Chinese Sub collides with sonar array towed by U.S. Navy ship ( John McCain)

Country flag
i think china is trying to provoke confrontation with USA anything to take the top spot (only in their dreams).

p2prada

An Indian Navy Kilo class sub trailed 2 Chinese destroyers from Malacca strait to the Red sea and they were oblivious to it till the Kilo class surfaced near Yemen.

But, the Chinese are the only ones crashing into a f*kin sonar. Next time it will be an undersea mine.

It was just like that incident near Hainen. The Chinese pilot hit the wing of the EP-3 and crashed.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
As i remember the Chinese forced it to surface but both countries denied it.

Maybe they can't see very well.

p2prada

As i remember the Chinese forced it to surface but both countries denied it.

Maybe they can't see very well.
After being chased for more than a 1000 nautical miles undetected. A forced surface is a joke. Still, once detected a sub can only run. Its not like the Chinese can fire at the sub.

Pintu

After being chased for more than a 1000 nautical miles undetected. A forced surface is a joke.

Agree with you absolutely , p2p, Indian Navy totally dismissed Chinese 'Claim' , however, it is too close for a sub to gather information , and astonishingly crashing in US Naval Ship's sonar. In any hostile environment the any hostile enemy would make permanent settlement for the sub coming too close.

Regards

Country flag
this is the second incident of a chinese sub getting close to a US warship, Chinese desperately trying monitor US in the south China sea/pacific region, and doing a very sloppy job.

Member of The Month SEPTEMBER 2009
It reeks of the Soviet style propaganda.By tailing US warships they're trying to assert their control over the region and think the USN will get nervous or worried.Deliberately bashing into the sonar is dangerous however I'm referring to their increased spying activities using their subs.It seems as if they're marking their territory and want to make it clear to the US that US naval activity in Asia will not go unchallenged.

Their methods seem sloppy but no doubt they will improve.The IN should take a clue from this.
Successfully spying using a sub depends on not being detected.Being detected even if after 1000 nm is worthless if you're engaged by your enemy or possibly another enemy submarine especially if you were collecting sensitive/valuable data.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles