Ching Chong! Ling Long! Ting Tong! - How to respond to subtle racism.

pmaitra

Ching Chong! Ling Long! Ting Tong! - How to respond to subtle racism.

Here is what UCLA student posted about Asians in UCLA:

This is how this fine and intelligent gentleman responded.

Last edited by a moderator:

mayfair

To be fair she did have a point about the irritating phone conversations in the library. Though she failed to mention that this phenomenon transcends races, nationalities and geography.

In my experience, South Asians studying overseas are some of the biggest wankers that I have come across.

Oracle

She is not wrong. She sounds racist, but she has her points which tick. Most people fail to integrate, or do not want to integrate.
I find her a bimbo more than a racist!

P.S. She's definitely good and the guy's kewl :D

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Maybe she has a point.

But I wonder if Asians as a rule do so as a matter of routine.

The westerners are not unknown to take a point and blow it up and pretend as a tsunami -earthquake - and radioactivity has hit them.

But then I was also never porritikarry korrect.

American plick!

Forgive my French!

Oracle

Maybe she has a point.

But I wonder if Asians as a rule do so as a matter of routine.
Not as a routine, but some do and keep doing it. And she definitely has a point, yet not the right way to express it. She could have walked over to their apartment and exchanged dis-pleasantries! This is what happens when a blondie speaks, most of the times they get spanked! :D

The westerners are not unknown to take a point and blow it up and pretend as a tsunami -earthquake - and radioactivity has hit them.

But then I was also never porritikarry korrect.

American plick!

Forgive my French!
:pound: :pound:

Oracle

This guy is good. Here's another video:

Last edited by a moderator:

amitkriit

Do westerners try to blend with others, when living in a foreign country? I doubt it. Instead they write a big fat book of complaints on how the host country is so backward culturally.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
heard about generation gap .. now this is race gap is it ?? :)

p2prada

Bimbos got a point she cannot explain without tripping over her brain.

An epifanny for your thoughts.

Ling Long baby.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Do westerners try to blend with others, when living in a foreign country? I doubt it. Instead they write a big fat book of complaints on how the host country is so backward culturally.
Good point there. We all have become so conditioned to try and "blend in" with Western culture, that we don't even realize that the same applies to Westerners who live in a "third world nation". But then, in 98+% cases it's us who migrate to the West, and not the other way round. So we'll have to suffer all this for a few decades more I guess...

mayfair

I think it also depends on the country. I have seen quite a few westerners "blending" in quite "well" in places such as Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Does not mean there are no whiners among them. Of course, all bets are off when it comes to "blending" in India and the neighbours.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
She was not raciest but intolerant and close minded.I agree people should keep it down in the library and may be she feels left out and unimportant in her own country with so many foreigners dominating the University.. She is just an average self-important girl who cant think beyond her well. I dont like some asians types myself. The way they color their hair and act as if they are also white annoys me a lot!! May be they can fool themselves into believing they are whites too and how cool it is to look whit but i am not impressed and that attitude bugs me..

Oracle

/\/\/\ Keeping your voice down in the library is basic manners, as well as not jumping a queue or leaving a little space in between the person in front of you when you are at the ATM. It's nothing about feeling unimportant.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
/\/\/\ Keeping your voice down in the library is basic manners, as well as not jumping a queue or leaving a little space in between the person in front of you when you are at the ATM. It's nothing about feeling unimportant.
Ya thats what i mean, the white girl was right on those issues.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think Indians go overboard to blend with the culture they are in when they go abroad including using toilet paper!

So, I take it that the Ting tong, ling long, pong pong was not an Indian.

I never shake hands with a white person. I just do a namaste. It is not that I am being rude or being culturally superior, it is just that my sense of hygiene prevents me from shaking hands with those whose post ablution habits maybe a trifle dangerous to my personal health.

The same type of phobia, if you will, that affects westerners when they visit India and pop pills for various imagined diseases that the Indian air and water carries without fail (well, at least, as per them)!

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think Indians go overboard to blend with the culture they are in when they go abroad including using toilet paper!

So, I take it that the Ting tong, ling long, pong pong was not an Indian.

I never shake hands with a white person. I just do a namaste. It is not that I am being rude or being culturally superior, it is just that my sense of hygiene prevents me from shaking hands with those whose post ablution habits maybe a trifle dangerous to my personal health.

The same type of phobia, if you will, that affects westerners when they visit India and pop pills for various imagined diseases that the Indian air and water carries without fail (well, at least, as per them)!
I still cant get my head around the fact that they dont use water ? and they have audacity to point finger at India by saying there are no flush toilets here ?

No wonder the europeans invented perfume since they didn't have bath for days.

Public places in India may be dirty but personal hygiene and cleanliness of ones own house is always high.

pmaitra

Regarding using toilet paper or water for cleaning oneself, it is true water is a better cleaner than toilet paper. However, it is merely an assumption that people simply use toilet papers and get on with their business. In reality, and this is what many people don't know, is that people usually wash their hands after visiting the restroom, whether for emptying their bladders or intestines, with soap and water. So no concerns about shaking hands with anyone.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
^^ The best is the 'water jet' spray. Its like a handheld tap, sometimes called a 'health faucet'. You just lift it from its stand and press the button to get a spray of water. Aim the spray on your arse and the job is done :D

I've got it installed in all toilets in my house.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles