CIA using Quetta, Kabul to destabilise Iran

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
India can learn a lot from this episode, of how the west runs its secret intel operations.

Link
In one of the worst cases, his group killed 22 citizens and abducted 7 more in Tasouki region on a road linking the southeastern city of Zahedan to another provincial town.

In 2007, Jundollah kidnapped 30 people in the southeastern Sistan and Balouchestan province. They were freed during a Pakistani police operation after abductors took them to the country.

Jundollah claimed responsibility the same year for an attack on an Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) bus in which 11 IRGC personnel were killed.

In its latest crime in October, the Pakistan-based terrorist Jundollah group, closely affiliated with the notorious al-Qaeda organization, claimed responsibility for a deadly attack in the Sistan and Balouchestan province which killed 42 people among them a group of senior military commanders, including Lieutenant Commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Force Brigadier General Nourali Shoushtari.

After yearlong operations the Iranian intelligence and security forces could arrest Jundollah's number two, Abdulhamid Rigi last year.

Abdulhamid, the brother of the captured ringleader of Jundollah, was charged with militancy against the Islamic Republic and corruption due to his membership, support and effective endeavors in the militant terrorist group.

He was sentenced to death and executed in Zahedan's prison on May 24 after the relevant judicial authorities approved the (initial) court ruling.

Abdulhamid's arrest eventually led to the discovery of the whereabouts of his brother's hideout, and after a long chase, Jundollah's number one, Abdolmalek Rigi, was eventually arrested in February by Iranian intelligence operatives aboard a flight from Dubai to Kyrgyzstan.

In his first confessions, Rigi stated that he was due to meet senior American officials in Kyrgyzstan to discuss new terrorist attacks on Iranian territory.

"After Obama was elected, the Americans contacted us and they met me in Pakistan. They met us after (Iranian forces') clashes with my group around March 17 in Zahedan and he (the US operative) said that Americans had requested a meeting," he said.

"They (Americans) said they would cooperate with us and will give me military equipment, arms and machine guns," Rigi stated, adding, "They also promised to give us a base along the border with Afghanistan next to Iran."

The Jundollah's ringleader then revealed the US plot for supporting all the anti-Iran terrorist groups, saying, "One of the CIA officers said that it was too difficult for us to attack Iran militarily, but we plan to give aid and support to all anti-Iran groups that have the capability to wage war and create difficulty for Iran's (Islamic) system."

The arrested ringleader of the Jundollah terrorist group said in his recent confessions that the US and Israel had allocated a huge budget to provide the terrorist gang with the financial support needed for the assassination of a number of Iranian officials in Tehran.

Rigi said that while in Morocco, suspected Israeli or US agents had given him a list of people to assassinate in Tehran.

In a recent interview, Rigi said that before his arrest Jundollah had held a series of meetings in Casablanca with a group who had claimed to be NATO contacts.

"When we looked back at all the things that had happened, we felt that two things were unclear. First, if they are from NATO why did they not meet with us in Afghanistan where they have bases and where they can contact us in a much more easy and secure manner," said Rigi.

"The second issue was that the first time they informed us that NATO forces wanted to meet with us we thought they were going to speak about eastern parts of Iran, because NATO forces are stationed in Afghanistan," he added.

"But they insisted that we should transfer our operations from the eastern border region to the capital. We thought that this was very strange. When we thought about it, we came to the conclusion that they are either Americans acting under NATO cover or Israelis," he further explained.

According to Rigi, the Israeli or US agents said they would provide him with a list of names, addresses, and photos of people who they had to assassinate in Tehran as well as any other equipment and explosives they may need to carry out their operations.

He further pointed out that they had promised him very high sums for the overall project as well as specific amounts of payments for each assassination.
Rigi was right on its hunch that it was the US who were talking under NATO flag or the Israeli's.Does US has a major CIA station at Casablanca? Does NATO have an intel corps?

Following is the transcript of Rigi's confession broadcasted live on Press TV on February 25.

'After Obama was elected, the Americans contacted us and they met me in Pakistan. They met us after clashes with my group around March 17 in (the southeastern city of) Zahedan, and he (the US operative) said that Americans had requested a meeting.

I said we didn't have any time for a meeting and if we do help them they should promise to give us aid. They said they would cooperate with us and will give me military equipment, arms and machine guns. They also promised to give us a base along the border with Afghanistan next to Iran.

They asked to meet me and we said where should we meet you and he said in Dubai. We sent someone to Dubai and we told a person to ask a place for myself in Afghanistan from the area near the operations and they complied that they would sort out the problem for us and they will find Mr. Rigi a base and guarantee his own security in Afghanistan or in any of the countries adjacent to Iran so that he can carry on his operations.

They told me that in Kyrgyzstan they have a base called Manas near Bishkek, and that a high-ranking person was coming to meet me and that if such high-ranking people come to the United Arab Emirates, they may be observed by intelligence people but in a place like Bishkek this high-ranking American person could come and we could reach an agreement on making personal contacts. But after the last major operation we took part in, they said that they wanted to meet with us.

The Americans said Iran was going its own way and they said our problem at the present is Iran"¦ not al-Qaeda and not the Taliban, but the main problem is Iran. We don't have a military plan against Iran. Attacking Iran is very difficult for us (the US). The CIA is very particular about you and is prepared to do anything for you because our government has reached the conclusion that there was nothing Americans could do about Iran and only I could take care of the operations for them.

One of the CIA officers said that it was too difficult for us to attack Iran militarily, but we plan to give aid and support to all anti-Iran groups that have the capability to wage war and create difficulty for the Iranian (Islamic) system. They reached the conclusion that your organization has the power to create difficulties for the Islamic Republic and they are prepared to give you training and/or any assistance that you would require, in terms of telecommunications security and procedures as well as other support, the Americans said they would be willing to provide it at an extensive level.'
'CIA using Quetta, Kabul to destabilise Iran'
Interview with Iranian ambassador to TSP.
"We knew Rigi was moving freely [between] Pakistan and Kabul, but Pakistan, despite our constant requests, did not help us arrest him. Pakistan said that they don't know anything about the Rigi group"¦ in the presence of such a strong monitoring system, how can I believe that Pakistan was unaware about all these things?" he added

On the gas pipeline agreement with Pakistan, he felt that the project has enhanced Pakistan's strategic importance, particularly in relation to India. "In addition to the added economic value of billions of dollars, the Iran gas pipeline agreement has boosted the strategic value of Pakistan in the region. If there is any third country recipient, they have to recognise that Pakistan is going to provide a peaceful passage," he said.

Answering a question on the silence regarding investigations into the attempt on the life of Pakistan's ambassador to Iran, Shakeri said that there would have to be "patience" on the issue, shooting back that a number of Iranians had died in Pakistan.

"One ambassador of Pakistan is hurt by a hooligan, whereas a number of our diplomats, students and engineers have lost their lives on Pakistani soil. One of our diplomats was abducted; [Iranian diplomats] Sadiq Ganji was killed in Lahore and [Muhammad Ali] Rahimi was killed in Multan. Iranian students who came here for training lost their lives; engineers who were building a bridge in Karachi, their reward was the bullets they received," he recalled.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles