Chinese students better at spotting fake news – Pisa

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You either too thick or arguing for the sake of arguing.
Read the thread from the start,I ve provided multiple arguments to support my claim,
But you be like only posting"how this?" And "how that"

First Answer this,

Idk,you are the "smart" one,
[/QUOTE]

If you insist on calling me a racist, go ahead, but I know I m not.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Again, I'll do this all day,because,
your country is currently running active ops in my country and you come here with posting propaganda crap,and you want me to stay aside and watch?
[/QUOTE]

In order to make China section more active, I m more than happy if you post more stuff about China, even they are all negative, a forum is a place where people discuss and exchange opinions and ideas, even China bashing is better than nothing in this section I believe.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
went to far and became a disaster,
not many people died
I wonder,why didn't the smart kids predict?

it's a right thing to do
So you are simply/shamelessly spitting on the graves of the dead(ps . Ccp killed the Same han-smart kids).

We have a concept called,Karma

m more than happy if you post more stuff
No you are not,you said this remember

You can choose not to believe it, it's not done by me, go to challenge Pisa instead.

your country is currently running active ops in my country and you come here with posting propaganda crap,and you want me to stay aside and watch?

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
[/QUOTE]

I can help you to find some China bashing articles and you can post in China section, just to make this setion more active, try this one, extemely scary...

‘This is mass rape’: China slammed over program that ‘appoints’ men to sleep with Uighur women
One of China’s most disturbing policies shocked the world when it made headlines. The full extent of it is even worse than we imagined.

Radio Free Asia

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/...Z82MU51re4WRE56GVkh3bDW2genc0AV98Id7eqQrh61Yk

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I wonder,why didn't the smart kids predict?

So you are simply/shamelessly spitting on the graves of the dead(ps . Ccp killed the Same han-smart kids).

We have a concept called,Karma

No you are not,you said this remember
Not only me, most Chinese think this way. I assure you for this.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
[
QUOTE="xizhimen, post: 1614223, member: 8060"]
I can help you to find some China bashing articles and you can post in China section, just to make this setion more active, try this one, extemely scary...

‘This is mass rape’: China slammed over program that ‘appoints’ men to sleep with Uighur women
One of China’s most disturbing policies shocked the world when it made headlines. The full extent of it is even worse than we imagined.

Radio Free Asia

https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/...Z82MU51re4WRE56GVkh3bDW2genc0AV98Id7eqQrh61Yk
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

You got it from peedeef didn't you?(they are running a thread on this):troll:
Grow up,buddy,
After posting obvious propaganda bs ,don't blame me for calling out....

Plus,I don't give a flying fuck on the things going on your country(especially on muzzies),its just a tool for me to expose your hypocritical propaganda bs...

Last edited:

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From last 70 years CCP fully controlled the media&narrative.So, it is obvious that Chinese don't trust Media (western mostly and they know local media is 'mouth piece of CCP').
Actually that's very true, when we Chinese joke about some news which are so fake, we always ask: Did you get this news from CCTV?

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
From above video we can conclude almost all Chinese blindly follow western fashion,W Culture & W Life style.'Smart people' create their 'own',they never blindly copy.
i think they are modern clothing, not western traditional clothing, all east Asians dress like that, Japanese and Korean style fashions are very popular in China too. but East Asian culture did originate in China and is being followed by all east Asian countries.

Waanar

Country flag
Chinese students better at spotting fake news - Western source - True news
Chinese government fucking Uighurs six ways from Sunday - Western source - Fake news

How the FUCK can someone cite the same source to praise themselves then discredit it as propaganda in the same breath?

In the words of the great Donald Trump,

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Chinese students better at spotting fake news - Western source - True news
Chinese government fucking Uighurs six ways from Sunday - Western source - Fake news

How the FUCK can someone cite the same source to praise themselves then discredit it as propaganda in the same breath?

In the words of the great Donald Trump,
It's from Pisa and widely reported by both western and non western sources,it's like Olympic Games, from western origin but mostly is regarded as an international oragnization. Beside, not all western news are fake, neither are all Chinese news. You have to try to spot them, that's how the students are being trained, all news channels are biased more or less though.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
PS: Entire Asian culture and life style highly influenced by Hinduism and Buddhism.
Influenced, yes, but not very heavily influenced, Chinese culture by and large is still Confucius based, as for heavily influenced, all east Asian cultures are indeed "heavily" influenced by Chinese culture to a point that many regard them as offshoots of the Chinese culture.

Joker

Country flag
Someone please ban this pig masquerading as a panda.....he has spewed his filth on DFI for too long

Jameson Emoni

Actually that's very true, when we Chinese joke about some news which are so fake, we always ask: Did you get this news from CCTV?
Indeed, Chinese students are very good at spotting Chinese propaganda; after all practice makes it perfect. They do get their fair share of practice given the propaganda oriented nature of CCP.

However the question is: how good are they at spotting Western propaganda?

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Indeed, Chinese students are very good at spotting Chinese propaganda; after all practice makes it perfect. They do get their fair share of practice given the propaganda oriented nature of CCP.

However the question is: how good are they at spotting Western propaganda?
The same, western propaganda many times is worse than Chinese propaganda and we always know it, especially when they report about China, we live in China and we know what China really is, when seeing what they report we just feel it's so laughable, maybe their reporting is for foreigners only.

armyofhind

Country flag
Chinese students better at spotting fake news – Pisa
Students in East Asia are better at distinguishing a fact from an opinion than UK students, the latest Programme for International Student Assessment results show

By Claudia Civinini
03 December 2019

Students in East Asia, including parts of China, can differentiate between facts and opinions better than students in the UK, according to the latest findings from the Programme for International Student Assessment (Pisa).

The reading test in Pisa includes an assessment of the ability to tell whether a source is credible, to recognise bias and identify authors’ intentions.

The ability to differentiate between fact and opinion is considered to be at level 5 or above on Pisa’s six levels of reading proficiency.

On average across all countries, 7.4 per cent of 15 year olds achieve a level five, and 1.3 per cent get up to level six – the UK is slightly above that, with 9.5 per cent at level 5 and 3 per cent at level 6.

But in the four provinces of China Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Zhejiang (B-S-J-Z), which topped every single ranking in Pisa, 22 per cent of students read at level five or above, and 4.2 per cent are at level six.

For Singapore, the percentage of top performers is triple that of OECD average – 26 per cent of students achieved a level five or above, with 7.3 per cent reaching level six.

Referring to high-performing countries in Asia and East Asia, Pisa coordinator Andreas Schleicher said: “The capacity of students in those regions to deal with ambiguous, complex information, to think creatively about solutions, to navigate fake news is actually a lot better than in the case of the UK.

“Those countries are now developing very sophisticated skill sets among their young people, that involve complex problem solving skills, creative skills, critical thinking skills".

However, on average, only around 8.7 per cent of students across the OECD countries were at level 5 or above, meaning that less than one student in every 10 was skilled at distinguishing fact from opinion.

Joint general secretary of the NEU teaching union Kevin Courtney singled out the finding as a reason for concern and added that reading should be fostered as a habit for life.

He said: “The finding that globally fewer than 1 in 10 students was able to distinguish between fact and opinion is extremely worrying in an era of fake news.

“As the OECD points out, reading is no longer mainly about extracting information; it is about constructing knowledge, thinking critically and making well-founded judgements.

"We need to ensure that our education system focuses on developing these skills in our young people, not simply on cramming them with facts."

For the first time in 2018, the reading test was carried out in most countries with a computer-based, adaptive test.

The new assessment was developed in response to criticisms that the tests are “one-size fits all”.

https://www.tes.com/news/chinese-students-better-spotting-fake-news-pisa
STOP OPENING A NEW THREAD FOR EVERY POST YOU DUMBASS. POST IN THE CHINA THREAD.

Jameson Emoni

The same, western propaganda many times is worse than Chinese propaganda and we always know it, especially when they report about China, we live in China and we know what China really is, when seeing what they report we just feel it's so laughable, maybe their reporting is for foreigners only.
In that case, there is no need for China to ban the western propaganda outlets.

xizhimen

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
In that case, there is no need for China to ban the western propaganda outlets.
Still some people may fall for it, I read western media every day but never fall for it, but some people do.We all know how western media pulls all stops to smear China.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles