Christian Theology a look!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Gandhi was no God.

He is not even a Messiah to me.

I am grateful for his contribution, but I am not enamoured by his pithy platitudes and honey laced homilies either!

I rather meet the radicals and take them on, than be impressed by the total falsehood and charade of the so called liberals!

Take the example of Khurshed. One day a perfect Indian realising the falsehood of reservations and the next day a guttersnipe pandering to the Muslim as if he is nearbred to a drain!

Sir, we humans were born as one, without religion, without any baggage of hate or deprivation.

Society has divided us and is our social and moral ruin!

But we were born equal when the Creator introduced us on Earth!

Sir, religion has no meaning in the societal context.

To me, it is a personal thing to reflect upon and take courage from to face life without imposing the same on others!

Nothing in life is perfect.

And the modern debates are the worst of falsehood and deceit!

Too laced in fraudulent political correctness that is only political and very little correct!

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Gandhi was no God.

He is not even a Messiah to me.

I am grateful for his contribution, but I am not enamoured by his pithy platitudes and honey laced homilies either!

I rather meet the radicals and take them on, than be impressed by the total falsehood and charade of the so called liberals!
I cherry pick, i even quote from the bible and actually in the Thora it says "Do on to others as you would like them to do on to you, rest are all details" They had the balls to bet their whole teachings on one quote. That i like. I dont agree on a lot of what gandhi said but i like a few articulated sentences that i can use. I am a free thinker so we dont mind good stuff from anywhere.

Vyom

Seeker
The usual humbug given by mos to show how ooh la la, they are such liberals and so on!

If you are not a Hindu, please show it in indicating such an inclination in your posts!

What makes you discuss Christian theology?

Are you from Palestine that you are wild with the Jews of Israel and Christians of the West?

Why have you not created a thread on Hindu Theology and Muslim Theology or a Jan/Buddhist Theology?

Why this enamoured approach to Christianity.

Any American, Bible thumping, fire and brimstone evangelist tried to convert you that you are livid?

Or do you find that Christianity is the closest to your heart and you want to know more before you take the plunge?

I would advise stay with your own religion.

The Supreme Being is the Same.

It is better to find solace in what you know, that learn all over again when time on Earth is so short and measure that understanding religion is not a task that can be done in a lifetime!

Religion today is no religion, It is a business!
Organized religion is business or organizing people in the name of religion could be business. Faith itself is simply faith. Although people fail to understand the difference between faith and realization that comes through sound knowledge and disciplinary practice - that is which is called the steps to enlightenment.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
This is what I was taught.
... Are you a preacher...?

God created heavens and the earth. God created the angels, among whom was Lucifer (the Devil). Lucifer had free will and rebelled against God. God made Man and gave him free will. The Devil tempted Eve and Adam to rebel against God. Adam and Eve sinned.
The above seems to imply that Mr.God is unable to predict the outcome of actions emanating from free will (else he would have placed countermeasures, because God is Selfish. Don't believe me, Well in the old testament Mr. God says something to the tune of: I am the Lord your God. I am a selfish God. You shall have no other Gods before me. That by the way is the 1st commandment). Therefore Mr. God is not omniscient as he is unable to predict the outcome of free will. This violates the definition of God and therefore Mr. God is not God albeit an entity or entities more powerful than Mankind or someone's colorful imagination. Even the sentence " You shall have no other Gods before me", seems to imply that there are other Gods.

Sin brought death into the world.
By this do you mean physical death or something else ? Coz physical death was already present. After Mr Adam and Mrs Eve ate the fruit of knowledge (I wonder why God did not want us to be knowledgeable? "Selfish" ). They were thrown out of Eden. The major reason was that Mr.God did not want them to eat from the tree of life and become immortal and like the God(s). Again very selfish I Would say.

God sent Jesus to die for Man's sins so men could be saved.
Some people feel that, this is the case. But some other people (like me ) feel that, hey that's as ridiculous as saying "dipping in the Ganga will absolve you of your sins or as the muslims say... forget the muslims, I dont wanna die young.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
God could be an advanced alien and we are the "lab experiment"....thats why concept of god and religion is filled with contradictions.

He is testing whether humans can grow beyond there 'programming'. If god is infact an alien watching us then imo according to him the theists are the biggest idiots and he would be laughing his ass off while telling his fellow aliens whilst pointing to non believers "see...these group are people are evolving beyond the sum of Its parts".
Somehow you and I seem to think alike. I know people thing its crazy but hey people thought Galileo was crazy too.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Somehow you and I seem to think alike. I know people thing its crazy but hey people thought Galileo was crazy too.
Both of you are crazy and there is no doubt about that. Jesus was Alien? Dont bring in the Hindu gods or goddesses and Goloka the planet of Krishna and all that. Jesus was a carpenter on LSD drugs not a Alien.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Both of you are crazy and there is no doubt about that. Jesus was Alien? Dont bring in the Hindu gods or goddesses and Goloka the planet of Krishna and all that. Jesus was a carpenter on LSD drugs not a Alien.
who is saying jesus was an alien ? jesus never claimed to be god in the "god" sense. the christians are confused...if jesus was god then why did he pray to god while he was on the cross ? why would be pray to himself ? he says god is his father...again christians have taken this literally, what he meant was that god was a father to all humans but then again if god is his father then how come jesus is god himself ?

im talking about the imaginary figure in the clouds when i say god!

Vyom

Seeker
Advanced aliens? If you have even the slightest idea about how profoundly complicated the nature is, you would not say that. There are dichotomies inherent in the being of this world so weird that you can almost die of surprises and incomprehensible contradictions that live side by side.

You think your imaginations can run wild? Take a peek into modern physics and you will now why it is famously said "that reality is stranger than fiction" or something like that.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
I did not say Jesus was an alien. I said an entity described in scriptures of various religions can also be interpreted as an alien organism more advanced than Homo Sapiens. I have not affirmed that they are aliens (they could be the imagination of some broke dude who wanted to sell a book) but hey if people can believe that they are literally eating Jesus' body etc etc then i think this deserves a chance to be considered.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Advanced aliens? If you have even the slightest idea about how profoundly complicated the nature is, you would not say that. There are dichotomies inherent in the being of this world so weird that you can almost die of surprises and incomprehensible contradictions that live side by side.

You think your imaginations can run wild? Take a peek into modern physics and you will now why it is famously said "that reality is stranger than fiction" or something like that.
What are you trying to say. If you re just saying that I am retarded you could have saved a lot of space you know :) But seriously bro are you saying that modern physics proves that aliens do not exist...

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
What are you trying to say. If you re just saying that I am retarded you could have saved a lot of space you know :) But seriously bro are you saying that modern physics proves that aliens do not exist...
I think he is saying there are far better explanations than aliens regarding the origin of life.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think he is saying there are far better explanations than aliens regarding the origin of life.
No one is saying aliens created "life". the hypothesis is that aliens could have interfered with human history thousands of years ago. its not beyond resonable that humans back then would take an advanced space fllight capable alien as god!

if a person thousands of years ago was transported to an alien ship and instructed certain things to do then that person would believe that the beings were god.

Not that i belive that aliens interfered but i am saying it could be a possibility.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
No one is saying aliens created "life". the hypothesis is that aliens could have interfered with human history thousands of years ago. its not beyond resonable that humans back then would take an advanced space fllight capable alien as god!

if a person thousands of years ago was transported to an alien ship and instructed certain things to do then that person would believe that the beings were god.

Not that i belive that aliens interfered but i am saying it could be a possibility.
I am aware of the Ancient Astronaut theories.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
There maybe, there may not but until something substantial is proved, we are all entitled to think of several different possibilities.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
There maybe, there may not but until something substantial is proved, we are all entitled to think of several different possibilities.
And yet believing in god is absurd?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
beleiving in all mighty god is more absurd than beleiving that aliens might have interfered with human history in the distant past.

i believe in the none of the above.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Absurd from my POV not yours. If there is God, I have nothing to worry about, he being all-merciful will certainly forgive me. If there isn't then I am right and
theists are wrong and they have nothing to worry about except maybe all the time they wasted worshiping non-existent entities. So overall we re all good, nothing to worry about.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Absurd from my POV not yours. If there is God, I have nothing to worry about, he being all-merciful will certainly forgive me. If there isn't then I am right and
theists are wrong and they have nothing to worry about except maybe all the time they wasted worshiping non-existent entities. So overall we re all good, nothing to worry about.
If it boils down to POV then why this facade of scientific impossibilities and what not. If in the end perspective is all that matters, then why this debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles