Chinese to be made compulsory in Sindh schools

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Is English your languge?
Yes, it is. English is one of India's national languages as enshrined in the constitution. Office work is conducted overwhelmingly in English. And lots of middle class families speak English at homes, with their kids and among themselves. The number of English speakers in India will be greater than those in the US a few years down the line.

kalkibhagwan

Tihar Jail
Banned
What about teaching them hindi?? atleast they will learn some useful language, instead of ping pong ching chong

A.V.

Every language is equally important , dont insult anybody's language , learn to develop some tolerance , i saw last page somebody posted against the chinese language , it only shows a poor sense of respect to the poster himself because we are here not to insult any country or its language , each of them is varied and because its varied the world is a beautiful place to live.

So criticize the policies and the post not the language and member its not what DFI tolerates.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Coming back to topic.

The repurcussions of such a move are tremendous. If the headline had read, "Chinese to be introduced in Sindh schools", it would have been perfectly understandable and normal. But when you say "Chinese to be made compulsory" :shocked:

I mean, come on - Pakistanis have no cultural, linguistic or historical ties to China. If anything, they are closer culturally to India than any other place in the world (no Pakistanis, you are NOT culturally close to 'Arabs'). This imposition of Chinese language on youngsters is just so artificial and mind boggling!!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually a lot more Indiana should learn Chinese. It's of national security interest that we do.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
It is a move to keep Chinese in good humor, but a signal that now Sindh will be the next spot for Chinese to do the investments. But it will be interesting to see the return on investments, as lot of pakis knowing Chinese is a danger to them, too many terrorists who know Chinese will get trained and blend in easily

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
There is a saying, those who speak ill of others in front of you, speak ill you in front of others. I cant imagine what you say about us to others, We all know your idea of green only means $$! Relax and just do the work.
As in "us" you mean Indians or Filipinos? I don't really talk much about India in daily life. I never lived there like I did China so there isn't nearly as much to talk about. I hired Filipinos in Guangzhou and now I found a live-in maid for my house in Saipan. I have some experience teaching English in China as I did it for a few extra quai outside my analyst job so I have an incite into its value in the Asian market place. I also know the value of Mandarin is not nearly as high and India needs to focus on English far more.

Iamanidiot

where will pakistan get the money to train all these teachers.One thing all this is pure symbollism.Pakistan does not even have a proper education boare

Blackwater

Tom these parkistani will say china was the part of pakistan civilisation:shocked::shocked::shocked::whistle::whistle:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
As in "us" you mean Indians or Filipinos? I don't really talk much about India in daily life. I never lived there like I did China so there isn't nearly as much to talk about. I hired Filipinos in Guangzhou and now I found a live-in maid for my house in Saipan. I have some experience teaching English in China as I did it for a few extra quai outside my analyst job so I have an incite into its value in the Asian market place. I also know the value of Mandarin is not nearly as high and India needs to focus on English far more.
You would probably be working for the Filipinos next now that you finished scrubbing for the Chinese! Where else would you go and talk trash of the hand that feeds you?

Offcourse you cant teach French anywhere. What use is french now..

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
i have already heard packland's sindhis complain that this comes after already having english sindhi and urdu as compulsory languages then comes this fourth odd -man out .

but what about the islamic requirement that every (good) muslim should actually know the mother language of arabic ?

not being sarcastic here - but shouldnt pakistan being the exemplary muslim nation that they always claimed they were - shouldnt pakstan insist on arabic ( tha language of the Quran ) having precedence over chinese at least ?

I wonder if any responsible pakistani members ( hope we have at least one ) could tell us

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Hindi is a useful language ? ROFL! from when ?
since when ?

since knowing a few years ago that in the near future india will be having the worlds largest population

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
it seems a case of ppp trying to butter the chinese, the party which governs sindh and pakistan, a party that was not so long back seen as no more than an american stooge. a case of realigning, yes so it looks like, and not to forget zardari makes at least two visits a year to china to gain favor with the chinese, dont forget when ppp took over the reigns of pakistan, for a pretty long time period pakistan didnt have an ambassador in china and that was the time when ppp was calling the shots in foreign policy and pretty much toeing the american line, and that also happened the time when zardari was getting ridiculed for not referring to india as pakistan's enemy number one, on the contrary he went on to say india is no more an enemy, much like what nawaz sherif sings these days.

with elections in another two years and with american image taking a beating in eyes of pakistani public, it doesnt come as a surprise that ppp now wants to be seen closer to a country that people of pakistan consider as an all weather friend which will help improve the public perceptions about the party, though its altogether another thing that a much simpler language, english, which happens to be pakistan's official lanuage, that the people of sub-continent have spoken for a pretty long time, majority of pakistanis find it hard to speak and comprehend and here we are talking about a language that is many times more difficult.

much like the way the pakistani education system has faltered, wont be surprised if the same happens here, but what happened tp arabic and the pakistani, ah i mean bakistani, fascination for it?

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You would probably be working for the Filipinos next now that you finished scrubbing for the Chinese! Where else would you go and talk trash of the hand that feeds you?

Offcourse you cant teach French anywhere. What use is french now..
I will tell the truth no matter where it finds me. Not even Chi Chi/ Cha Cha and the Great Firewall kept me from showing the real China. Nothing ever will...

I can even teach francais in China, it is one of the top 3 languages. My roomate just happened to be teaching English so I did part-time work over weekends to keep from being bored. It doesn't pay much so I wouldn't think about teaching any languages as a career. Sorry, I need more bankroll than that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles