen he used was capped.
[HR][/HR]

Wow! This country never ceases to amaze. "Territorial integrity," "sovereignty," "anti-terror operation," and what not, and these jokers don't even want to sign a paper?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What was that?! New Ukrainian Def Min 'signs' his oath"¦ with capped pen

Lieutenant-General Valery Geletey

[HR][/HR]

Wow! This country never ceases to amaze. "Territorial integrity," "sovereignty," "anti-terror operation," and what not, and these jokers don't even want to sign a paper?
:rofl:

I had already posted this before (post #4110: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/europe-russia/58902-massive-russian-military-movement-274.html)

The funniest part is this guy, who doesn't know how to sign a paper, says:

"I'm confident that Ukraine will prevail and, believe me, there'll be a victory parade in the Ukrainian city of Sevastopol," he declared.
When was Sevastopol, ever Ukrainian ?
I LOLed hard

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Lol! It is just Psaki :)

Hi Russian backed separatist I am Jen Psaki Russian backed separatist. I Russian backed separatist have Russian backed separatist a Bachelor's & Master's Russian backed separatist in shamelessness Russian backed separatist and Russian backed separatist a PhD Russian backed separatist in lying Russian backed separatist.

--------------------------------

Aleksandr Dugin is an interesting character. His book Foundations of Geopolitics, correctly identifies America and it's expansionism, both military and cultural under the facade of unbridled liberty, as a major if not greatest threat to Russia. Anyway, his ideas are a bit too difficult to swallow for some and that is why BBC is quoting him. Basically BBC is telling everybody,"Hey look, an ultra nationalist is supporting the Eastern Ukrainians, they are evil, you see".

For eg from the BBC article:

The next step, he proclaims, is military intervention in eastern Ukraine, which he regularly calls Novorossiya (New Russia). It is a name that has also been used by President Putin.
BBC fails to mention that Novorossiya is the historic name of that region, they make it seem as though Putin wants a new Russia or something.

Also it is interesting to note that nationalists and ultra nationalists are to be found only in Russia, India (modi modi), China and some other countries. There are no ultras in America (God's country), Great Britain, etc. The guys over there are just patriotic. :)

But I can't understand Putin, what is he thinking ?
I mean people (ethinc Russians) are getting slaughtered right in Russia's backyard and Putin seems to be showing weakness. This will affect his next elections and more importantly Russia's future itself.
Maybe @Cadian has some idea as to what Putin is thinking.

Last edited by a moderator:

apple

Yanukovich could have done the same, and remained in power today. He would have benefited that way. He chose not to murder his own countrymen
OK... except he did murder them.

I am biased. You are biased. So is everyone else. Anyone who claims otherwise is a liar.
Sure, however a moderator of a discussion, except when playing devils advocate and supporting the weaker side, should attempt to control (or at least hide) their own bias. Or, at least, that's my opinion.

The role of the moderator is to keep discussions moderate, and to keep a control over things, such as, but not limited to, abusive language, personal attack, dishonesty (reporting one post, making a public accusation, and when asked to quote the post in public, quoting a different post - rings a bell?).
Of course I remember when you accussed me of being dishonest. You asked me to quote you verbatim (one of the many terms you use that you clearly don't understand) about your claims that Poles were Nazis, which I did. You then called me a liar, semi-literate and banned me.

To be honest, I'm done with you.

I do have some vague sympathy for you and Hello10, as I myself have lived in a countries with strange cultures. But, the obstacles and misunderstanding I've faced in these countries have forced to improve myself and expand my mind and weren't the fault of those countries.

To repeat that: NOT THE FAULT OF THE COUNTRY I WAS LIVING IN.

There are millions of Indians who would love to be living in America (or Australia as Hello10) and then there is you...

Like I said, vague sympathy, but realistically you're a little Napolean, drunk on a smidgen of (online, virtual) power. Hello10's opinions were, at least, interesting, but yours are just half baked conspricacy's and your "knowledge" is either laughably wrong, or very dubious (or copy-pasted from wiki).

I've wasted too many valuable seconds of my life on you. I'm sticking you on my ignore list so I don't have to waste my time being exposed to anything you have to say.

Das Bidanja Obergruppenführer Pmaitra

Taken as a trophy: 2 tanks T34
Awesomeness. Respect to the insurgents if they can get those to run and find(/make) ammunition for the gun.

BUT WAIT...YOU ARE ALSO A PART OF NATO !!!

This is one reason enough to ignore your rants. Perhaps you do not know why you automatically qualify to be ignored ?? Quite simple.....self-centeredness.
And the stupidity of Pro Russian commentators on this thread continues.

Since when has Australia been part of NATO? Do you know what the N, A, T and O stand for? Have you ever seen a map?

As soon as i saw McCain in Maidan plaza everything was clear, nothing more to say. Mix it with a bit of Mittel-europe from german side and everything is ready, it is like seeing Croatia and the mark affair again.

Worse side of this is that we would have never let Ukraine inside EU . US must be really happy about their future petroleum export now that it is allowed(coincidence? no idea, lybia,syria,iraq ISIL look like a correlation but it doesn't mean there is casualty).
Some interesting tin foil hat stuff here. What was the "mark affair"? Could explain some about what you mean by petroleum export? Do you maybe mean US imports, instead?

While some commentators on this thread seem to, massively, misunderstand the EU, don't think the Ukriane's current government does. They must know they've totally screwed their chances (in the short/medium term) for EU membership. Suspect they've decided maintaining the Ukraine's territorial integrity is more important.

Did Merkel actually use the term Mitteleuropa?

Cadian

Aleksandr Dugin is an interesting character. His book Foundations of Geopolitics, correctly identifies America and it's expansionism, both military and cultural under the facade of unbridled liberty, as a major if not greatest threat to Russia. Anyway, his ideas are a bit too difficult to swallow for some and that is why BBC is quoting him. Basically BBC is telling everybody,"Hey look, an ultra nationalist is supporting the Eastern Ukrainians, they are evil, you see".

But I can't understand Putin, what is he thinking ?
I mean people (ethinc Russians) are getting slaughtered right in Russia's backyard and Putin seems to be showing weakness. This will affect his next elections and more importantly Russia's future itself.
Maybe @Cadian has some idea as to what Putin is thinking.
I have read mr. Dugin's book "Foundations of Geopolitics" and found it quite interesting. In greneral, it's an overview of scientific works of western authors like Friedrich Ratzel, Alfred Mahan, Halford Mackinder and some others.

Quite interesting

Turning back to Putin, as I previously wrote, there is no consolidated position in Russia. Putin is very limited in his actions and does many controversial steps and claims.

Most of our elite very has close ties with US and EU, so they are affected by pressure from the West and are doing everything to sabotage our steps to create an independent center of power.

Bill N2277 makes this pressure unprecedented and actually creates opportunities for coup in Russia:
https://beta.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/senate-bill/2277

bhramos

Country flag
Semenivka village after the shelling by Ukrainian army.

bhramos

Country flag
Vice News. Dispatch 55.

bhramos

Country flag
Rebel's tanks and MRL Grad

happy

And the stupidity of Pro Russian commentators on this thread continues.

Since when has Australia been part of NATO? Do you know what the N, A, T and O stand for? Have you ever seen a map?

Some interesting tin foil hat stuff here. What was the "mark affair"? Could explain some about what you mean by petroleum export? Do you maybe mean US imports, instead?

While some commentators on this thread seem to, massively, misunderstand the EU, don't think the Ukriane's current government does. They must know they've totally screwed their chances (in the short/medium term) for EU membership. Suspect they've decided maintaining the Ukraine's territorial integrity is more important.

Did Merkel actually use the term Mitteleuropa?
Ya ya ya....everybody the world over knows that AU is unable to manage her own real estate and leasing it out to 'you know who' ...ha ha ha....all the while claiming fidelity through people like you.

Before commenting about geopolitics, go and learn your country history first.

happy

Guys...the point...to put it quite simply is.......who is causing the destruction ?? Obviously....KIEV & WEST !!!

If anybody claims otherwise, the better put up pics of their stupid claims or shut up !!! @Akim you have already done quite sensibly by adhering to this ;)

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Russian - Ukrainian war. 10 July.

The liberated settlements Karlivka and Seversk.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
22.00 The liberated border checkpoint Chervonopartizansk (Червонопартизанськ).

pmaitra

OK... except he did murder them.
We can agree to disagree there. (You said it, hence proved, apparently.)

Of course I remember when you accussed me of being dishonest. You asked me to quote you verbatim (one of the many terms you use that you clearly don't understand) about your claims that Poles were Nazis, which I did. You then called me a liar, semi-literate and banned me.
Yes, you are either semi-literate or dishonest. Already proven in the relevant thread, and it is open of everyone to see.

To be honest, I'm done with you.
I am glad.

I am sure you are used to a lot more foul language in the "other forum" and expect the same standards here. We have better standards, so yes, once you get over the "culture shock," you will fare well.

N.B.: No one is allowed to post links to another forum or name it, but I made an exception with @Akim once, because he used it as an evidence to prove me wrong. Don't ask me "which forum." I may not answer.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
I show only the General map, but don't say what it takes to stop the flow of "volunteers" and military equipment from Russia. This, as Lernaean Hydra. Cut off one head - grows three.
Yesterday destroyed three tanks, from Russia arrived five.

Column in Krasnodon (Краснодон) . Names, specifically duplicate in Ukrainian, to find them on the map of hostilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles