Chinese troops intrude into Arunachal Pradesh, stay for over two days

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
NEW DELHI: In yet another face-off with Indian soldiers, Chinese troops had come more than 20 kilometres inside Indian territory in Chaglagam area of Arunachal Pradesh on August 13 and stayed there for over two days.

However, the Army Headquarters sought to play down the incursion, saying the Chinese troops have gone back to their areas and such incidents keep taking place as both sides enter areas claimed by the other side while patrolling the disputed Line of Actual Control (LAC).

People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops had come over 20 kms inside Indian-claimed territory in Chaglagam area of Arunachal Pradesh and after they were stopped by the Indian troops, the two sides showed banners to each other to leave the area, sources said here.

However, the two sides held to their positions and the Chinese soldiers left after staying put for two-three days, they said.

The area falls under the 2 Division of the Army and the deputy commander of the formation had also intervened to resolve the issue, they said.

The sources said paramilitary force Indo-Tibetan Border Police is also present in the area to guard the LAC there.

In April, Chinese troops had entered 19 kms deep inside the Indian Territory and pitched their tents in Depsang plains in Ladakh. They returned after a three-week stand-off and several rounds of hectic parleys between the top officials of the two countries.

In the last eight months, Army sources said there have been over 150 incursions by the Chinese side and that Indian troops also enter areas claimed by them during patrolling.

Chinese troops intrude into Arunachal Pradesh, stay for over two days - The Economic Times

Sridhar

House keeper
Country flag
Re: Chinese troops intrude into Arunachal Pradesh, stay for over two d

News from 14 th Aug 2013

Now, Chinese intrude 30 km into Arunachal Pradesh

After several recent incursions in Ladakh, China has now flexed its muscles in Arunachal Pradesh, transgressing about 30 km inside Indian territory in Chaglagam sector in Anjaw district. Sources told Express that a People's Liberation Army (PLA) patrol crossed the border and came face-to-face with an Indian Army patrol.

"They transgressed into about 30 km in our territory. Both the patrol team showed banners to each other claiming rights. The Indian Army asked the PLA to leave the area and return to their territory. So far both the Army and PLA are staying put at their respective positions in Chaglagam sector," sources said.

An official said the Deputy GoC went on a recce sortie with two choppers to assess the ground situation. "We are hoping the PLA will retreat by Tuesday night or Wednesday as no tents were erected by them," the official said, adding that due to lack of proper boundary demarcation such incidents were observed in the past too.

Last week, a Chinese patrol team entered the Indian territory near Tangkar La pass in Sikkim. Both the Indian and Chinese troops had then showed banners to each others claiming rights. However, the Chinese had retreated after sharing beers with the Indians.

Although the issue of Chinese incursions had rocked the first day of Parliament's Monsoon session, Defence Minister A K Antony had played down the incidents and told the House that there was no commonly delineated Line of Actual Control (LAC) between India and China and there were areas where both nations have different perceptions of the LAC.

"On account of differences in perception of LAC, transgressions do take place. The government regularly takes up any such incident with the Chinese," Antony had said.

Now, Chinese intrude 30 km into Arunachal Pradesh - The New Indian Express

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
Chinese incursion in Arunachal: Caught on tape

Watch Times Now... Exclusive footage of Chinese incursion in Arunachal, most probably in Tawang sector.

Will post video as and when it becomes available.

R&AW

Re: Chinese incursion in Arunachal: Caught on tape

Watch Times Now... Exclusive footage of Chinese incursion in Arunachal, most probably in Tawang sector.

Will post video as and when it becomes available.
Yes i watched the 21 min tape..
My question is to the elites in DFI that-
Why don't our govt consider deploying troops on LAC, like in LoC?.. I feel our nation has bowed down to all our neighbour's under this govt :sad:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Only probable excuse is that there is no terrorist infiltration from China...

Yes i watched the 21 min tape..
My question is to the elites in DFI that-
Why don't our govt consider deploying troops on LAC, like in LoC?.. I feel our nation has bowed down to all our neighbour's under this govt :sad:

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

I was wondering why did the IA commander allow the chinese to do recce using binoculars and take pictures from vantage heights.

mahesh

Country flag

i heard members here saying arunachal have become a fortress, but yesterday, i heard in news channels that Chinese troops are nearly 60 kms inside indian territory showing banners. and the local people say that are still camping around in near by area.

bose

Country flag

GOD knows how many decades will it take to build proper roads there...

R&AW

I was wondering why did the IA commander allow the chinese to do recce using binoculars and take pictures from vantage heights.
May be because he din't want the situation to get escalated.. And even the soldiers want some backing from GoI if something goes wrong..

Yesterday i saw in news that the govt has given instructions to BSF soldiers who are guarding Bangladesh border that they should not harm any intruders even if the intruder's harm them!!

Athiti DevoBhav from UPA!!

What do we expect from our soldiers if this is the present reality of our country.!! :(

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Can any Chinese members tell us what the PLA officer was saying?

Dinesh_Kumar

Man, improve logistics immediately, and work on a credible nuclear deterrent, if our basics are good and Commanders are strong, we can weather this shit.......

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod

These PLA bastards are showing their true colours. This is typical case of letting a bully do what he wanted to do by showing restraint. I have warned this on another thread on PLA incursion in DBO area that this is not going to stop here. They have seen your pussy footing response and be ready for repeat of 1962.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag

This video was a bit weird. It seemed like as if these chinese soldiers were drunk and too much excited so they decided to have some fun. :rofl:

Maybe they wanted to bully our soldiers or something like that.:confused:

hit&run

Mod

This video was a bit weird. It seemed like as if these chinese soldiers were drunk and too much excited so they decided to have some fun. :rofl:

Maybe they wanted to bully our soldiers or something like that.:confused:

This not how armies operate. They are there with specific orders to infiltrate and capture our forward defences. They know you will not shoot because your dick head PM and COAS has told them not to shoot them.

Indians should stop living in fools paradise. Any one can feel the tension and struggle Indian soldiers going through in that over powering of Han bastards.

hit&run

Mod

Can we merge threads on this same topic running parallel.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles