Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island from the Philippines in 2014

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island from the Philippines in 20

As I said before, such an approval is needed for ceding sovereign Indian territory. But Katchatheevu wasn't legally having that status when the maritime borders were drawn in 1974.
It was Indian territory by natural practice.

Check your law.

Is Laccadive a part of India or even Andaman?

Phantom

Re: Chinese troops to seize Zhongye Island from the Philippines in 20

It was Indian territory by natural practice.

Check your law.

Is Laccadive a part of India or even Andaman?
AFAIK, none of the islands in the Lakshadweep or A&N chain fall within another Nation's maritime boundaries. Hence, no other Nation bothers to lay claim to these islands either. How is this similar to the situation with Katchatheevu anyway?

As I've said before, such regional conflicts shouldn't be given importance to the extent that our friendly relations with Neighbouring countries is compromised. There was supposed to be a territory swap between India and Bangladesh which was signed in 2011. Swapping those conclaves is mutually beneficial to both Nations in effectively managing their borders. But that, along with the Teesta dam settlement, are held up due to pressure from Didi.

The Tamils have for long arm-twisted the Central Govt to suit their needs. If their compatriots across the border are really as important to them as they make it out to be, I'd like to see them stop fishing in the waters around Katchatheevu and help their trans-border cousins.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles