Discussion in 'International Politics' started by Vinod2070, Apr 12, 2009.
But Egypt is not hostile to Israel as of now.
Guys, I agree that it seems far fetched now. I am in no way advocating the report or saying that it will come true but stranger things have happened in front of us.
Who colud have predicted the break up of the USSR even a few years before 1991? Pakistan even a few months before December 1971 (Well Mountbatten did, not sure how many believed it)?
All of Israel's strengths and the Arab's weaknesses don't take away the basic fact that Israel is extremely vulnerable. She is surrounded by suicidal enemies on all sides, is too small and there are several who want to see it utterly destroyed.
With respect to all the viewers and forum members here, I will say that this assessment somehow seems to me a propaganda or nothing else.
1. The US needs Israel in middle east or west Asia, as a technological partners in their R & D in defence technology, as Israel with help of finance of the US, develops high tech defence hardware which also caters for the USA, thus becoming US's one of the trusted ally.
2. Israeli lobby in the USA is strongest and in my opinion outshining other existing lobbies of the respective countries through out world.
3. Israel is a developed country, not an under developed chaotic one.
4. The Israelis are very united irrespective of any class, when any problem arises to their nation. The wave of Terrorist attacks could not unnerve them.
5. They are very much disciplined , discipline is a must for survival of a nation.
6. IDF is a very capable and trained Army with sophisticated weapons and can withstand unified Arab attack if this really happens! They are trained to cope with Guerrilla Warfare, not to mention their capabilities to withstand Terrorist Attack.
7. Not to mention the USA, there are other countries in this modern world are for the survival of this nation for their very strategic interest namely India and China.
8. Their enemies especially Arabs are not united, neither of the Arab countries has the technological capabilities or training to sustain the war alone with Israel.
9. Though Iran and Israel vows against each other I see the no war in near future with them, if any thing very serious happens. Iran , having a trained skilled Army it still lags in the Area of technological superiority in warfare.
Well, In my opinion only future can tells what happens to a nation, and it is true for every nation in this world.
It is a fact and Vinod I am agree with you but what Israelis have is the motivation, discipline and tendency to cope with harsh political and strategic environment. While her enemies though have the will neither they are united and nor they are motivated,and not to mention they are not disciplined enough as Israel is.
Dare Devil if I am not wrong Egypt chose the way of moving from the staunch hostility with Israel from the regime of late president Sadat.
Aren't the Israelis the 'enemy' in most of the military exercises Egypt carries out?
Yes, that is how it stands now. It may possibly change though I am not counting on that.
Even one rogue nation can cause enough destruction. We have some potential candidates: Pakistan, Iran...
Ture, Soham, Egypt's weaponry consists of western origin, that can not be denied that it gives her enough fire power, but still Israel's in house capabilities are world class, and since, Israel has experience in the western weaponry.
Also boasting advanced western weapons does not necessarily means that war will be tilt in favour of Egypt if actually war happens! Because not only advanced weapons needed but what means that the persons handles it handles it with superior techniques. For an example, 1971 war , IAF lacked the air craft like Sabre which had Air - to- Air Missile which PAF possessed , at that time, giving PAF an advantage in Air to Air combat ,but Sabres were downed by Folland Gnats.
I stated the western weaponry to show Egypt's weakness. Not strength.
If a war breaks out between Egypt and Israel. Egypt will be paralyzed by an arms embargo.
True , Vinod , Pakistan can be candidate , but an incompetent enemy in my opinion. initially it can cause destruction but later getting self destructed, more over it is an unstable enemy.
guys wiping out Israel from the map and replacing it with P-stine means sending an occupation force. Not just bombing it to submission and occupying a small chunk of land. Who has that capacity in the Middle East? What did Saddam with all his bravado do after Osirak? Israel does it's will with impunity.
guys, I agree with vinod here. stranger things have happened, and things change pretty quickly.
right now, israel is more than safe, but we never know the future. if CIA has some report than it should be taken seriously. obviously, they are privy to more info than all of us ever can be.
If one follows "No-one-knows-what-might-happen" theory, then India might not exist next month.
Lets be more realistic than that.
Didn't the same CIA report on the Iraqi WMDs?
There might even be fail safes built into some of the Egyptian weapons to render them almost useless against US systems. (Built into the IFF on missiles for example).
They are very careful with that kind of thing, a potential threat nation wouldn't be given weapons the US couldn't deal with easily (backdoors and the like).
Pretty much every intelligence service in the world thought Iraq had WMD's, not just the CIA.
Could you shed some more light on such examples ?
And by IFF do you mean the Identification friend or foe (IFF) system ?
obviously, they were working on an agenda to prepare the ground for attacking iraq. but their report was touted to justify the invasion, wasnt it.
so, it had an importance. similarly, any CIA report has some importance. they are either telling the truth or working on a US agenda, either way they should be taken seriously.
Maybe he did. They were just not nuclear. Saddam was a "poison-gas" guy.
He probably destroyed all that Sarin before the US stepped in..
Stinger Missiles, Hamas got a nasty surprise with them. I imagine equipment like AMRAAMs have a similar thing, although the US could probably override it (it would be daft if they couldn't) if they needed to.
And yes I do mean Indent friend or foe.
Separate names with a comma.