Chinese to be made compulsory in Sindh schools

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Hindi is a useful language ? ROFL! from when ?
Sice when??? Cmon.. r u kidding??? Hindi is as easy and as useful... besides mass manufacturing wont last long.. so obviously, India will be the future.. ROFL.. use some brains before bashing somone :lol:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It is hard to say which of Hindi or Mandarin will be more dominant in business by mid century. The rise of both nations has only seen English become ever more prominent as the language of international commerce and that isn't likely to go away for as long as we live. If I had to bet on it, I would say Hindi would be far more dominant than Chinese as India has an open diverse economy while China is centrally planned and closed off. As for moving past English, not going to happen. Too much of modern culture revolves around it. If Bollywood can replace Hollywood... watch out!

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
It is hard to say which of Hindi or Mandarin will be more dominant in business by mid century. The rise of both nations has only seen English become ever more prominent as the language of international commerce and that isn't likely to go away for as long as we live. If I had to bet on it, I would say Hindi would be far more dominant than Chinese as India has an open diverse economy while China is centrally planned and closed off. As for moving past English, not going to happen. Too much of modern culture revolves around it. If Bollywood can replace Hollywood... watch out!
Ive heard that the french like to speak french and are against speaking english while amongst themselves ? If true then i salute you because the elites here (rich) like to speak in english even amongst themselves when there mother tongue is indian language. They'll also try to copy british and american accents. That mentality pisses me off no end.

Last edited:

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
Ive heard that the french like to speak french and are against speaking english while amongst themselves ? If true then i salute you because the elites here (rich) like to speak in english even when the mother tongue of both is hindi. That mentality pisses me off no end.
yeah, they try to show off that they belong to a rich family by speaking in english.. which clearly shows how rich and educated these kind of chimps are ... :lol:

plugwater

Sice when??? Cmon.. r u kidding??? Hindi is as easy and as useful... besides mass manufacturing wont last long.. so obviously, India will be the future.. ROFL.. use some brains before bashing somone :lol:
India is the future but Hindi aint. So first try to make Hindi as a national language and then talk about teaching others.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
yeah, they try to show off that they belong to a rich family by speaking in english.. which clearly shows how rich and educated these kind of chimps are ... :lol:
not only rich even middle class are copying that trend in delhi,mumbai etc...they are ignorant people.

nimo_cn

Country flag

If Indians themselves are abandoning Hindi, what kind of future does it have?

Illusive

Country flag
Dont worry, its a trend only in cities. But this trend wont stay. But you need to understand the demographics of India, its not a country with 1 language. English is the easiest language of the lot i guess.
Even in cities(northern and western) Hindi is the dominant language. Yes some peple do like to showoff their english skills, but we cant stop them from talking, its a FREE country.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I will tell the truth no matter where it finds me. Not even Chi Chi/ Cha Cha and the Great Firewall kept me from showing the real China. Nothing ever will...

I can even teach francais in China, it is one of the top 3 languages. My roomate just happened to be teaching English so I did part-time work over weekends to keep from being bored. It doesn't pay much so I wouldn't think about teaching any languages as a career. Sorry, I need more bankroll than that.
So far you showed nothing of the so called REAL china, except a few taunts on DFI!

Even if you did teach French it would be useless, no one learns french these days, i learnt it in school for a year. The top languages now are English, Chinese, Spanish and Arabic these languages are useful for travel and business because they are spoken in a wide area and are distributed well.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
We ain't abandoning Hindi!!
We are merely learning new languages, we got Skills!!

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
So far you showed nothing of the so called REAL china, except a few taunts on DFI!

Even if you did teach French it would be useless, no one learns french these days, i learnt it in school for a year. The top languages now are English, Chinese, Spanish and Arabic these languages are useful for travel and business because they are spoken in a wide area and are distributed well.
I shared my experiences of China, have you even been? Go experience the world before you talk about people who have.

You took a year of French yet no one learns French? :lol: It is standard curriculum in most Western secondary schools, not to mention the official language of 43 countries and territories making up 17% of the UN General Assembly. As a travel language, It is the second most important language for getting around Europe, the most important in Africa, quite useful in the South Pacific and Caribbean, Canada, IOR. It is the second most recognised lingua franca after English.

How important is Hindi or Mandarin for that matter? A few countries with diasporas? When I was running through language tapes for South Asia, I was taking Urdu, not Hindi.

black eagle

Country flag
Please educate yourself before you pass any comment. India is a multi-lingual country of which Hindi is the most widely spoken language.. We do not have a national language. People who speak Hindi are still speaking Hindi.Why would they abandon their language??!! & what language would they then use to communicate, Chinese????

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I shared my experiences of China, have you even been? Go experience the world before you talk about people who have.

You took a year of French yet no one learns French? :lol: It is standard curriculum in most Western secondary schools, not to mention the official language of 43 countries and territories making up 17% of the UN General Assembly. As a travel language, It is the second most important language for getting around Europe, the most important in Africa, quite useful in the South Pacific and Caribbean, Canada, IOR. It is the second most recognised lingua franca after English.

How important is Hindi or Mandarin for that matter? A few countries with diasporas? When I was running through language tapes for South Asia, I was taking Urdu, not Hindi.
Well i have been to China on trade visits, its not great but it has developed but you have posted no pics, just taunts. Someone could be sitting at his home on the toilet while posting that on his WiFi.

I thought it would be useful but i found out it had no use. Learning Arabic is more relevant for North Africa and Middle East even if it is one of the official language of certain nations, it is not well understood and more over those nations have no value in trade or economics. They are very poor african nations. With the American media on over drive its only time that they will forget French and switch to english.

Urdu is just Hindhi with Arabic script and it does not make a diffrence.

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Well i have been to China on trade visits, its not great but it has developed but you have posted no pics, just taunts. Someone could be sitting at his home on the toilet while posting that on his WiFi.
I posted plenty of pics, they got deleted for being OT so I stopped bothering. The economic data collected on REAL inflation are valuable indicators of what is really going on, more valuable than a picture of people frying rats. No one sitting on his toilette is going to know those numbers unless they get out to the markets and take price quotes. You won't learn that from PBOC or MOFCOM.

I thought it would be useful but i found out it had no use. Learning Arabic is more relevant for North Africa and Middle East even if it is one of the official language of certain nations, it is not well understood and more over those nations have no value in trade or economics. They are very poor african nations. With the American media on over drive its only time that they will forget French and switch to english.
Yeah, and Arabic has little use outside of Arab countries. French is far more wide spread. When Arabs reach peak oil production, how important is it going to be while developing West Africa comes into its own?

Urdu is just Hindhi with Arabic script and it does not make a diffrence.
The nationalists would disagree with you.

cir

I guess the language of your former colonial master is a must for you lot. lol!

niharjhatn

Do not see the comical side of this...

English has helped bridge language divides within India that Hindi has not been able to, as well as being incredibly useful on a world scale.

There is tremendous diversity within Hindi itself, and so it is rather naive to blindly label the emergence of English as a failure on the part of Hindi.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
'Opium wars' and Chinese 'Century of Humiliations' is what reminds me when you people type in English LOL :D

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
WoW this is good news soon PAK radicals will call it unnecessary and will jump from sky to earth and soon will target CHINESE inside and outside thanks INDIA's can have a breather.

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
Our colonial master, you'd do better to remember that.lol!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles