Chinese Smartphone Brands Go Local In India

ladder

Country flag
u r so joking.
Number of criminals who were put into labor camp is just tiny tiny tiny portion. How can it affect labor costs?
Yes, quite right, I understand. Had Dalai Lama with his followers, would have been in China, the numbers would have been large enough to have affected the labor markets and driven the costs down. But, then again as history will have it, it was not to be.

But, why was participation in labor camps decrease that Xi went jumping to close it? Was it due to 'Sinicization'? When today everybody is a 'Han' who will be thrown into labor camps?

Last edited:

esolve

Yes, quite right, I understand. Had Dalai Lama with his followers, would have been in China, the numbers would have been large enough to have affected the labor markets and driven the costs down. But, then again as history will have it, it was not to be.

But, why was participation in labor camps decrease that Xi went jumping to close it? Was it due to 'Sinicization'? When today everybody is a 'Han' who will be thrown into labor camps?
I don't know what you are talking about,
the labor camp has been closed.
Don't talk about Tibet everyday, pay attention to your Pin Valley ppl who were calling for help from China and put into prison and Manipur ppl who were being beaten like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-yQ5pB5SWQ

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So, you mean, racist like @Ray, didn't deserve labor camps, only lesser crimes like murder deserved it? What was the punishment for racists, firing squad?

Why the hell did Xi go Jumping to close labor camps?
Is that why labor costs in China are rising?
Is it why Nokia shifted business to Vietnam?:scared1:
Microsoft shifts Nokia manufacturing to Vietnam | Business | Thanh Nien Daily

I see, nice little revelation there................
Actually, people who can uplift China from dogmatic morass and into emancipated thought and ideas are put in the Laogai 劳改 (The Chinese word laogai, meaning "reform through labour," refers to the most extensive system of forced labour camps in the world -- modeled after the Soviet gulag -- which has spanned the territory of China since the early days of the communist regime and prisoners who were convicted and have served out their sentences within the laogai may be forced to accept "jobs" at the same labor camps in which they were imprisoned or a nearby factory if they are deemed to be not sufficiently reformed. This practice, known in Chinese as jiuye (forced job placement)).

Deng, who lifted China, was sent to the Laogai by Mao because Mao feared the reformist economic policies of Deng.

Therefore, who knows a stint in the Laogai can be the stepping stone to greater heights!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I don't know what you are talking about,
the labor camp has been closed.
Don't talk about Tibet everyday, pay attention to your Pin Valley ppl who were calling for help from China and put into prison and Manipur ppl who were being beaten like this:
Thanks for educating us about India.

However, we are fortunate that we in India don't kill as they do to dissenters in Tibet and Xinjaing,

The Chinese Laogai, the abbreviation for Láodòng Gǎizào (勞動改造/劳动改造) and what happens. MUST SEE

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Chinese factories make cheap stuff for cheap ppl and non-cheap stuff for non-cheap ppl.
if you r cheap and pay little money, don't expect more. And don't complain like this.
Be silent until you have decent job and can afford an oppo, Dji, Huawei mate 7.
No cheap stuff for non cheap people?

That is why the Laogais are catering for the US, right?

The Americans are cheap chaps, who live in poverty, right?

Note in the video how cheap China immorally get 'rich'.

nimo_cn

Country flag
Like I always said, Indians want everything cheap, then we supply it cheap.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

prohumanity

Country flag
If Chinese stuff is so bad, why the entire American public use it? You see Chinese made things everywhere in USA.

Compersion

Country flag
PRC is good for man made manufacturing. Also because of communist control the labour is organised and business in a way flourish for man made manufacturing (not automated). This includes assembly of electronics (note the word assembly). Further the ability to make cheap is a skill and the government of PRC is very business friendly. PRC has done well no doubt but is it a sustainable approach many are not sure. Also PRC has a good business friendly tax and export system. But Since trade is international and global and if PRC follows rules and accounting openness it will need to be competitive with rising costs and tastes locally. Customers of PRC are darling with it because of cost savings mainly,

On the other scale If one ask micromax it owes a lot of its success to PRC manufacturing, but no way in heaven would a PRC company able to replicate micromax success in india with the people and marketing. In fact micromax probably will want to outsource away from PRC later and make locally since it has the volume now.

A beautiful question to ask is how many total PRC smartphone manufacturers are there, How many of them make profit, and importantly how much. It's a highly competitive market, Also unfortunately one does not read and hear too much about failed and loss making business in PRC since it seems there are none.

But yep having prc smartphone manufacturers is good for consumers since it brings choice, for example a phone that costs 6000 INR with good features and looks is worth a look.

esolve

No cheap stuff for non cheap people?

That is why the Laogais are catering for the US, right?

The Americans are cheap chaps, who live in poverty, right?

Note in the video how cheap China immorally get 'rich'.

look at these innocent women slaves.
Chinese prisons indeed forced some criminals to work, but now it is stopped. But for India, it simply make so man y INNOCENT women become slaves, what a shame.

esolve

PRC is good for man made manufacturing. Also because of communist control the labour is organised and business in a way flourish for man made manufacturing (not automated). This includes assembly of electronics (note the word assembly). Further the ability to make cheap is a skill and the government of PRC is very business friendly. PRC has done well no doubt but is it a sustainable approach many are not sure. Also PRC has a good business friendly tax and export system. But Since trade is international and global and if PRC follows rules and accounting openness it will need to be competitive with rising costs and tastes locally. Customers of PRC are darling with it because of cost savings mainly,

On the other scale If one ask micromax it owes a lot of its success to PRC manufacturing, but no way in heaven would a PRC company able to replicate micromax success in india with the people and marketing. In fact micromax probably will want to outsource away from PRC later and make locally since it has the volume now.

A beautiful question to ask is how many total PRC smartphone manufacturers are there, How many of them make profit, and importantly how much. It's a highly competitive market, Also unfortunately one does not read and hear too much about failed and loss making business in PRC since it seems there are none.

But yep having prc smartphone manufacturers is good for consumers since it brings choice, for example a phone that costs 6000 INR with good features and looks is worth a look.
There are so many Chinese companies in smartphone field. Some indeed assembly smartphones, but many are designing and make smartphones. And nearly all components of a smartphone are made/ can be designed in China. While micromax can't even assembly smartphones in the beginning, let alone design them. Micromax just ask some small Chinese companies to design and make phones for it, while put a brand name/package with "micromax " at the beginning.

Compersion

Country flag
There are so many Chinese companies in smartphone field. Some indeed assembly smartphones, but many are designing and make smartphones. And nearly all components of a smartphone are made/ can be designed in China. While micromax can't even assembly smartphones in the beginning, let alone design them. Micromax just ask some small Chinese companies to design and make phones for it, while put a brand name/package with "micromax " at the beginning.
The main component for smartphone is its software and chip and perhaps the screen (high resolution and low weight). It's a highly competitive market and the ones that are making good profits are overseas firms that assemble In PRC. I would be surprised to learn all PRC smartphone manufacturers and brands make profits. Its unheard to read about bankruptcy and failed business in PRC. Anyway that's only a moot point. There was a good chart in previous pages on top brands for smartphones.

I have no doubt PRC is good at low cost and man made manufacturing (not automated) under its current political and representative structure. It's good for its people and good for the world.

Having a phone that's costs 6000 INR with good features and looks good is worth a look. And also it makes the market more competitive and better for the consumers. A 6000 INR computer like device is amazing with neat features and in fact it can go even lower in price that's the amazing thing and competitors respond. With respect to micromax it is one of the reason that galvanised PRC firms to enter markets like india. But marketing and also people and to other extreme knowledge of business decisions and dispute resolutions is something to learn. On the other extreme side pricing low (and taking a hit on margins) might be a way for PRC to enter and install spyware and infringe in privacy (that is much in the news and everyone is doing it it seems). When I change the phone next time defiantly will look at the PRC made device.

esolve

The main component for smartphone is its software and chip and perhaps the screen (high resolution and low weight). It's a highly competitive market and the ones that are making good profits are overseas firms that assemble In PRC. I would be surprised to learn all PRC smartphone manufacturers and brands make profits. Its unheard to read about bankruptcy and failed business in PRC. Anyway that's only a moot point. There was a good chart in previous pages on top brands for smartphones.
There are many companies in China which make chips. The best is of course Huawei hisilicon. It makes Kirin 920, 925 and 930, which can rival Qualcomm, let alone MTK. And Huawei have used these chips in its Ascend p7 and mate 7, which are not cheap and sells well all over the world, especially in Germany.
BOE Technology is a display panel maker which is only second to Samsung in the world. Almost all components of a smartphone can be designed and made by Chinese companies. Many components in Iphone are from Chinese component suppliers.

when it comes to software, if you mean the iOS or Android, then only US has the software, even Korean Samsung/LG or Japan Sony has no software.

I have no doubt PRC is good at low cost and man made manufacturing (not automated) under its current political and representative structure. It's good for its people and good for the world.

Having a phone that's costs 6000 INR with good features and looks good is worth a look. And also it makes the market more competitive and better for the consumers. A 6000 INR computer like device is amazing with neat features and in fact it can go even lower in price that's the amazing thing and competitors respond. With respect to micromax it is one of the reason that galvanised PRC firms to enter markets like india. But marketing and also people and to other extreme knowledge of business decisions and dispute resolutions is something to learn. On the other extreme side pricing low (and taking a hit on margins) might be a way for PRC to enter and install spyware and infringe in privacy (that is much in the news and everyone is doing it it seems). When I change the phone next time defiantly will look at the PRC made device.
There are expensive chinese brands, like Oppo, vivo, and Huawei Mate/Ascend series, sold at price like 599 euros. 6000 INR can only give you a red Mi or some unknonw branded phones.

Last edited:

mylegend

Finally a more rational comment from an Indian member.

I do not find degrading another nation's real situation really intelligent. Rather, it is an insult of intelligence. As I would admit Indian have a bigger software and service outsourcing industry compare to China, and argue against CCP dictatorship. However, some Indian members would just degrade another nation so they can feel better. This is just sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neo

esolve

Finally a more rational comment from an Indian member.

I do not find degrading another nation's real situation really intelligent. Rather, it is an insult of intelligence. As I would admit Indian have a bigger software and service outsourcing industry compare to China, and argue against CCP dictatorship. However, some Indian members would just degrade another nation so they can feel better. This is just sad.
India's software industry is only 1/5 of China's.
I would agree @Compersion is the most rational guy in this forum. And he has some deep insight about China, but his opinion and knowledge about China is outdated, with several years' lag. 3 years ago, his arguments about smartphone manufacturing may hold, now it is outdated.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

look at these innocent women slaves.
Chinese prisons indeed forced some criminals to work, but now it is stopped. But for India, it simply make so man y INNOCENT women become slaves, what a shame.
It is stopped or new ways to cover up the same found?

Laogai and derivatives are a slave programme with men, women and teens out there.

You are hardly in a position to comment,

mylegend

India's software industry is only 1/5 of China's.
I would agree @Compersion is the most rational guy in this forum. And he has some deep insight about China, but his opinion and knowledge about China is outdated, with several years' lag. 3 years ago, his arguments about smartphone manufacturing may hold, now it is outdated.
Their software industry is much smaller, but that is due to their peanut size internal market. Their outsource business is huge. It is also far more concentrate than Chinese firm. If you look at the data of Chinese software industry, the portion of government and state own corporation is also larger than most of country. Some of the contract are overprice to pain in favor of party noble(红二代) or high rank party member. Indian software industry were able to gain more outsource deal from the west compare to China. Furthermore, for the better or worse, India have a lot of call centers, those service outsourcing consume little resource. It is ideal for a country without infrastructure to support their manufacturing(poor road, electricity, and etc).

mylegend

It is stopped or new ways to cover up the same found?

Laogai and derivatives are a slave programme with men, women and teens out there.

You are hardly in a position to comment,
If you actually bother to find data, the number of political and religious prisoner is really small. Unlike Western nations that can afford to spend over 10000 usd to house a prisoner. Prison in China receive little funding, therefore they need to finance themselve by contracting with other business. As I post it years ago, the prisoner is actually paid, the contract company pay around 100-200 usd per labor(depend of region, lower than market rate of 300-500usd), the prison usually provide between 20-50 usd incentive per month for prisoner, it is cruel but they commit crimes. Furthermore, prison house and feed the prisoners.

One way for you to find out the truth is easy if you actually run an import export business, you will know that the CNN report on the letter found in cloth is most likely to be fake, most of export clothes for major brands to the west gone through wash stage in manufacturing to pre-shrink to prevent shrinking after consumer receive it. With many of the process in manufacturing, a letter won't survive the way as reported by CNN. Furthermore, when you contract with major brands in the west, pre-condition is set that there will be no prison manufacturing. If a trading house is caught with sub-contracting with prison, it lost the contract. It is unlikely that the contract was sub-contract to a prison due the reason mentioned. However, small western firm may careless about where thing is manufactured, but that was not the case with the news report.

I have explained in detail years ago in forum about how the system works, I believe you read it too as you posted the same video years ago.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles