Chinese villagers under rapid upgrades.

mylegend

So tell me what is your idea of crafting foreign reserve for domestic market. Until now, there is no effective use for foreign reserve in domestic marketing other than using it to subsidize import product(developing nation should encourage export, not import). What is your indirect use? No government policy maker around this world have yet find out how to use it effectively for domestic economy. If you can find it out, and back it up with economic model and theory(you can name it after yourself), you may even win a Nobel on this.

The known example I know nation using foreign reserve is Arab nation using it to subsidize food for the public because their agricultural capacity is not on par with their population. Another example is country such as India using it to subsidize gasoline and diesel. Another bad economic example lead to inefficient use of foreign reserve.

Foreign reserve cannot be directly used in domestic markets, but they can be well crafted for indirect use.

So reading both together, puts us in a cloud.

sorcerer

Country flag
So tell me what is your idea of crafting foreign reserve for domestic market. Until now, there is no effective use for foreign reserve in domestic marketing other than using it to subsidize import product(developing nation should encourage export, not import). What is your indirect use? No government policy maker around this world have yet find out how to use it effectively for domestic economy. If you can find it out, and back it up with economic model and theory(you can name it after yourself), you may even win a Nobel on this.

The known example I know nation using foreign reserve is Arab nation using it to subsidize food for the public because their agricultural capacity is not on par with their population. Another example is country such as India using it to subsidize gasoline and diesel. Another bad economic example lead to inefficient use of foreign reserve.
Awww.
Dont give more than its weight to the words like "crafy" etc.

my be its a new information for you..but there is a world bank blog which said Chinese have already used it to boost its agriculture.

Before you flare up...read what is written, think with your brain rather than with your knuckles.

How can China use its foreign reserves to help?
It also recently used some of the reserves to recapitalize the Agriculture Development Bank. This capital injection increases that bank's ability to finance agriculture and rural development in China.

mylegend

Awww.
Dont give more than its weight to the words like "crafy" etc.

my be its a new information for you..but there is a world bank blog which said Chinese have already used it to boost its agriculture.

Before you flare up...read what is written, think with your brain rather than with your knuckles.
Sure you can use foreign reserve that way, but It is not as effective as direct investment in Yuan(something you can print and not as scarce) The article( mention that it does not have to be converted into Yuan. So what is their method? they can not get around the basic. What they can do is use the USD to hire expert and buy equipment to help the farmers. However, dollar for dollar, same amount of money is much more effective in China due to purchasing power of Yuan in China. For that foreign equipment cost more so does foreign expert. If the bank seek to finance Chinese farmer, they still need to either convert their money into Yuan or use their USD as collateral for Yuan.

You twisted my argument. What I have argue is there is no effective use for foreign reserve in domestic marketing, injecting the money into Agriculture Development Bank is not effective for Chinese economy. Need I mind you that those capital injected into Agriculture Development Bank does not only benefit China? Why should China invest hard-earn dollar helping others? China is already poor enough if we look at per capital number.

I am pretty sure what you have quoted from World Bank Blog is new information for you. My judgement is based on your lack of ability to interpret it on your own. Your lack of knowledge in this field has already been exposed when you replied to Badguy2000 "So...how did these foreign reserve come into being,.YOu printed it yourself?" and claims foreign reserve is government revenue.

Before you quote something, learn how does it work compare to just googling how to use foreign reserve.

Last edited:

amoy

Foreign reserves of course can be used INDIRECTLY in the domestic market.

For example, Chinese firms buying up/investing in foreign assets/equity with the reserves, such as oil fields will contribute to keeping petrol prices low domestically thus benefiting common Chinese

Reference: China in Iraq: winning without a war - Alarabiya.net English | Front Page
According to business Monitor International, (BMI), in November 2008, China and Iraq finalised a $ 3bn oil service contract for the development of the Ahdab oil field. The State-run Chinese National Petroleum Co. (CNPC) originally signed a Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) for the field in 1997. This is the first deal from the Saddam Hussein era to be honoured by the new Iraqi regime. While in November 2009, CNPC won a large stake in a $ 15 billion deal to develop the Rumaila oil field in southern Iraq, thought to be the second largest in the world. In December 2009, CNPC was awarded a 50% stake in the development of the Halfaya oilfield located southern Iraq. Halfaya is proven to hold 4.1 billion barrels of recoverable reserve and has production potential of 200 thousand to half million bpd. In February 2010, Beijing cancelled 80% of Iraq's $8.5 billion debt to China, a move designed to further Chinese business interests in the country. In June 2012, CNPC finished the first phase of the Halfaya and increased production from 3,000 bpd to 100,000 bpd, 15 months ahead of schedule.

mylegend

By subsidizing oil, you encourage inefficient use of oil. For instance, it might be cheaper to produce electricity using natural gas, but because government subsidize oil, power plant choose oil instead. Even if government only subsidize only gasoline and diesel for general public, this encourage wasteful use of oil, and increase of usage will also increase your import bill on things you should not spend in the first place. India subsidized their diesel and gasoline, what do they get? People that can not afford gasoline and diesel in the first place are driving, when oil price increase due to consumption, government have to continue to cover the bill, combine that with dramatic increase of wasteful or inefficient use of oil, you got a problem. Remember, you are using hard earn export and Foreign investment to fund that. It is much easier to spend it then to accumulate. The better method might be using it to build up natural resource reserve.

Buying oil field is like nation's foreign investment, it make sense if the price is right. Sometime, it is cheaper to buy it directly from other producer. However, government should not kept oil price artificially low. It does not benefit the overall economy. There is some other better use than subsidy. There is only very few area government should subsidize, oil price is not one of it. Education, infrastructure, high value added industry and high tech industry should be given higher priority when comes to subsidizing compare to oil price. It is just an option the conserve oil resource domestically.

Foreign reserves of course can be used INDIRECTLY in the domestic market.

For example, Chinese firms buying up/investing in foreign assets/equity with the reserves, such as oil fields will contribute to keeping petrol prices low domestically thus benefiting common Chinese

Reference: China in Iraq: winning without a war - Alarabiya.net English | Front Page

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
I am pretty sure what you have quoted from World Bank Blog is new information for you. My judgement is based on your lack of ability to interpret it on your own. Your lack of knowledge in this field has already been exposed when you replied to Badguy2000 "So...how did these foreign reserve come into being,.YOu printed it yourself?" and claims foreign reserve is government revenue.

Before you quote something, learn how does it work compare to just googling how to use foreign reserve.
Oh..That was sarcasm, btw, if you didnt get it.
He started the argument with wrong ambience..so I thought he deserved it.

As I said, read betweeen the lines.

There are some established methods and I think this is the reason a few in PRC argue that something needed to be done with the Foreign reserves to develop the rural population.
I very well know that the few people arguing this in PRC are also well aware of the facts of foreign reserves.

I know this statement will end up in a rhetoric.

My understanding about economics/new information/my ability to google etc are not going to change reality for you.So let us leave these fringe factors out.

amoy

when did I mention "subsidizing"?

by making use of forex wisely in overseas investment a firm hence gains access to cheaper raw materials. in turn the firm is enabled to produce and sell finished products cheaper domestically.

is it rocket science? is it being done globally?

examples galore include investing in Myanmar pipieline and port facilities with forex to ensure secure and stable supply resulting in benefits for domeatic consumers

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

mylegend

Sorry about if my last comment offended you. I did not mean to twist your argument. You are right about when smart investment are made, they can lower the cost of oil for state-own oil company. If those company can lower their cost structure sure they can decrease cost that way, however, so far they have not yet been able to do so. Their cost may have been lower by acquire foreign oil field, but they have use much of portion of those surplus to corruption and wasteful practice within those state-own company, they have also been overpaying for some deal.

I do agree with you that government should encourage investing oversea on resource and other needed area. I have not carefully read your reply.

when did I mention "subsidizing"?

by making use of forex wisely in overseas investment a firm hence gains access to cheaper raw materials. in turn the firm is enabled to produce and sell finished products cheaper domestically.

is it rocket science? is it being done globally?

examples galore include investing in Myanmar pipieline and port facilities with forex to ensure secure and stable supply resulting in benefits for domeatic consumers

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

huaxia rox

I think its clear now.
A 2005 United Nations report stated that the income gap between the urban and rural areas was among the highest in the world and warned that this gap threatend social stability. The report urged China to take greater steps to improve conditions for the rural poor, and bolster education, health care, and the
social security system. The new PPP(Purchasing Power Parity ) measurement may increase pressure within China to expand efforts to promote development in the rural areas where over 800 million people reside. According to a recent article in the Atlantic Monthly, some Chinese question why the government does not use its massive foreign exchange reserves to help alleviate poverty and respond to increasing income disparities across the country, rather than invest those funds overseas assets, such as in U.S. Treasuries.

i see. you cant answer questions of this kind can you?
instead of giving money to poor people why doesn india want to launch some mars probe?

Indians see red over $82 mln Mars mission — RT News
India plans to launch a research satellite to Mars next year at an estimated cost of $82 million, money which critics say would be better spent on battling poverty in a country where people lack electricity and clean drinking water......

and in the case of prc....large foreign exchange reserves is important to prcs economic system.

eg you sovereign credit rating is therefore higher so the financing price for the whole country or big state owned companies is much lower than those in sumilar condictions but fewer reserves.

this thread alone is demonstrating how chinese are handling the 'disparity' problem and in my opinion to seriously deal with corruption is the best and only way to make money into the hands of average people.

sorcerer

Country flag
i see. you cant answer questions of this kind can you?
instead of giving money to poor people why doesn india want to launch some mars probe?

Indians see red over $82 mln Mars mission — RT News
India plans to launch a research satellite to Mars next year at an estimated cost of $82 million, money which critics say would be better spent on battling poverty in a country where people lack electricity and clean drinking water......

and in the case of prc....large foreign exchange reserves is important to prcs economic system.

eg you sovereign credit rating is therefore higher so the financing price for the whole country or big state owned companies is much lower than those in sumilar condictions but fewer reserves.

this thread alone is demonstrating how chinese are handling the 'disparity' problem and in my opinion to seriously deal with corruption is the best and only way to make money into the hands of average people.
critics can say quiet a lot of things..thats why they are called critics.
If this nation can survive odds of scams and still manage to grow..i dont think critics need to be worried about anything sending people to mars or moon.Its all part of a larger framework and that will take its own course.
Well..as usual and as everywhere and anywhere in the world correctional measures are in place and is being exercised as and to the extent possible by it.

Credit ratings has been on the flip for both PRC and India. so thats not quiet a strong point pertaining to any nation.
Also you should have read reports of PRC giving false accounts pertaining to its national statistics. Period

huaxia rox

critics can say quiet a lot of things..thats why they are called critics.
yes. we got these rountinly.

If this nation can survive odds of scams and still manage to grow..i dont think critics need to be worried about anything sending people to mars or moon.Its all part of a larger framework and that will take its own course.
what do you mean by that? your country can survive and grow by sending people (see i said sending probe...by saying probe people should assume what i was saying is unmanned thing) to the moon and mars while my country cant survive and grow if we have larger foreign exchange reserves?

Well..as usual and as everywhere and anywhere in the world correctional measures are in place and is being exercised as and to the extent possible by it.
what correctional measures are you referring to? reduce the payload or size of your mars probe so it can be lighter than all the beer me and other 6-7 friends can drink the other night? but still every space nation has GDP per capita much higher than india i asume. your unique condiction is really not as usual and as everywhere as your claimed.

Credit ratings has been on the flip for both PRC and India. so thats not quiet a strong point pertaining to any nation.
credit ratings not strong point then what is?? the whole issue about the current EU is centerred at their sovereign credit rating. can we have anything more strong than that??

Also you should have read reports of PRC giving false accounts pertaining to its national statistics. Period
false accounts? you mean stuff like this kind?
Has India Plunged Into Recession? GDP Data Fudge Reveals Details-|-Capital Mind

yes. sort of get used to that kind of news.

how ever what i choose to believe is this kind:
GDP (official exchange rate):

$8.26 trillion
note: because China's exchange rate is determine by fiat, rather than by market forces, the official exchange rate measure of GDP is not an accurate measure of China's output; GDP at the official exchange rate substantially understates the actual level of China's output vis-a-vis the rest of the world; in China's situation, GDP at purchasing power parity provides the best measure for comparing output across countries (2012 est.)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ch.html

please be aware of the link and who made the link. dont know which organization in the world has more credits than that.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
5 Most Lovely Chinese Villages
The Five Most Beautiful Villages in China
by Tom Carter, author of CHINA: Portrait of a People

China, the mystery of the Orient, and also its greatest paradox. The fastest growing economy in the world from history's oldest civilization, whence steel and glass skylines are haloed by crumbling walls and well-heeled bankers rub shoulders with barefooted ethnic minorities.

The country is amidst one of the most rapid transformations in its vast history, what this author calls the Dynasty of Change, yet also remains a veritable kingdom of the ancients.

During my two-year journey to every province and autonomous region in the People's Republic, I have been blessed to visit both the gleaming metropolises of China's future and the sepia toned remnants of its past.

The following series of photos, taken from my new book of photography 'CHINA: Portrait of a People,' are what I personally consider the most beautiful sites of Old China; those remote villages that have yet to meet China's wrecking ball, and a proud people contented to proceed with their antediluvian customs as they have for five thousand years.

To be sure, villages such as Lijiang in Yunnan and Jiangsu's Zhouzhuang are at once protected heritage sites and popular tour group destinations offering an accessible and attractive albeit faux look at traditional village life.

But for a glimpse into China's true history, an excursion in the opposite direction from the crowds, off the proverbial beaten path, will reward the intrepid traveler with sites and experiences incomparable.

5) QIAN NIAN YAO ZHAI, Liannan Yao Autonomous County, Guangdong

Overshadowed by the neon glare of Guangzhou, South China's notorious capital city of concrete, crowds and crime, and lost in the karst peaks of North Guangdong, 1,000 year-old Qian Nian Yao Zhai is the largest and oldest Yao minority village in the country. Over 7,000 red-turbaned Yao tribespeople once occupied the sloping stone and slate homes. However poverty and generational differences have dramatically reduced the population to less than 200 residents, leaving the mountain village a perfectly preserved portrait of traditional Yao culture.

4) GONGTAN, Youyang Tujia-Miao Autonomous County, Chongqing

Nestled beneath the Wuling Mountains and overlooking the jade shoals of the Wu Jiang River, rustic Gongtan was founded in 200AD and is home to the region's Tujia minority people. For centuries accessible only by boat, the Ming Dynasty-era estates are constructed entirely out of wood and perched on stilts against the steep palisades. Unfortunately, the 2,000 year-old architecture is fated for the pyres of modernization when the municipality's local government will bulldoze the village this fall to build the Pengshui Hydro Power Plant. Visit while you can!

3) LANGMUSI, Gansu-Sichuan border

Historically, Sichuan used to be part of Kham Tibet and it wouldn't be inconceivable to think that most Tibetans do not recognize the provincial boundaries of government-drawn maps nor the ethnic divisions of census bureaus. Located 3,000 meters atop the mountains of West China and directly on the Gansu-Sichuan border, Langmusi is a slat-board settlement and spiritual stopover for resplendent Tibetan Buddhist pilgrims come to worship at the Sezhi and Geerdeng monasteries. Despite the recent earthquakes in northern Sichuan province, Langmusi was blessed to remain unscathed and thusly one of the region's last standing traditional villages.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
2) TIANLUOKENG, Fujian

West Fujian's Hakka people, a subgroup of the Han, migrated to South China during the Qin Dynasty and, to protect themselves from hostile locals, ingeniously constructed clusters of circular, fortress-like homes directly out of the elements. The Tulou rammed-earth structures of Nanjing County span 4 stories and up to 40,000 square meters, housing up to one hundred residents apiece - the epitome of Chinese communal living.

1) ZENGCHONG, Miao-Dong Autonomous Prefecture, Guizhou

With ethnic minorities maintaining over 40% of the provincial population, Guizhou is China's least developed but arguable most attractive region. A constellation of uncharted settlements populate the mountains of South-East Guizhou, most notably the secluded Dong village of Zengchong. Surrounded by pyramid-like rice terraces and protected by a crystalline moat, the small islet supports 100 tightly-packed slat board residences and a three hundred year-old wooden drum tower. Master carpenters for centuries, the Dong have beyond a doubt constructed the most beautiful village in China.

watch thisvideo

China Travel Articles: 5 Most Lovely Chinese Villages

Last edited by a moderator:

sorcerer

Country flag
yes. we got these rountinly.
what do you mean by that? your country can survive and grow by sending people (see i said sending probe...by saying probe people should assume what i was saying is unmanned thing) to the moon and mars while my country cant survive and grow if we have larger foreign exchange reserves?
I dont care and give a damn about what your country does probing whom or themselves and sending what to where. My intention was If My country can survive with all these odds of scams and fiends around it, then it sure will hold course.
Critics can talk all they want about Indias spending on technology..but thats not going to change anything for Indias quest.

Foreign exchange reserve...its a reserve..and it needed to be used with a scheme which Beijing thinks otherwise... So no mention on that either.

what correctional measures are you referring to? reduce the payload or size of your mars probe so it can be lighter than all the beer me and other 6-7 friends can drink the other night? but still every space nation has GDP per capita much higher than india i asume. your unique condiction is really not as usual and as everywhere as your claimed.
Correctional measures i refered to was about corruption not about mars probe. Looks like you are way interested in the probe thing.
You get "lighter" by drinking "a beer" with "6 or 7 friends"? Is that some truth about the Space program of PRC..drinking beer and feeling light? Well..it would be if PRC had not stolen the tech of US space programs to "invent" own space programs.

About GDP...aaahh..typical PRC number comparing method to measure greatness.
According to PRC metric system 6 inch means 10+inch..the great number game.
Sorry..we dont function that way. We have a number and we know how to use that number effectively in makin policies and putting out correctional measures..

credit ratings not strong point then what is?? the whole issue about the current EU is centerred at their sovereign credit rating. can we have anything more strong than that??
What I meant was during the recession every country has suffered the wrath of rating agencies..including the USA. So what i meant was not just India..PRC also suffered downgrade. Period.

false accounts? you mean stuff like this kind?
That link says about slowdown..its true.there is slow down and its global.
This will be a nice read for you,Seems like your "very existance depands" upon GDP number.

Should China Worry About a GDP Slowdown?
Growth in China seems to be slowing. Will political instability rise?
For years, the conventional wisdom about China's GDP was this: if the country didn't meet its target of 8 percent annualized growth, political instability would result. The reasoning behind this wisdom is pretty simple: the Chinese Communist Party, having long ago forfeited its ideological legitimacy, depends solely on providing economic growth in order to stay in power. So long as enough people prosper, they'll put up with a fair amount of repression and corruption. But as soon as economic growth slows, China could be in for a rude awakening.

If anything, a bigger risk to political stability in China is an economic collapse rather than a gradual slowdown. A cataclysmic financial crisis -- precipitated, perhaps, by the popping of one of China's housing bubbles -- that resulted in the depletion of investor savings could unleash far more public anger than a slight drop in GDP growth.
Chill on that news article with a beer and 6-7 friends.
My intention was...basically not just India..even PRC has suffered slowdown unless otherwise believed by some individuals.

About your Fake GDP:
The Curious Case of China's GDP Figures | China Power
Experts Warn of Fake Economic Numbers in China
Experts Warn of Fake Economic Numbers in China | Business & Economy | China | Epoch Times

. The total GDP figures of China's 31 provinces for 2012 added up to 57.6 trillion yuan, giving the phantom 32nd province an annual GDP of 5.7 trillion yuan. For many economists, this was just a shining example of what they have believed for years: that China's GDP numbers are questionable at best, and often exaggerate China's growth, largely for political reasons.
There are a number of reasons for doubts about the accuracy of China's GDP. To begin, there are structural political disincentives to reporting accurate GDP figures at the local level. Local officials are promoted almost entirely on the basis of their locality's growth rates, giving them a huge incentive to report increasing GDP figures, no matter if they are or not. Environmental concerns have also created an incentive for officials to lie: higher growth rates, when paired with the amount of coal burned, give the province an appearance of greater energy efficiency.

There are also questions about the mechanics of compiling and calculating the GDP figures, including how much inflation is accounted for. The Wall Street Journal recently quoted Standard Chartered economist Stephen Green as saying that he believes that China's 2012 GDP was closer to 5.5%, as opposed to the official figure of 7.8%.
Finally, economists are concerned about the sampling methods of the NBS: the South China Morning Post reports that officials still "rely heavily on an old-fashioned input-output model of industrial value-added derived from the era of soviet-style central planning"
The real answer here is to not rely on the figure of China's GDP as the end all, be all.
$8.26 trillion
note: because China's exchange rate is determine by fiat, rather than by market forces, the official exchange rate measure of GDP is not an accurate measure of China's output; GDP at the official exchange rate substantially understates the actual level of China's output vis-a-vis the rest of the world; in China's situation, GDP at purchasing power parity provides the best measure for comparing output across countries (2012 est.)
Well..even CIA got carried away by your fake figures last year.
CIA handbooks are there for a reason..its an abstract..a collection of information. The same US Govt has issued statement about your fake GDP. The above Quotes I put out from a news paper is March 5, 2013..quiet recent.

mmmmm...Clear as vodka!!

Last edited:

huaxia rox

I dont care and give a damn about what your country does probing whom or themselves and sending what to where. My intention was If My country can survive with all these odds of scams and fiends around it, then it sure will hold course.
Critics can talk all they want about Indias spending on technology..but thats not going to change anything for Indias quest.
and my country can survive with sufficent foreign exchange reserves to. no one gives a damn to why some other countries just have a few of those. most likely they cant sell as much stuff as prc to earn the money.

Foreign exchange reserve...its a reserve..and it needed to be used with a scheme which Beijing thinks otherwise... So no mention on that either.
yes like gold reserves. why not sell them for the poor? every nation has its plan and people can complain because they think money should go to other places. i ve said to solve the problems in prc to wipe off corruption is the first option and to touch any reserves should be the last. although no one expects cpc can do that anti corruption job but even to some extent it does many poor people can be better off.

Correctional measures i refered to was about corruption not about mars probe. Looks like you are way interested in the probe thing.
You get "lighter" by drinking "a beer" with "6 or 7 friends"? Is that some truth about the Space program of PRC..drinking beer and feeling light? Well..it would be if PRC had not stolen the tech of US space programs to "invent" own space programs.
1 prc doesnt necessarily need any nano probe. manned space tech is what goes first at the moment.

2 as if any of chinese rocket looked alike american. unlike SLV actually american scout a la india.

About GDP...aaahh..typical PRC number comparing method to measure greatness.
According to PRC metric system 6 inch means 10+inch..the great number game.
Sorry..we dont function that way. We have a number and we know how to use that number effectively in makin policies and putting out correctional measures..
what typical? a typical way of capable of showing some links like from CIA? i need refrence about you 6 inch means 10+inch part here.

What I meant was during the recession every country has suffered the wrath of rating agencies..including the USA. So what i meant was not just India..PRC also suffered downgrade. Period.
yes but creit rating is nothing but important for financing a nation or its major companies. why did you say its not strong? so i asked you the reason. how its not strong?

That link says about slowdown..its true.there is slow down and its global.
This will be a nice read for you,Seems like your "very existance depands" upon GDP number.
who doesnt know there is a slow down of economy? i was saying indians are offcially fudging their data.
Sujan Hajra: Facts about official figures | Business Standard
The MoSPI budget alone has trebled over two years. Yet, the quality of data that are released in India has deteriorated considerably in the recent past. We now pay a rapidly increasing price for official data and, in turn, get numbers that are simply fudged or have higher degrees of error.

Chill on that news article with a beer and 6-7 friends.
My intention was...basically not just India..even PRC has suffered slowdown unless otherwise believed by some individuals.
yes there is slow down. but that doesnt mean every nation is being slow equally.

About your Fake GDP:
The Curious Case of China's GDP Figures | China Power
Experts Warn of Fake Economic Numbers in China
Experts Warn of Fake Economic Numbers in China | Business & Economy | China | Epoch Times

Well..even CIA got carried away by your fake figures last year.
CIA handbooks are there for a reason..its an abstract..a collection of information. The same US Govt has issued statement about your fake GDP. The above Quotes I put out from a news paper is March 5, 2013..quiet recent.

mmmmm...Clear as vodka!!
1 the CIA report is about FY of 2012. are you telling me you can have report of FY of 2013? jesus christ.

2 the nominal GDP of prc of CIA figure was even well higher than the offical figure back then (end of 2012). how ever due to our currency RMB going higher and higher in the last few months it seems offcial figure now is a bit higher than the CIA one when measured by USD. but what else can i complain? for an economy that has real growth appreciation of the currency is very inevitable. but any way CIA is an independent organization that has its own ways to caculate stuff. they got settallites to monitor how many new buildings and cars and infrastrture and even moving people from other places one country is having.

3 for curiosity which department of the us has issued statement about our fake GDP? i need reference. waiting for someone bigger than CIA.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Last edited:

huaxia rox

far fewer than untouchable and bonded and slave child labours in the country called india that has average salary lower than vietnam.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
far fewer than untouchable and bonded and slave child labours in the country called india that has average salary lower than vietnam.
Good point.

How many from the Laogais have become head of their State or the President.

In India untouchables, as you call them, have.

Bonded and child labour?

Here is something worth reading:

As China's Economy Grows, So does China's Child Labour Problem

Child labour in China is hardly a new phenomenon. For years, despite official regulations banning the employment of minors (defined by Chinese law as those under sixteen years of age), teenagers and even pre-adolescents from poorer regions of China have been drawn to the rapidly developing southern and coastal areas looking for work. For this army of juvenile labourers, employment is readily available in the workshops and factories (and to a lesser extent related industries, such as food service) that are at the heart of China's economic boom. A recent People's Daily Report cites an investigation undertaken by the government agency in charge of monitoring labour conditions in Shandong province's Jinan City. According to the report, the use of juvenile labour is most prevalent in the following industries: Toy production, textiles, construction, food production, and light mechanical work. Concerning the latter, the report concludes that child labour is particularly in demand because children have smaller hands and eyesight undamaged by years of labour, making them more desirable than adults for certain kinds of work.

As China's Economy Grows, So does China's Child Labour Problem | China Labour Bulletin

China: End Child Labor in State Schools

"China claims that it is fighting child labor, and repeatedly cites its legal prohibition against the practice as proof," said Sophie Richardson, Asia advocacy director at Human Rights Watch. "But the government actively violates its own prohibitions by running large programs through the school system that use child labor, lack sufficient health and safety guarantees, and exploit loopholes in domestic labor laws."
Child Labour | Status of Chinese People

Bonded labour

The Dark Side of Labor in China

The country's unique combination of
Communist ideology and decentralized economic power has contributed to the use of both state sanctioned and unsanctioned forced labor, the latter of which is perpetuated through ineffective policies, corruption, and a lack of legal enforcement. Systematic statistics on the extent of forced

labor are not available due to China's repressive political system. However, news articles, reports, research, and the testimonies of past forced laborers attest to the severity of the situation.

State-sanctioned forced labor is widely promoted and justified by the government through the Communist doctrine of "reform through labor."

Since its inception, the Laogai has been used to suppress and indoctrinate petty criminals, political dissidents, religious adherents, and others who are seen as threats to governmental and social stability.

Inmates are used to produce cheap commodities, which, although officially prohibited from exportation, are often indistinguishable from factory goods and continue to find their way into the global market. Prison labor is no longer as profitable of an enterprise as it once was—due in part to international concern and to the inefficiencies of prison-run businesses in general—yet it remains a cornerstone of China's "reform through labor" policy.

Reeducation-through-labor policies also affect school age children through the sanctioned use of juvenile work camps, "work study" schools, and school-related contracted work programs.

A prominent example is the 2001 explosion that killed over forty people in an elementary school, the majority of which were third and fourth graders. The explosion was attributed to fireworks that the children were being forced to assemble. In rural institutions especially, students can be asked to work in order to make up for the budget or to pay teachers. Some schools also employ their students in factory work as a form of job training. In these situations, however, much of the work done is tedious and unskilled rather than career orientated.

In China, as in many areas of the world, poverty is a key player in modern slavery, propelling peasants into positions of bonded labor and young children into dangerous and tedious jobs.

However, government policies concerning urban migration and public education also play a large role, exacerbating the vulnerabilities of migrants and children instead of protecting these already at risk populations.

http://www.du.edu/korbel/hrhw/researchdigest/slavery/china.pdf

It is time one learns of his OWN country before commenting!

huaxia rox

how many?

even deng xiaoping used to be in laogai for three years.

can you go one time without asking rethorical question?

but he can get out free. can your untouables become upper caste like the leader of RSS??

and child labor

India proposes ban on child labor - Washington Post
UNICEF, the United Nations' children's agency, estimates that about 28 million Indian children younger than 14 are working...

why under 14?

under 16 should be called child labor.

t_co

how many?

even deng xiaoping used to be in laogai for three years.
:rofl: touche huaxia, touche

can you go one time without asking rethorical question?

but he can get out free. can your untouables become upper caste like the leader of RSS??

and child labor

India proposes ban on child labor - Washington Post
UNICEF, the United Nations' children's agency, estimates that about 28 million Indian children younger than 14 are working...

why under 14?

under 16 should be called child labor.
Yeah, not sure why @Ray is going on and on about child labor as a component of China's economic growth over the past 30 years, when even the US State Dept indicates child labor comprises less than 1% of the manpower of the Chinese labor pool...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles